“The Best”
Review of Meadow View

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stamford
Meadow View
Ranked #2 of 18 Stamford B&B and Inns
Preston, United Kingdom
“The Best”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just returned from 2 nights stay at this first class bed and breakfast. The attention to detail, care and presentation are all of the highest standard.Mark is a great host and makes the best breakfast ever :)) Looking forward to a return visit . THANKYOU

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 9 June 2014

stayed at this B&B for 2 nights it is a beautiful place the owner Mark is a wonderful host, rooms are decorated beautifully and exceptionally clean everything you could possibly require in the rooms we have stayed in a few hotels all over and must say this is one of the most loveliest places we have stayed cant wait to go back again hopefully very soon. Breakfast was wonderful will lots of choice I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this beautiful B&B, Thank you Mark for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

This is an extremely beautiful comfortable and well run b&b. My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights whilst we competed in the worlds largest and longest obstacle race! Mark who runs it is friendly accommodating helpful and takes great pride in all he does from room decor to cooked breakfasts! Its spotlessly clean and I would not hesitate to stay again. Complimentary sweets, toiletries and water in your room. A very very pleasant stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NatzW
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I booked to stay in Meadow View for one night (24th April 2014) with my husband and what can I say from the moment we arrived we were greeted by Mark & felt at home straight away. The room we stayed in was immaculate with absolutely everything you could wish for. The next morning his breakfast was delicious with again everything you could wish for from fresh fruit to a full English breakfast,cheeses & breads. The whole place was spotless with beautiful pieces of furniture & his eye for detail you could not fault. The whole experience was fabulous & I felt that I had been spoilt for a day. Thank you very much Mark for being such a great host & am so glad that I found you & will definitely stay at Meadow View again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stay at Meadow View regularly, and it the perfect home from home. Mark is a wonderful host and goes to every length to make guests feel welcome. He also has excellent taste in interiors and a real eye for detail. Each room is beautiful and has everything you could possibly need. His breakfasts are delicious and there's always an amazing array of fresh fruit on offer. The house is spotless and I look forward to staying here each time I'm in town. Stamford itself is beautiful and Meadow View is perfectly located for exploring town. I could not recommend Meadow View or Mark more highly!

Room Tip: All the rooms and en suites are beautiful
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
wisbech
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Even though I was only there for one night I felt as if I had had a mini holiday. Friendly welcome from Karen, shown my room where there was everything I could have wished for from sherry in a crystal decanter to Kenco 3 in 1s to copious amounts of toiletries. Minutes from the station and a short walk across the beautiful meadow to the town centre. If you are lucky enough to have good weather - I had two days of Spring Sunshine, it is an added bonus.Market Day on a Friday felt like France. Having 'walked my legs off' around Stamford it was a joy to come back, shower and collapse on to the comfy bed -I felt incredibly indulgent at 6 p.m. Later I relaxed in the tasteful guest sitting room, read the visitors book (always interesting) and leafed through some of the latest issues of Country Life, Coast etc. Had a nice chat with Miles. Mark arrived home from a flight after midnight but was still up, not in the least bleary eyed, and had laid a breakfast table which was a joy to behold and just for MOI. He was so friendly, interesting and welcoming, a perfect host. I have flagged up Meadow View to Stamford friends as ideal when they have several visitors and need extra accommodation.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Leicester, UK
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We booked the B&B primarily based on Tripadvisor reviews and what a great find.

It was in a great location in the town centre and although there was no parking at the B&B there was a 24hour car park just a few metres away.

Mark was a great host and the whole place was spotless and very comfortable.

In the room there was a generous supply of tea, coffee & hot chocolate together with biscuits and chocolates.
There was even a decanter of sherry and two glasses (a first for me at a B&B)

The whole experience was finished off with one of the best breakfasts you could wish for.
Fresh bread, fruit, cold meats, salmon, a cheese board, yoghurts and a wonderful fully cooked breakfast.

If you are ever wanting to stay in Stamford I cannot recommend this place enough.

Will definately be back

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BarnsleyBob
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
The William Cecil at Stamford
#14 of 27 in Peterborough
Gwynne House
Gwynne House
#10 of 18 in Stamford

Been to Meadow View? Share your experiences!