“Normally go abroad this time of year but decided not to and go to a park resort thought it was not be us but eat our wor”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skegness
Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts
cambs,uk
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

But had a few days with family then booked for our holiday it in June.Nothing was too much trouble the staff very friendly very clean excellant value wether you want to chill or get involved always something to do. Caravans were great got the bug now. The price we paid is great value and no queue at the airports then been disapointed at the over end. Go and relax and come home relaxed

• Stayed June 2014
Park R, General Manager at Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you so much for writing such a great review. I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and you felt your holiday was excellent value for money.
I am especially pleased to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and that you all managed to have a really relaxing time.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

01754 896 001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
lincoln
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Spent mon to fri at southview from 28/7 to 1/8 was quite happy with our caravan and the site but was wondering what the improvements were to the pool . The changing room was disgusting they know people take babies on holiday and need room for buggies and somewhere to sit them but no room for buggies and no where to sit them while you got changed. My daughter and i struggled with the babies and got mucky looks and rude remarks about her buggy being in the way. When locking locker it didnt lock but took my money went to reception where the lady was quite rude about the fact she knows that locker works as she had already put wd40 on it already that morning. Went to the pool again later in the week and i had forgotten something so nipped back to get it but they wouldnt let me in the pool as it was full even though i explained my daughter was on her own with 2 babies had to wait on a list for 20 mins to get in.
Overall we had a good holiday walked into Skegness twice and went to the fairy dell instead of suffering the pool on site wont be going to southview again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank for your review. I’m really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Skegness and that you liked both the caravan and the holiday park.

I am really disappointed that our improvements to the swimming pool area were not noticed. In 2013 there was a considerable extension to the pool area as well as the addition of a large water flume, which has proven to be very popular with both children and adults. I am sorry to hear that the changing facilities proved to be difficult for you and your family, I am currently reviewing future improvement opportunities for the changing rooms as a result of the feedback provided by our guests. I can appreciate the frustration you felt when you were asked to wait on your second visit, unfortunately we have to operate to strict bathing loads within the pool and the headcount is monitored throughout the day to ensure the safety of our guests.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope that I can welcome you and your family back to Southview in the future.

Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We just had a quick visit last week. The site seems huge, I went to the swimming pool which was lovely although small for the amount of people who must be on site. The restaurant on site was alright too but there seemed too few staff to maintain decent service and cleanliness of tables.
The site itself was lovely, very tidy and looked a lot better than the other sites in the area.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Luke H
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at Southview. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your time at the park and that you found the swimming pool to be lovely. The pool was extended last year with the addition of a water flume, on the back of our guests’ feedback, however we are continually looking at areas for future improvement so I really appreciate your comments.

I will discuss your comments regarding service standards and cleanliness in the Boathouse restaurant with the complex manager. However, as you will be able to see from previous reviews such situations are very rare, so please accept my sincerest apologies on this occasion.

It really pleases me to hear that you found the park to be clean and tidy, as we take a great deal of pride in the presentation of the park. Thanks again for your review.

Wisbech, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had a fantastic time at Southview. Clean, well equipped site. Good range of activities for all ages. During our stay, we used the pool, clubhouse and children's activities and found them all fantastic.
Staff were polite and helpful throughout, and helped us fully enjoy our holiday.
The only thing we can't understand is why bingo is set in the middle of the kids evening entertainment, with repeated requests for children to be quiet. Surely push the bingo back to 2100 and have the kids entertainment from 1800 - 2100?

Room Tip: Have a super-pitch. They're not that much more and a site easier.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Claire A
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and writing a review of your recent break with us. It really pleases me to hear that you felt that both the park and the activities were fantastic and I am especially delighted to hear that the staff were polite and they were able to help you and your family enjoy your holiday at Southview.

I really appreciate your comments regarding the time at which the bingo takes place during the evening. The entertainment programme is created by our central support team who review guest feedback and try to create a daily entertainment programme for the whole family, so I will certainly pass your suggestion on to our support team.

Thank you once again for reviewing your stay with us and I hope to welcome you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Great setting,lakes,duck,and lawn,ground people should be proud,clubhouse to small for the number of visitors ,team staff allway seen to ignore smaller kids,could get a drink at reception where the main kids play area is,swimming pool great but changing rooms to hot,

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you found the park met your expectations.

The Lakeview Showbar was extended 2 years ago as a result of guest feedback, however with an improved entertainment programme and popular family activities, it can become very busy in the evenings. I am continually looking at future improvements as our park becomes more popular with guests and owners and I will certainly review the size and of the Showbar for future improvement.

I am disappointed to hear that you felt that the Teamstars weren’t as attentive to younger guests, I will pass the feedback on to the Entertainments manager, who I am sure will be as disappointed as I am as our Teamstars are really committed to helping our young guests have fun.

It is great that you enjoyed the swimming facilities which we have to offer and I am currently reviewing ways to improve the temperature within the changing facilities during busy periods.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Very impressed with layout and grounds , very clean and tidy, we stayed in a private van that was excellent . We spent most of our time off the park during the day returning at tea time .
We have 3 lads aged 12,14 & 16 so ventured down to the clubhouse hoping to miss the little kids shows at around 9:30pm. We could never get a seat as it was packed , the party dances seemed to go on for ever , there was a queue to get to the bar and for a pint and half and 3 Pepsi's that cost just under £13 a round . It was decent entertainment for younger kids / families but did not cater for the older kids , it would have been helpful if there was a set list of show times outside the entrance so you could make plans for your nights out.
We won't rush back as we feel it did not suit us having older kids but it's fine if you have younger ones , all the staff we met were very pleasant

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank John P
Thank you for your review and I really appreciate your feedback. It really pleases me to hear that you found the park to be clean and tidy and that your family were happy with the accommodation.

I’m sorry to hear that our Showbar and entertainment didn’t meet your expectations. We have found the entertainment programme to be really popular this year and as a result many of our guests start arriving during the early evening. Whilst it can be frustrating during very busy periods, it is something that we do our best to manage.

The prices of the drinks on the park are competitive and comparable to other similar establishments in the area, however we do have special offers from time to time for our guests to enjoy.

I am really disappointed to hear that you wouldn’t consider returning to holiday with us. We have recently launched our Xcite programme for older children and teens, this includes some more adventurous activities which are organised and led by a dedicated instructor to ensure that activities are both safe and fun. Thank you once again for reviewing your stay with us and I hope that you may consider holidaying with Park Resorts again in the future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Just returned from Monday to Friday break. Second time at Southview with the grandchildren. Slightly disappointed with the children's and evening entertainment from when we were here in 2012. Even the Grandchildren made comment. Also needed to be more bar Staff on at busier times. Site very clean, not sure the owners where we were appreciated the rentals!!! The weather was brill and we had a good time. Thank you.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Angela P
Thank you so much for reviewing your second stay with us at Southview. It always means a lot when returning guests review their stay. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your break and I am sincerely sorry to hear that your family didn’t enjoy the entertainment as much. I will pass your comments on to the Entertainments manager as we try to refresh the entertainment each season introducing new shows and activities. It is always a challenge to staff the complex during very busy periods and I will share your views with the complex manager.

I am sorry you felt that some of our owners didn’t appreciate guests holidaying with us, our holiday homes which we rent are located throughout the park apart from our owners’ exclusive area, The Belfry. We rarely experience problems between caravan owners and our guests.

Thank you again for writing your review and I hope that we can welcome you and your family back again soon.