“Friendly Helpful Owners”

The Dolphin Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stamford
The Dolphin Guest House
Ranked #7 of 18 Stamford B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly Helpful Owners”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Have stayed at the Dolphin Guesthouse many times, for long stays and short, Very friendly nothing is too much trouble for Fay and Bruce, really make you feel welcome, competitively priced, excellent breakfast great location for town centre. Very Happy from start to finish.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Stamford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I put my mum in this place while she came down to visit me and family my mum was very happy with the room and the tidiness of room plus the breakfast they would give you what you want that morning plus they are very friendly to all there guest. So i would say to anyone perfect place near to town and a fair price as well, also i and my mum would go back when she comes down service you can not fault thank you both for making my mum so welcome.

Room Tip: ask them what you would like and they will try to help you so you can have a good stay with them.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Absolutely fantastic! My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights last week, we could not have been happier. With a very warm welcome from Fay, our stay was perfect from start to finish. The room was absolutely spotless, with lovely touches such as the kilner jars with baked goods rather than your bog standard hotel biscuits. Lovely comfy beds and an incredible fresh cooked breakfast in the morning, perfectly located with just a 5 minute walk to the town centre.

Some reviews say the bathrooms are a bit out dated, - can't honestly see how this makes any difference in the way you brush your teeth and wash your face... Our bathroom was immaculate and we had no problems whatsoever.

Would definitely recommend, 10/10 - amazing stay in Stamford without the expense and attitude of the larger hotels. We are already planning our visit back in December!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Very very kind and disposed proprietary, lovely, comfortable and pretty clean rooms, nice breakfast with a big variety of food, perfect location very close to the Rutland Water - that's my experience with The Dolphin Guesthouse. I was really very pleasant surprised getting all this for such a really very good price, The Dolphin Guesthouse I just can fervently recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
Almeria, Spain
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I was at dolphin guest house yesterday at night, and I only have good words to describe the experience. Beginning with kindness of Fay and Bruce, they are so friendly and they helped us from the first time we met. The room was good, all we needed we had, the bed is comfortable and the breakfast is splendid, you have all food and variety of that, on my opinion, it was delicious. I really recommend you this guest house, that's nice. My lvl of English is not very good, sorry for my grammar mistakes.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Bruce the owner was a most congenial host, nothing was too much trouble. Accomodation was very clean and tidy, but (a small but) I would have like a shower connection to the bath. Notwithstanding this minor issue, the b and b is literally across the road from the town centre. There is parking at the front and Bruce also had secure parking, if preferred, for motorcyclists. However the hard standing at the front of the building was sufficient for my bike. Would stay there again. Lovely breakfast too. Thanks Bruce.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
bruceirvine, Owner at The Dolphin Guest House, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Many thanks for your kind comments. The room you stayed in is due a revamp later this year and at that point we may decide to fit a shower or keep with a bath with shower attachment.

Hope to see you again if your down this way.
Bury, Lancashire
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Although Fay and her husband were lovely and extremely helpful, the guest house itself left a lot to be desired. We had a room which was very dated with old furniture, an uncomfy bed and a dark red bathroom suite - like something left over from the 80's. There was no shower which was very disappointing. Fay was really helpful in finding us an ironing board and was friendly and interested in us. Unfortunately, the room could also have done with a proper clean as the skirtings and plug tops were unclean. The carpets need renewing and the property needs a lot of modernisation in facilities, furniture and soft furnishings ; there was a slightly unkempt air to the place.

Unfortunately, due to an unforeseen circumstances, we had to leave early and did not have breakfast. Again, unfortunately, it seemed Bruce was only interested in how he was going to get payment and not in whether we were actually ok (my husband wasn't). Seeing as how they already had my card details, this felt particularly uncaring.

Not sure I would stay there again - the room was over priced and, in my opinion, very expensive. Other guests visiting the area paid £35 less than us and stayed in far superior establishments.

Unfortunately, not the best experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
The Crown Hotel Stamford
Hambleton Hall
Hambleton Hall
#1 of 1 in Hambleton
Best Western Normanton Park Hotel

Been to The Dolphin Guest House? Share your experiences!