Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$95
  • Beachfront
The Sun Hotel(Skegness)
US$119
US$111
US$98
  • Breakfast included
The Crown Hotel(Skegness)(Great Value!)
The Bell Hotel(Skegness)
US$67
Agoda.com
US$126
1,757 results
All reviewsbronze caravanswimming poolon siteteam starsboat houseboathouse restaurantplatinum caravansilver plus caravanentertainment complexsouth viewsun holidaywater featurescentral heatingcaravan holidayon arrivalentertainment staffkids entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Where was the entertainment? A big disappointment, nothing for my nine year old to do. Six of the kids activities were cancelled and the night time shows were of poor quality. It had very few facilities all of which were too small for a park of it's size, and unless you are a athlete it would be a nightmare as you have to walk miles to get anywhere. A waste of a weeks holiday and money. Would never go there again, even if it was free.

1  Thank Surria K
Park R, General Manager at Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for your review. I am really sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us and that you felt that the park was a disappointment for you. I will pass on your feedback to both the Entertainments manager and the sports and leisure manager regarding your opinions on the quality of entertainment and the cancelled activities.

Unfortunately some activities rely on both the appropriate weather conditions and a number of attendees for that activity. The recent severe weather conditions have impacted the ability to run some outdoor activities, however we did arrange alternative activities where we were able to. I am really saddened to hear that you found the evening entertainment to be of poor quality, we have received such positive reviews this year for both the Teamstars' productions and for the popular touring acts. However I appreciate that entertainment is subjective and I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to review your break.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Just got back from a week away from South view. Normally go to Yarmouth area but decided to go up the coast a bit, but was it worth it. No. The complex is mainly suited for owners than your usual holiday season travelers. The caravan it self was excellent, but location on park was far too away from everything.Everything on site was far too small for the amount of people there. The Boathouse restaurant was clean, friendly staff and food quality good.The show bar far too small for the amount of people but the shows put on by the staff was good light hearted fun.Bar prices were not exceeding high, just the queuing.The park itself is lovely and clean and well maintained.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent break at Southview Leisure Park, I am really sorry to hear that you didn’t find the decision to visit us worth it. I am particularly saddened to hear that you felt that the complex was more suited to caravan owners than holiday guests.
Our programme of entertainment and our facilities are created and maintained for all our guests to enjoy regardless of caravan ownership on the holiday park, after all everyone is here for the same reason, to holiday and have a great time.

I am delighted to hear that your caravan was excellent. I am disappointed to hear that you felt the location of the caravan was too far away from everything. Southview is a set in over 180 acres of land, which are beautifully landscaped and maintained for our guests to be able to have both the fun of a high energy holiday park and a relaxing peaceful retreat in one place.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your meal at The Boathouse Restaurant and I will pass on your comments to the complex manager. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the entertainment programme. I am continually reviewing improvement opportunities and I appreciate your comments especially regarding the size of the Showbar.

Thank you again for your review and I hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Spent a week at this site. The entertainment lounge, arcade and pool are far too small for the complex. The Boathouse restaurant is overpriced for the meals you get. We headed out of park most days into Skegness and Ingoldmelds. Also beware if there was s heavy rain site can become flooded in the tourer area. The caravan was clean the staff were friendly. Also snooker tables were £2 for 30minutes and only 1pool table on site. The pool has a very limited capacity and at times you are having to queue. I had a pair of shoes stolen from in there.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am sorry to hear you felt that the complex and the leisure centre were too small for the park, I will certainly review future improvements to these areas as we want our guests to have a great stay with us.

In regards to prices in the Boathouse Restaurant, we review the menu prices and special offers to remain comparable with similar establishments within the local area, however I appreciate that value for money is subjective and I am sorry this was not the case for you.

Our touring area was flooded as a result of severe rainfall in a very short period of time which affected Skegness and the surrounding areas, unfortunately this was something which could not have been avoided. We do have systems in place to manage such circumstances.
I am really pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and that the accommodation met your expectations.

Our swimming pool has proven to be a very popular attraction at Southview and the lifeguard team are committed to ensuring the highest level of safety for all our guests. This requires adherence to a strict maximum bathing load within the pool, if we reach this limit then the team have to operate a queueing system.
I am really disappointed to hear that your shoes were stolen. Whilst we advise our guests that we are not responsible for the loss of personal items, we would still assist you if you chose to take the matter further. We do provide secure lockers for personal items.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We have just returned from a Mon to Fri break at Southview. The park is clean & the staff are friendly & helpful but the site is far too big for the facilities there.
The club was too small for everyone to enjoy the shows & the tables were very close together......they even took tables away on the Thursday evening for the pirates show which made it worse ! There were far too many people in the club for the pirates show, tables & chairs all over & people stood around & everyone getting annoyed by people stood in front of them.
The pool was nice but once again there were too many people ! The attendants had to take names & you had to wait until someone went out before you were allowed in. The changing rooms were far too hot & quite a few of the lockers didn't lock.
The site is a bit too far away from the beach which was a bit further from the 5mins away as advertised on the website.
We made the most of it but we don't think we will be returning .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Southview. I am really saddened to hear of your disappointment with the facilities. We have experienced a very busy summer period this year with many guests choosing to enjoy our excellent entertainment programme in the Lakeview Showbar, which has lead to our showbar being very busy on most evenings.

I am so sorry to hear that you weren’t able to enjoy the Pirate Show which has proven to be so popular during your stay. Due to the dance moves and acrobatics within the performance, and for the health and safety of our guests, we needed to create a more suitable performing space. We also removed the tables to create a more theatrical audience layout to allow more people to enjoy the show.

I am really pleased to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful and that the park was clean during your stay.
The swimming pool becomes very desirable for guests and whilst we would love to let everyone use it at once, the lifeguard team have to work to strict safety guidelines which involve keeping the pool headcount within an agreed bathing load. I am sorry that this impacted your experience with us.

The sports and leisure manager has recently conducted a full audit of all lockers within the changing rooms, and all lockers are fully operational.

I am once again sincerely sorry that we were unable to meet your holiday expectations.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Park definitely not got enough to do for the size of the park! its just a basic site there is entertainment at night which isn't really that good in my opinion( we had to just stay in caravan and play cards ) and nothing during the day, sites prices are over priced, only pool, small restaurant, small arcade and small eating place in the entertainment lounge. Town wasn't to far from the park though you would need to go by car or bus! town is really good lots to do, AND you should definitely visit ingoldmells place has plenty to do visit or get a caravan there got the theme park, the markets, eating places, arcades loads to do.

One good thing about the park is its beautiful its well maintained.and has many water fountain and wee ponds and they all have loads of ducks which live in them and the caravan was spotless and beautiful was so homely and staff were very friendly

i will defentily be sticking to Haven! will not return to a park resorts! we still had a great holiday because of everything outside the park

Room Tip: gold plus quote you want caravan beside ponds
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for writing a review of your stay at Southview. I am really sorry to hear that you found the park small, basic and overpriced. I am especially saddened to hear that you didn’t like the entertainment which has proven to be very popular this season, usually leaving our guests raving about their experiences.

The park has undergone some extensions over the past 3 years which has seen the showbar, swimming pool, park shop and arcade grow in size considerably.
I am really pleased that you found the park, your accommodation and the ornamental ponds with our ducks to be beautiful. I am especially pleased to hear that you found the staff to be friendly.

Once again I am sorry that the park didn’t meet your holiday needs and I hope that you may reconsider your decision and visit Park Resorts again in the future.