Very impressed when we stayed at the Bull & Swan last week. Our room was spacious, recently decorated, but still had plenty of historic features that gave character to the room. Appreciated the excellent coffee, tea and biscuits included. Freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast always a good sign, and the cooked breakfast that followed was very good.
Staff were helpful and friendly - gave impression that they enjoyed working here.
Great for those without a car. Bus every 30 mins to Peterborough connects with trains to London & the North. Looking forward to making a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once upon a time there was a drinking club at Burghley House. It was founded by The 5th Earl of Exeter in 1684 and it was called The Honourable Order of Little Bedlam. It had an eclectic bunch of members: The Baptist Earl of Gainsborough was known as Greyhound, The Hon Charles Bertie was The Stag and The Earl of Denbigh was Tyger amongst other nefarious characters. They would have drunk locally brewed ales, feasted on Burghley Estate and other local produce and created total bedlam. Things have a habit of coming round and we are delighted to invite you to dine on our local produce, sup our fine ales and obviously behave very, very well! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Bull & Swan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bull & Swan Hotel Stamford
- The Bull And Swan
- Bull And Swan Stamford
- The Bull & Swan Stamford, Lincolnshire