“friends”

Mickleton Guest House
Mickleton Guest House
Ranked #67 of 92 Skegness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 November 2013

went as a guest and left as friends.
nothing to much trouble for adrian and pat.
food at breakfast very tasty and filling.
room comfortable.
quiet location.
close to all attractions.
feels like home from home.

Room Tip: upstairs rooms are bigger but if you want a small room no 1 room is comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Pat and Adrian are great hosts and the Mickleton is by far the best Guest House I have stayed in oh-so bracing Skegness. The room was very clean and everything worked - including a kettle that actually fitted under the tap of the washbasin. I was in the only room that wasn't en-suite but the bathroom was just across the landing and I was assured I was its only user so that was fine.
The proprietors are very friendly and kind - I had some work to do and they were happy for me to set up my laptop and printer in the bar area and brought me a cup of coffee mid morning. However I am willing to bet that neither of them eats sausages. That would be the only explanation for the truly dreadful banger on an otherwise impeccable and delicious breakfast plate. It was dry and tasteless, but the couple are so nice and I was so hungry that I ate it anyway.
This hotel also has a unique claim to fame as far as I am concerned. It is the only hotel in more than 40 years of travelling all over the world that has had a dress code for breakfast! It is.....wait for it....No Pajamas!

Room Tip: Choose any room other than room two and it will be en-suite.
Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rumsey54
PatAdy, Owner at Mickleton Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Hi Paul
Thank you for your comments you have certainly said how you have seen us. why did you not mention about the sausage we did have the lincolnshire sausage as an alternative. but its always great to see a review thats not exaggerated hope to see you again Adrian & Pat

Reviewed 27 August 2013

It was our fourth visit to this very welcoming Guest house, Rooms absolutely brilliant, breakfast and Dinner all home cooked with the care of those in their presence. Pat & Adrian have become very good friends so it wasn't just a holiday for us it was going back to meet our new found friends. The guest house is positioned close to all activities. My wife is disabled and they gave us\a downstairs room.
WE will be back again hopefully before the end of the year.
Pat & Adrian Keep up the good work and enjoy your holiday in Teneriffe in November.
Regards, Dave & Iris Worden Derby.

Room Tip: Go you will be highly satisfied
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wordy8
PatAdy, Owner at Mickleton Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Hi
It was nice to see you both again we are now looking forward to our well earned rest in November look forward to seeing you soon Adrian & Pat

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Another lovely welcome from Pat & Adrian.
Shown to our lovely rooms which had plenty of space.
The beds was comfy.
Nothing was too much trouble for them, they was happy to help in any way.
Fantastic breakfast & evening meal
Lovely bar to have a drink, relax, chat to other guests & Pat & Adrian.
Fantastic weather.
What can we say, but thank you Pat & Adrian for another fantastic week.

Mandi Sheffield

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ian h
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have stayed here for a few times, since last December, with my father, brother on business visits. They are very kind people and are the perfect hosts. Its like being at home. The breakfast and food is awesome. I would highly recommend this place to everyone. Thanks Pat and Adrian.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MAX Z
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Recently returned from this very comfy guest house. A very nice welcome again from Pat and Adrian. We was very well looked after. Very clean room and lovely well cooked full english breakfast. One of the best guest houses in Skegness.

Room Tip: Me and my husband stayed in a twin room which was very roomy and light.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank camper5nottingham
Reviewed 16 January 2013

we have stayed at the mickleton guest house several times in their comfortable downstairs bedroom because of my heart problem. they are very kind and go the extra mile. the food is always good but on new years day with candles and a home cooked meal it was like dining with special friends. thank you from Carole and Brian Hewitt.

Room Tip: room number 3 is an excellent room if you are wanting a room with a view. downstairs bedroom number...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple