“Excellent stay - spacious and comfortable”

Review of Piper House

View of reception room
50 foot reception, light and space in Piper House, Aunby
Kitchen/diner, table seats 16-18 people
View from the outside showing Piper House
Small terrace garden overlooking the meadow
Walk out into open countryside onto a bridleway accessible from right outside Piper House
View from the lake in the wildflower meadow, not yet in flower here.
Tennis court built in 2016 - you are welcome to use this for tennis only please!
Bedroom 1, made up as double. This bedroom has full sized single permanently in room (behind camera)
Bedroom 2, made up as twins - shares bathroom with bedroom 1 and is on first floor
Bedroom 2, made up as a double- shares bathroom with bedroom 1 and is on first floor
Bedroom 3 - shown as a twin - can be a double. Has ensuite shower room
Bedroom 3 - shown as a double, with ensuite shower room
Bedroom 4 - shown here as a triple
Bedroom 4 as a double - the single bed is behind the photographer. Can be configured as 3 singles
Bedroom 5 as a twin room - has ensuite shower room and can be a double
Bedroom 5 as a double room - can also be a twin
Bedroom 6, which can be configured as twins (here) or a superkingsized double
Bedroom 6 shown as a double bedded room
Bedroom 7 - can be a double and a single, or three singles
Bedroom 7, shown here as a triple room
Floor plan showing ground floor (roughly to scale)
new butlers pantry for upstairs reception room - built 2016 - fridge and freezer with sink
Ensuite shower room for bedroom 2
sink detail, bathroom for bedroom 2
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Gilly S
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Hen Weekend”
Reviewed 1 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

I can't agree enough with Melanie W's review as I was one of the hens! I am even contemplating renting the property again for our extensive family to celebrate my parents anniversary it was that good! I cooked for us all one night and the utensils and equipment in the kitchen were better than some of mine at home (and I thought mine were good!).
Again like Mel I only have one thing that could be improved on and that was the drainage from one of the en suite showers. It wasn't quick enough for two of us to use after each other.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It's uniqueness and large dining table!
Liked least: My shower
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Melanie W
Manchester, United Kingdom
“If there was an AWESOME rating then this beautiful cottage and its owners would get it”
Reviewed 29 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

My group of 10 Hens and I just stayed in the beautiful Aunby Manor cottages this weekend and our entire experience was completely phenomenal!
Katie, the owner, was very attentive through email contact throughout the booking process, and answered all my ridiculous questions with speed and accurate information.
She gave me clear and helpful directions to reach the cottage which made our journey relaxing, and when we arrived there was a wonderful surprise of a welcome card, an info pack, a bottle of bubbly(!) and some lovely flowers to greet me!
I embarrassingly arrived after my food shopping delivery had arrived, and Matthew, Katie's husband brought all the bags in, and even put the cold fridge items in the fridge for me! This is just beyond the call of duty, and a wonderful surprise and a HUGE help!
The entire cottage was immaculate, and the beds were extremely comfy.
For a large group of 11 of us, it was perfect to have such a large dining table, and a really lovely lounge area so we could all dine together and relax together as a big group.
Matthew was very attentive as we settled in and we knew where to find him if we needed him, and Katie came to see we were ok on the last morning, and said we shouldn't feel rushed to leave, which was lovely.
My only suggestion, (and I write this so you know the review is 110% genuine (!) ) is please would you be able to add pan cleaning scourers to the already extensive number kitchen items available!
All in all we couldn't have had a better place to stay and celebrate my last few weeks of "freedom" and I am so grateful to Katie and Matthew for ensuring our stay was perfect.
I will definitely be coming back, and the perfect part about the property is it can break down into smaller cottages for smaller groups - although I am not sure I want to share such a beautiful place with anyone and would want it all to myself!
Thanks again, truly awesome!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The large dining table and large open plan lounge which is perfect for groups.
Liked least: No scourer to clean our pan. (really not an issue though!)
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
bextab
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Perfect place and perfect weekend!”
Reviewed 9 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013

We've just come back from a wonderful weekend at Piper House and I cannot praise it enough! There was a large group of us; 14 in total, and we rented all three cottages for an extremely reasonable price. The weekend was a surprise for my fiance's 30th birthday and the owner, Kate, was brilliant at helping me organise things from start to finish. Kate even decorated the main dining room with balloons and banners and kindly got my fiance a present and a bottle of wine.
All three cottages are absolutely beautiful; light and airy rooms which are still comfortable and cosy. I particularly liked all of the personal touches throughout the cottage which made it feel like a home from home. There was plenty of room, which was ideal for a large party, as everyone was able to have their own space. We also had an additional 6 guests over for dinner on the Sunday afternoon, and again, they were very impressed.
Overall, the place is fantastic and I would definately recommend to friends and family, without hesitation and I'm certain that we'll be back in the near future.
Thanks again!
Becca & Rob

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cottage layout and decoration, Helpfulness of owners.
Liked least: Everything was good!
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
violettaB...
Bainbridge
“Perfect for a family celebration, all generations provided for”
Reviewed 29 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

The owner was there to welcome us with flowers and wine for the birthday girl, and we felt at home right away. Lovely bedrooms including one ground floor for a granny. Huge well equipped kitchen so all could dine together. Very big Lounge upstairs with enough comfy chairs and sofas for all to sit in comfort, play games or watch Tv. Because it's three cottages, it feels cosy, but they are all interlinked so you can wander through without stepping outside ( luckily for us as it snowed all weekend!) The heating system coped fine with freezing weather. We had snowball fights in the meadow and walked round the small lake in the grounds. A trip to nearby Stamford and Burghley House were planned but actually we just enjoyed hanging around the house and enjoying its relaxed atmosphere. The owner recommended a local pub with a private room for family lunch and this was superb also. A fabulous weekend in an ideal house

Liked best: Perfect lounge for a group aged 9 weeks to 75 years
Liked least: No complaint about anything
Your age range 65+
oban
Reviewed 28 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: big space, quirky decoration, incredibly warm and welcoming
Liked least: No pub to walk to
Your age range 35-49
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Liked best: Large reception area
Liked least: The property comprises 3 linked cottages, so the walk from one end to the other (via the reception area upstairs) - but it's not a problem
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
How to book this rental
Submit an enquiry to the owner using the above make enquiry button
The owner will respond with a quote.  We encourage owners to respond within 24 hours
You will be able to send additional messages and pay for the quote through the TripAdvisor Rental Inbox
Payments made through the TripAdvisor Rental inbox are covered by Payment Protection
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing