Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Skegness
See available hotels
  • Beachfront
The Sun Hotel(Skegness)
  • Beachfront
1,753 results
All reviewsbronze caravanswimming poolon siteteam starsboat houseboathouse restaurantplatinum caravansilver plus caravanentertainment complexsouth viewsun holidaywater featurescentral heatingcaravan holidayon arrivalentertainment staffkids entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great friendly service from bar staff up to management. Coming again with all family for Golden Wedding dinner and holiday combined.
Room service very quick the food is very nice and the facility very good in erea

• Stayed: June 2014
Park R, General Manager at Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us at Southview. I was so pleased that you found all of the staff to be friendly.

We look forward to seeing you again at the Golden Wedding anniversary dinner.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The park is maintained to a very high standard. The grounds including waterfall at enterance, the several lakes with ducks and fish, the restaurant and bar area were of such a high standard. The swimming pool is spotless although i felt the actual changing area was a bit grubby and dated with not enough changing rooms.
Already looking to book later in the year as skegness has something for everyone and i wouldn't ever stay anywhere else. 5 stars + from me. Loved loved loved our holiday.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Elaham1
Park R, General Manager at Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for posting your review following your stay at Southview. I was so pleased to read that you loved your stay and that you found the grounds and facilities to be of a high standard. I have noted your comments with regards to the changing room facilities at the swimming pool, and I am pleased to let you know that it is on our list for development as soon as possible.

I do hope you have the opportunity to return again this year, please remember that you can take advantage of our 2nd holiday discount too.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We recently stayed in a caravan (38 Sunset) and it is obviously owned by pet owners or pets are allowed to stay there. The odour of dogs was really bad and dog hairs kept cropping up (even in the oven)! The bathroom had an overwhelming smell of blocked/bad drains and no amount of bleach or air fresheners helped the matter. Although we booked this holiday as part of the Sun Holiday package I didn't think I would be compromising on the quality of accommodation! I did attempt to complain about the caravan but was informed by someone answering the phone purely because the reception staff were busy with "check in" that I would have to wait an hour or so and go back to reception to raise my concerns. I'm allergic to dogs and are amazed that guests are not made aware that the accommodation may have had pets staying previously. I was aware that pets were allowed on the site but not that my accommodation would have dog smells and dog hairs!The rest of the park , however, is really nice and the staff in the restaurant are excellent and the food is of a decent quality. We wont be going to Park Resorts again!

Room Tip: Check that the caravan owner does not allow pets!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andi H

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us. I was sorry to hear that your allocated accommodation was not as expected.
Whilst we do permit pets in our Bronze standard of accommodation, this does not of course mean that your accommodation should not be to an acceptable standard. I note from your feedback that you were not aware that pets are permitted in our Bronze accommodation - I can confirm that this information is detailed within our brochure and on our website, as well as within the information provided by Sun Holidays.

I have passed your comments over to the Housekeeping Manager and I will personally carry out a detailed inspection of this particular caravan. I was pleased that you found everything else on park met with your expectations, particularly the staff and the food provided within the Boathouse Bar & Restaurant.

Please accept my personal apologies with regards to the standard of accommodation.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here as part of the Sun newspaper promo
As with all our holidays that involve the Sun holidays promo (typically £9.50 for 3 nights, but as this was a summer promo, it was £15), we typically choose the venue due to the location of where we want to visit and explore
As we hadn't been to the Lincolnshire region, we figured Skegness would be a decent enough base and opted for this site as it received the better reviews overall

Check in was pleasant - Laura was our check in clerk and she was extremely helpful and offered plenty of advice for our short stay
Our accommodation was a static caravan and surprisingly much larger than we expected
Was clean and everything was in good working order - no complaints
The site itself had plenty to offer - decent bar and leisure centre offered a gym that had more equipment than many 4-5 star resorts I have stayed at, so very impressed with that
Pool is definitely a family fun pool - expect funny looks from parents if you intend to do lap swimming!

Good for families - but for us, it turned out Skegness is a dying seaside town and had little to offer us, so won't be retuning
However, I would recommend Southview should anyone wish to take a break in this part of the world

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank j100lok

Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us. It’s great to read that you found Laura to be helpful during check-in, and that your accommodation met with your expectations.

I am pleased that you made use of the facilities available, although I was saddened to hear that you did not enjoy Skegness itself. Whilst I appreciate that you would not return due to this, I am delighted that you would recommend Southview.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Nice, clean, tidy holiday park. Really friendly ducks where an added bonus, the little one loved them. 40 minute walk to the beach was unexpected but a pleasant stroll straight down one road when the weather was nice like we had. The only downside is the lack of baby facilities in the pool changing rooms - non existent in the men's and minimal in the ladies, the site would benefit from a communal changing area with better family changing facilities.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you found Southview to be a pleasant park, and that we provided value for money.

I note your points with regards to the baby changing facilities within the pool changing areas, and I can confirm that additional baby changing facilities are in the process of being installed. The development of the changing facilities in general is on our list and we hope that this will take place in the near future.

We hope to see you again soon.