My husband and I have recently returned from a two night break at this hotel. We would recommend it. We stayed on a special tariff of £95 per night, per room, bed and breakfast.
Our room, number 55, overlooking the courtyard was pretty, sunny, clean, quiet and comfortable. It was not very large, but it didn't matter unless you were staying for a long time. The room was decorated with real orchids which was a lovely touch.
We had two evening meals and breakfast in the garden room. The choice at breakfast was extensive and very nicely cooked. Our evening meals were tasty and the price was what I would expect - not cheap but nicely done.
The hotel is very popular and was constantly busy with people eating lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. The Courtyard was a charming place to sit in the sunshine after a day out, relaxing amongst the palm trees and potted geraniums.
The town of Stamford is very attractive, especially if you like Georgian architecture. Burghley House is a leisurely 35 minute walk across parkland and well worth a visit.
I'd go back like a shot for another short break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George of Stamford is one of England's greatest coaching inns. It retains the charm and atmosphere of its long history yet offers today's guests every modern comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The George Of Stamford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Of Stamford Hotel Stamford
- George Hotel Stamford
- George Stamford
- The George Stamford
- The George Of Stamford Lincolnshire