“will go again”

Ranked #22 of 93 Skegness B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“will go again”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Just had 2 nights at grand hotel very clean bed very comfortable very good breakfast wish we had gone longer will be going again

Room Tip: have a room on the front worth the extra
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

nice and clean nice family how run the grand vary god breakfast will go again a nice sort brake thank you .

Room Tip: we had room 21 vary nice view and bath room i would use again
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My husband and I had booked for 2 nights away for a short break.Position of the hotel was excellent,easy access to local amenities.The staff were very friendly,made us feel very welcome.We booked a sea view room which was ideal in size for what we needed.Overall I would book this hotel again when visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester England
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My partner and my mum stayed here for two nights over Christmas. The hotel is in a great position and we had a sea view room which was large and spotlessly clean. Everything we needed was provided hairdryer, soap, shampoo etc. The owners are very nice and friendly even helping us to our room with lots of Xmas presents we had brought with us. There wasn't many guests staying so I was surprised to see we still got the buffett breakfast which was perfect. My only complaint was it was a little too warm for me in the hotel but it was December afterall. We will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Attleborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in early November 2011 whilst visiting friends who live in the area. Our room was adequate and the bed was really comfortable slept really well on both nights. However, the bathroom flooring needed replacing but the owner said he has this in line for later on. It was clean though but the shower was tiny and as a rather large person I wouldn't have used it as there was nowhere to hold on to and I am slightly disabled. We stayed in a seaview room but the weather was bad so we didn't actually see the sea. We had our dog with us and there was a park opposite which was really convenient. Also we managed to park our car in the road as there are no restrictions in November for parking on the street. We would visit there again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are up a rather steep staircase
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Derbyshire, England
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Proprietors very welcoming and friendly. Hotel in a great spot, virtually smack across from the pier.
I stayed in single room number 4 for just 1 night. Room very old fashioned but was nice and clean. Single bed (no headboard though, dont know why?), chair, wardrobe, drawers, bedside table with lamp & electric alarm clock, kettle/mug/tea & coffee and small very old colour tv.(does Amstrad still exist!) Large mirror with socket close by , perfect for drying/straightening hair. Light fitting with 3 speed fan. Bathroom roomy with loo, shower & sink with shaving light over. Towel trolley and sachets of shampoo/shower gel.
Breakfast was buffet style and was FANTASTIC. Help yourself to cereals & juices then onto chafing dishes containing bacon/sausage/mushrooms/eggs/toms/beans. Warm toast and jam/marmalade. Staff brought pots of tea/coffee as requested.
All in all, a great little hotel with everything to make your stay comfortable but really desperately needs updating & decorating. I would happily stay here again, albeit for 1 night rather than a weeks hols.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank HOLIDAY-A-LOT-BUNCH
MILTON KEYNES
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Stayed at this b& b for a long weekend.

It is in an ideal location for the beach , the town centre and all the arcades, seafront etc.

Personally I did not feel comfortable here, I recognise that everyone has there own standards and I do have the occasional ocd moments reagrding cleanliness but I was really disapointed witht he decor in the room, cleanliness of the room etc.

I walked into the room and my heart sank, I honestly thought about sleeping in the car rather than laying by head on one of their pillows. I slept on top of the bed on a bath towel I had brought. I did not use the sink as the taps were filthy, pull cord to the bathroom was disgusting and their were pubes and hairs all over the bathroom.

On a happier note...... the owners are so friendly and welcoming-they would do anything for you. (i did not complain, as I would not want to hurt their feelings and havent got the bottle-I just wouldnt stay there again).

The breakfast was great-you help yourself to breakfast that is laid out in hot trays. This is fab as you can have wot you like with no fuss. If you want poached egg on toast with a couple of mushrooms or you want three slices of bacon and one sausage etc

Parking was tight but you can also park outside the hotel from 10pm - 10am without getting a ticket.

As I say....location ideal, owners fab, hotel quite shabby and not clean by my standards. I don't feel , for the price we paid...that we had value for money. far overpriced for what it is. We paid £120 for two night B&B for two persons.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends