“Nice Park Shame about entertainment complex”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skegness
Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Spent a week at this site. The entertainment lounge, arcade and pool are far too small for the complex. The Boathouse restaurant is overpriced for the meals you get. We headed out of park most days into Skegness and Ingoldmelds. Also beware if there was s heavy rain site can become flooded in the tourer area. The caravan was clean the staff were friendly. Also snooker tables were £2 for 30minutes and only 1pool table on site. The pool has a very limited capacity and at times you are having to queue. I had a pair of shoes stolen from in there.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am sorry to hear you felt that the complex and the leisure centre were too small for the park, I will certainly review future improvements to these areas as we want our guests to have a great stay with us.

In regards to prices in the Boathouse Restaurant, we review the menu prices and special offers to remain comparable with similar establishments within the local area, however I appreciate that value for money is subjective and I am sorry this was not the case for you.

Our touring area was flooded as a result of severe rainfall in a very short period of time which affected Skegness and the surrounding areas, unfortunately this was something which could not have been avoided. We do have systems in place to manage such circumstances.
I am really pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and that the accommodation met your expectations.

Our swimming pool has proven to be a very popular attraction at Southview and the lifeguard team are committed to ensuring the highest level of safety for all our guests. This requires adherence to a strict maximum bathing load within the pool, if we reach this limit then the team have to operate a queueing system.
I am really disappointed to hear that your shoes were stolen. Whilst we advise our guests that we are not responsible for the loss of personal items, we would still assist you if you chose to take the matter further. We do provide secure lockers for personal items.

Thank you again for your review.

01754 896 001

Write a ReviewReviews (1,725)

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We have just returned from a Mon to Fri break at Southview. The park is clean & the staff are friendly & helpful but the site is far too big for the facilities there.
The club was too small for everyone to enjoy the shows & the tables were very close together......they even took tables away on the Thursday evening for the pirates show which made it worse ! There were far too many people in the club for the pirates show, tables & chairs all over & people stood around & everyone getting annoyed by people stood in front of them.
The pool was nice but once again there were too many people ! The attendants had to take names & you had to wait until someone went out before you were allowed in. The changing rooms were far too hot & quite a few of the lockers didn't lock.
The site is a bit too far away from the beach which was a bit further from the 5mins away as advertised on the website.
We made the most of it but we don't think we will be returning .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Southview. I am really saddened to hear of your disappointment with the facilities. We have experienced a very busy summer period this year with many guests choosing to enjoy our excellent entertainment programme in the Lakeview Showbar, which has lead to our showbar being very busy on most evenings.

I am so sorry to hear that you weren’t able to enjoy the Pirate Show which has proven to be so popular during your stay. Due to the dance moves and acrobatics within the performance, and for the health and safety of our guests, we needed to create a more suitable performing space. We also removed the tables to create a more theatrical audience layout to allow more people to enjoy the show.

I am really pleased to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful and that the park was clean during your stay.
The swimming pool becomes very desirable for guests and whilst we would love to let everyone use it at once, the lifeguard team have to work to strict safety guidelines which involve keeping the pool headcount within an agreed bathing load. I am sorry that this impacted your experience with us.

The sports and leisure manager has recently conducted a full audit of all lockers within the changing rooms, and all lockers are fully operational.

I am once again sincerely sorry that we were unable to meet your holiday expectations.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Park definitely not got enough to do for the size of the park! its just a basic site there is entertainment at night which isn't really that good in my opinion( we had to just stay in caravan and play cards ) and nothing during the day, sites prices are over priced, only pool, small restaurant, small arcade and small eating place in the entertainment lounge. Town wasn't to far from the park though you would need to go by car or bus! town is really good lots to do, AND you should definitely visit ingoldmells place has plenty to do visit or get a caravan there got the theme park, the markets, eating places, arcades loads to do.

One good thing about the park is its beautiful its well maintained.and has many water fountain and wee ponds and they all have loads of ducks which live in them and the caravan was spotless and beautiful was so homely and staff were very friendly

i will defentily be sticking to Haven! will not return to a park resorts! we still had a great holiday because of everything outside the park

Room Tip: gold plus quote you want caravan beside ponds
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for writing a review of your stay at Southview. I am really sorry to hear that you found the park small, basic and overpriced. I am especially saddened to hear that you didn’t like the entertainment which has proven to be very popular this season, usually leaving our guests raving about their experiences.

The park has undergone some extensions over the past 3 years which has seen the showbar, swimming pool, park shop and arcade grow in size considerably.
I am really pleased that you found the park, your accommodation and the ornamental ponds with our ducks to be beautiful. I am especially pleased to hear that you found the staff to be friendly.

Once again I am sorry that the park didn’t meet your holiday needs and I hope that you may reconsider your decision and visit Park Resorts again in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have just brought a 20 year old campervan and I booked to stay at the Skegness camp on the 4th august 2014 for 4 nights and I can say that I found all the staff very friendly and very helpful the site was kept very clean and tidy and the other holiday makers on the site where just as friendly

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the park to be clean and tidy.

I am especially pleased to hear your comment regarding the staff, who are so committed to creating amazing memories for all of our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and I hope to welcome you and your camper van back again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed for a few days at the beginning of August with my son and family. Site is well cared for and clean, the pool is ok. Didn't go into the club while there but my son and family did and said it was very overpriced. They also ate in the cafe which was also expensive. They had a pizza which was a frozen chigago town one for an extortionate price. For a supposedly 5* site the facilities are quite poor, a children's play area, football pitch, small pool for the size of the site and a couple of ponds. We headed out to Ingomells, Chapel St Leonards and Skegness and had lovely days out there. The caravan was ok but nothing special, also had to pay an extra £52 for entertainment passes which just were not worth the money. You live and learn. Wouldn't stay on this site again, just not worth the money paid.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LynneC2007

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am really sorry to hear of your disappointment with the facilities and the prices for our food outlets on the park.
I can assure you that all of our menu prices are comparable to other similar establishments in the area, however I appreciate that they may appear to be costly for some guests as feelings around value for money are subjective. The pizzas we offer are Chicago Town pizzas, which are high quality and prepared at our guests’ convenience, I am sorry if you felt they were overpriced.

I am really disappointed to hear that you felt the entertainment passes were not worth the money, as they provide families with access to a host of leisure and entertainment activities. This includes unlimited use by your family of the swimming pool with water slide, gym and sauna as well as the opportunity to enjoy a wide variety of quality family activities throughout the daytime and evening. These include;

Madness ‘n’ Mayhem - a game show for the whole family.
Sparky’s Krew Club - early evening fun and games for children.
Teamstar Productions - great shows created by our expert entertainment team, performed for your family to enjoy.

Also, we regularly have many popular and well known visiting acts that perform in our show bar for our guests to enjoy.

All of our programme information is available in the welcome packs issued with the passes as there is so much more we offer. I appreciate that entertainment is subjective and I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations.

Thank you again for reviewing your stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

But had a few days with family then booked for our holiday it in June.Nothing was too much trouble the staff very friendly very clean excellant value wether you want to chill or get involved always something to do. Caravans were great got the bug now. The price we paid is great value and no queue at the airports then been disapointed at the over end. Go and relax and come home relaxed

• Stayed: June 2014
Park R, General Manager at Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you so much for writing such a great review. I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and you felt your holiday was excellent value for money.
I am especially pleased to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and that you all managed to have a really relaxing time.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Spent mon to fri at southview from 28/7 to 1/8 was quite happy with our caravan and the site but was wondering what the improvements were to the pool . The changing room was disgusting they know people take babies on holiday and need room for buggies and somewhere to sit them but no room for buggies and no where to sit them while you got changed. My daughter and i struggled with the babies and got mucky looks and rude remarks about her buggy being in the way. When locking locker it didnt lock but took my money went to reception where the lady was quite rude about the fact she knows that locker works as she had already put wd40 on it already that morning. Went to the pool again later in the week and i had forgotten something so nipped back to get it but they wouldnt let me in the pool as it was full even though i explained my daughter was on her own with 2 babies had to wait on a list for 20 mins to get in.
Overall we had a good holiday walked into Skegness twice and went to the fairy dell instead of suffering the pool on site wont be going to southview again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank for your review. I’m really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Skegness and that you liked both the caravan and the holiday park.

I am really disappointed that our improvements to the swimming pool area were not noticed. In 2013 there was a considerable extension to the pool area as well as the addition of a large water flume, which has proven to be very popular with both children and adults. I am sorry to hear that the changing facilities proved to be difficult for you and your family, I am currently reviewing future improvement opportunities for the changing rooms as a result of the feedback provided by our guests. I can appreciate the frustration you felt when you were asked to wait on your second visit, unfortunately we have to operate to strict bathing loads within the pool and the headcount is monitored throughout the day to ensure the safety of our guests.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope that I can welcome you and your family back to Southview in the future.