The Grand Hotel
US$95
US$97
Kildare Hotel(Skegness)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea viewbuffet stylefresh fruit saladstair liftparking is limitedtop floorsea frontcomfy bedlovely hotelsmall balconyhighly recommend this hotellovely couplesingle roomembassy theatrestayed here for two nightsvery pleasant staylocal amenities
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Just returned today, Room 14. Travelled with my 13 year old son. Smita and Andreas, really genuinely kind, helpful and attentive. Andreas even carried my bag to the room for me which was really welcome. They are new owners and somehow they seem to be really in touch with guests, was nice to see them around the hotel and being accessible, very available whenever needed. Have stayed in June before Smita and Andreas took over, and room wasn't made up in between days but with Smita and Andreas - made up after one day, fresh towels and even put our PJ's under out pillows which was a really nice touch. Hotel is ideally positioned just a really short walk from the main attractions, close enough to get to everything easily but not too far away at all. Really easy parking opposite. I will definitely stay again but if I were to add any ideas for improvement, Although I am not a fan of buffet breakfast (I prefer being served) the quality of the hot breakfast was good but would like to have seen a bigger selection of cereals, especially for children. Overal though, the quality of the hot breakfast was very good. I wish Smita and Andreas all the best with their new venture, they certainly deserve success with the effort they put in to making guests feel so welcome, Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel P
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel over the weekend. The hotel rooms clean, tidy and beds really comfortable. Breakfast as many others have said was very tasty. Owners Andreas and Smita are fantastic and I wish them all the best with this new venture for them.

Room Tip: Choice of single and double rooms, some with sea views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Myself and my mum recently stopped here for 1 night and wish we could have stopped longer! The hotel is really nice and is very clean and the owners Andreas and Smita are lovely, nothing is to much trouble. Breakfast is buffet style and is very tasty and there is plenty to choose from - fresh fruit, cereal, toast and full English. I will definitely be stopping here again and will be recommending it to everyone. Thank you for a lovely relaxed stay :)

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

In a party of four staying in room 1 and 5. Room 5 two single beds very spacious and clean. Room 1 double bed smaller but again clean. Both rooms ensuite, with TV and tea/coffee making equipment, and plenty of drawers and a wardrobe for your clothes. Great rooms, good polite staff and a breakfast to die for. Nice breakfast room and separate lounge with bar. Would I stay here again, yes without any doubt at all. Parking for four motorbikes was never promised, but when we booked in we were shown to the garage at the rear and there was plenty of space.

Room Tip: Ask about car/motorbike parking
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I needed a B&B near to the Embassy Theatre for just one night and, after looking on the reviews on TripAdvisor, this seemed a good bet. I can't complain about the price (£35 for a single including breakfast), and it's very convenient, but parking can be a problem. The hotel is run by some lovely people and it is clean, but it was like being in a time warp - it took me back about 55 years to when I was on holiday with my parents. Obviously, running a B&B property on the front in a seaside resort with all the costs of staff, cleaning, changing the sheets & towels is very expensive, and.I really admire the owners for what they achieve here, but the reality does not fit in with such glowing reviews! I'm not knocking the place, but all I can say is don't expect anything as great as the other reviews suggest.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business