Stayed in "the stag" which was charming and spacious... Great bathroom, enjoyed the bath.
Bed was really comfy and the atmosphere in the whole place was really relaxing. Ate in the town in the evening which was a pleasant walk away but if the breakfast was anything to go by I would eat in the restaurant next time I stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once upon a time there was a drinking club at Burghley House. It was founded by The 5th Earl of Exeter in 1684 and it was called The Honourable Order of Little Bedlam. It had an eclectic bunch of members: The Baptist Earl of Gainsborough was known as Greyhound, The Hon Charles Bertie was The Stag and The Earl of Denbigh was Tyger amongst other nefarious characters. They would have drunk locally brewed ales, feasted on Burghley Estate and other local produce and created total bedlam. Things have a habit of coming round and we are delighted to invite you to dine on our local produce, sup our fine ales and obviously behave very, very well! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your The Bull & Swan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bull And Swan
- The Bull & Swan Hotel Stamford
- Bull And Swan Stamford
- The Bull & Swan Stamford, Lincolnshire