“Great B&B !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stamford
Rutland Terrace B&B
Ranked #5 of 18 Stamford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two most comfortable nights at Rutland Terrace B&B .
A beautiful building very close to the heart of Stamford town
Lucy was a brilliant host and couldnt do enough for us .
We stayed in her twin room with seperate bathroom , we had tea making facilities in the room with a large selection of teas and coffees . everything was spotless and the bathroom was huge and had a large walk in shower .
Breakfast was lovely so was the homemade marmalade . We had a lovely trip thankyou Lucy for being so nice .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Lucy R, Owner at Rutland Terrace B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Hello and thankyou for yr glowing review, I am thrilled you enjoyed yr stay here at rutland terrace b&b, and I hope to welcome you all back one day? You made me laugh on loads of occasions, thankyou again, and look forward to seeing you another day? Best wishes

There are newer reviews for Rutland Terrace B&B

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were originally meant to stay at 10 rutland terrace for one night when we went up for a wedding. However, the b&b was so beautiful and relaxing that we extended our stay another night. Lucy was fabulously helpful and gave us a map, circling the best places to eat and places to see. Stamford is a stunning town and we had a wonderful stay. Our room was beautiful, big, bright and clean. The breakfast was fresh, local, tasty and plentiful. We have returned to London thoroughly relaxed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lucy R, Owner at Rutland Terrace B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

hello and thankyou so much for your remarks about 10 rutland terrace b & b. very kind of you and it was great meeting you and also it was good that you could stay an extra day and really have a good look around stamford, because it really is such a fabulous market town, with such historic buildings. maybe and hopefully you may return?? i hope so. thankyou again

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Have just spent three nights at 10 Rutland Terrace with family. Lucy was the the most friendly and
kindest hostess, nothing was too much trouble. Bedrooms where lovely and clean and cosy with
everything you could possibly want including chocolate bars a little luxury. Breakfast beautifully served with plenty of choice and as much as you wanted. Married son and wife said it was more like home from home than a B&B . We will return here to Lucy again, and visit more places of the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Top floor large room, with lovely views of the meadows.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank claireandpauline
Lucy R, Owner at Rutland Terrace B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

hello and thankyou for such a lovely review. i really enjoyed your visit here at 10 rutland terrace, and was sorry when it was all over!! i do hope you can come again one day for more help full bridge tips!! many thanks and happy easter.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Have just spent the most wonderful time at Rutland Terrace. Lucy is the most accommodating hostess. Her homemade Marmalade is just the best I have ever tasted. Well worth the price to take some home to remind you of the wonderful times in the historic market town of Stamford. I would come back just for the marmalade! The house is lovely and warm with delightful rooms. Looking forward to the next visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Olly T
Lucy R, Owner at Rutland Terrace B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

hello and thankyou olly t for your kind remarks about my marmalade. yes i also feel homemade marmalade is delicious, and hopefully it will sell well, and as you say, remind guests of stamford and of course "rutland terrace" each time they have a little!!
i look forward to you visiting again sometime soon
many thanks

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Really nice B&B, room with a great big comfortable bed, nice bathroom and beautiful view over the meadows and roofs of Stamford. Everything very clean and a very welcoming host. The booking process was a bit wobbly, also please ask if you need it warmer as the heating was turned down at 9pm, so the room was a bit chilly when we returned in the evening, but was heated up again instantly on request. Furthermore the breakfast was delicious and lots of choice for a B&B, a bit of a down site was, when we got to the breakfast,later in the morning, as there is only one big table, my wife and I had to sit on the opposite long side of the one big breakfast table, which is nice when you are in a big group, but not necessarily if you like a bit of privacy on a romantic weekend. This was resolved when the other guests left, but I am sure Lucy will address this by maybe butting little table cards on for each room, in the future. So I am confident on our next visit I can leave an excellent review for this place!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Superquero
Lucy R, Owner at Rutland Terrace B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Hello and thankyou for yr very kind review. I am blown away with your comments, well, you were great guests and it was a pleasure to be of help!! I hope my recommendations for meals in stamford were good for you, and I'm happy you enjoyed visiting stamford, it really sells itself being so old and architecturally interesting! Many thanks again, and maybe see u again on another trip?

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights while viewing property in the area.Lucy was a great hostess the room was perfect breakfast very generous and the location walking distance to the loveliest town centre in England.
Sometimes parking is difficult outside but usually available 200 yards away

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sw1sdom
Lucy R, Owner at Rutland Terrace B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Hello and thankyou for yr glowing review!
I am delighted you enjoyed my breakfasts
And I hope yr house hunting was a success ?
I really enjoyed meeting you both and maybe one day I will see
You again at Rutland terrace as either a neighbour or a guest ??
Until then thankyou again

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Couldn't fault our stay here. Although Lucy was away for the weekend we were greeted by a friend and offered a hot drink on our arrive, rooms were spotlessly clean with a very large bathroom. You can have anything you like for breakfast and this is cooked to order in an aga. Parking can be a bit tricky as the road outside does tend to get quite full. would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RetfordPaul
Lucy R, Owner at Rutland Terrace B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thankyou so much for yr fantastic review! I am delighted yr stay went well. I was sorry not to be here, and I'm very pleased you were looked after well. Maybe if you come back another day I will meet you. Until then thank you again, happy Christmas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
The Crown Hotel Stamford
Barnsdale Hall Hotel
Barnsdale Hall Hotel
#2 of 2 in Barnsdale
Borderville Farm Guest House

Been to Rutland Terrace B&B? Share your experiences!