“caravan holiday at southview”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skegness
Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts
Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
“caravan holiday at southview”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

First impressions,The park was very clean and tidy. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Came on site with such high expectations. The caravan we were put in was below average for cleanliness, we had to go out and buy cleaning products to mop the floor before we had even unpacked, the fridge door came off, hubby had to fix, laminate on table was was peeling off and kids kept catching themselves on it, cutlery was filthy, had to scrub it clean before use, loose cupboard door, need i say more, do not think we were put in accommodation requested. Not very happy, went off site most days, beach was not as close as stated. We won't be back.

4 Thank Mary M
Park R, General Manager at Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your review. I am really sorry to hear about your recent experience here at Southview. As you can see from many of our reviews, we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of both the park and the accommodation. I will certainly pass on your feedback to the accommodation manager regarding your caravan as it a rarity to receive such negative feedback.
We encourage our guests to inform the reception team of any problems that they encounter as soon as possible so that we can resolve them for you without impacting the holiday experience.

Once again I am sorry that you felt unhappy with your experience, and appreciate the time you have taken to write your review.

01754 896 001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The best looking site I've seen,well maintained & litter free.Booked a Silver Plus caravan but found ourselves in a Gold Plus :)
Small,quite private area if the park amongst Private Owner caravans. Short walk to the Leisure Centre & shop,typical small essentials & souvenir type shop.Pool seemed quite small for large site.
Entertainment centre seemed a bit on the small side too. Tried the childrens entertainment one evening,my 5 & 3yr olds werent impressed.
Despite the blurb,it certainly wouldnt be a 5 minute walk to the beach,more like 20 !
Buses run into the site regularly though.
All in all,a lovely park with friendly staff. Beautifully maintained gardens and lakes,all the usual shop,launderette etc
Caravan we had was home from home,(central heating,double glazing,2 ensuites & 2 tvs,dvds),recommended but wouldnt rely on the childrens entertainment.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank kerryt88
Thank you for your review and I am really pleased that you and your family were able to enjoy your accommodation and the location on the park.

I am in the process of reviewing future improvements to the park and your comments regarding the size of the complex and the swimming pool are very well received. I am sorry that your children found the entertainment unimpressive, we have received such great feedback about the introduction of Pip Squeak’s Mouse House, Sparkle’s Ballet, Sparky’s Street Dance, Arty Sparks, Giant Garden Games and many more daytime activities. The early evenings have also proved to be a hit with the 5 year-olds and under, with Sparky’s Krew Club between 6.15pm and 7pm.

I agree that it is more a 5-10 minute drive to the beach and I will feed this back to the website team. I am really delighted to hear that overall you had a great time and that the caravan felt like a home from home, I am particularly pleased to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and the park to be lovely.

Thank you again for the review and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Site under water on arrival ruined part of my awning equipment raw sewerage all over the Turing sit for three days of holiday not good club house to small no entertainment for adults and to late at night drainage at pitch very bad needs to be sorted out promptly it was discussing I will be contact acting head office with complant

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Dennisbro123
Thank you for your review. I am sincerely sorry for the holiday experience you have recently had. Unfortunately the whole of the North East of England suffered unusually high amounts of rainfall prior to your stay. This impacted Skegness and the surrounding area particularly badly, causing flash flooding in many areas including Southview Leisure Park. The park does have sufficient drainage to manage the normal water usage in and around the park, however the heavy rainfall was particularly abnormal and this impacted the speed in which the water levels could be disbursed into our main system. This impacted the majority of campsites and residents in and around the area.
Our professional maintenance team, which includes plumbing experts, worked tirelessly to reduce water levels where possible. The reception team also tried to advise as many guests as possible prior to their arrival.

We did cordon off part of the touring area due to the risk of sewage rising, however this was a precautionary measure and there were no reported instances of exposure to raw sewage. However, we encourage our guests to make the reception team aware of any such instances so that we can investigate and take the appropriate action.

Please feel free to contact the park directly on 01754 896 001 with any further complaint. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

Cleethorpes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

First impressions,The park was very clean and tidy. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Came on site with such high expectations.(as specially as a member of the park team had rang us prior to us arriving & told us we were in for a treat) The accommodation was great. That is it ! Entertainment not up to much, restaurant over priced same with shop. Pool very small for number of people on site, same with bar. Not very happy, went off site most days.

1 Thank Richard1502
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, and I am really sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the holiday. I will certainly pass your comments on to the Entertainments manager and the complex manager who I am sure will be as equally disappointed.

I am pleased that the accommodation met your needs and that you found the team to be helpful and friendly. Whilst our entertainment programme has proven to be very popular this season I appreciate that everyone has different expectations.

I am continually reviewing future improvements, such as the substantial renovation to our Boathouse Restaurant which we have agreed based on guest and owner feedback. I am sorry that you found the restaurant to be expensive, our prices are regularly checked and remain comparable to other similar establishments in the area.

I am sincerely sorry that you were not very happy, but I really appreciate your review.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Where was the entertainment? A big disappointment, nothing for my nine year old to do. Six of the kids activities were cancelled and the night time shows were of poor quality. It had very few facilities all of which were too small for a park of it's size, and unless you are a athlete it would be a nightmare as you have to walk miles to get anywhere. A waste of a weeks holiday and money. Would never go there again, even if it was free.

1 Thank Surria K
Thank you for your review. I am really sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us and that you felt that the park was a disappointment for you. I will pass on your feedback to both the Entertainments manager and the sports and leisure manager regarding your opinions on the quality of entertainment and the cancelled activities.

Unfortunately some activities rely on both the appropriate weather conditions and a number of attendees for that activity. The recent severe weather conditions have impacted the ability to run some outdoor activities, however we did arrange alternative activities where we were able to. I am really saddened to hear that you found the evening entertainment to be of poor quality, we have received such positive reviews this year for both the Teamstars' productions and for the popular touring acts. However I appreciate that entertainment is subjective and I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to review your break.

luton
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Just got back from a week away from South view. Normally go to Yarmouth area but decided to go up the coast a bit, but was it worth it. No. The complex is mainly suited for owners than your usual holiday season travelers. The caravan it self was excellent, but location on park was far too away from everything.Everything on site was far too small for the amount of people there. The Boathouse restaurant was clean, friendly staff and food quality good.The show bar far too small for the amount of people but the shows put on by the staff was good light hearted fun.Bar prices were not exceeding high, just the queuing.The park itself is lovely and clean and well maintained.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent break at Southview Leisure Park, I am really sorry to hear that you didn’t find the decision to visit us worth it. I am particularly saddened to hear that you felt that the complex was more suited to caravan owners than holiday guests.
Our programme of entertainment and our facilities are created and maintained for all our guests to enjoy regardless of caravan ownership on the holiday park, after all everyone is here for the same reason, to holiday and have a great time.

I am delighted to hear that your caravan was excellent. I am disappointed to hear that you felt the location of the caravan was too far away from everything. Southview is a set in over 180 acres of land, which are beautifully landscaped and maintained for our guests to be able to have both the fun of a high energy holiday park and a relaxing peaceful retreat in one place.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your meal at The Boathouse Restaurant and I will pass on your comments to the complex manager. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the entertainment programme. I am continually reviewing improvement opportunities and I appreciate your comments especially regarding the size of the Showbar.

Thank you again for your review and I hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Spent a week at this site. The entertainment lounge, arcade and pool are far too small for the complex. The Boathouse restaurant is overpriced for the meals you get. We headed out of park most days into Skegness and Ingoldmelds. Also beware if there was s heavy rain site can become flooded in the tourer area. The caravan was clean the staff were friendly. Also snooker tables were £2 for 30minutes and only 1pool table on site. The pool has a very limited capacity and at times you are having to queue. I had a pair of shoes stolen from in there.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Southview Leisure Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am sorry to hear you felt that the complex and the leisure centre were too small for the park, I will certainly review future improvements to these areas as we want our guests to have a great stay with us.

In regards to prices in the Boathouse Restaurant, we review the menu prices and special offers to remain comparable with similar establishments within the local area, however I appreciate that value for money is subjective and I am sorry this was not the case for you.

Our touring area was flooded as a result of severe rainfall in a very short period of time which affected Skegness and the surrounding areas, unfortunately this was something which could not have been avoided. We do have systems in place to manage such circumstances.
I am really pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and that the accommodation met your expectations.

Our swimming pool has proven to be a very popular attraction at Southview and the lifeguard team are committed to ensuring the highest level of safety for all our guests. This requires adherence to a strict maximum bathing load within the pool, if we reach this limit then the team have to operate a queueing system.
I am really disappointed to hear that your shoes were stolen. Whilst we advise our guests that we are not responsible for the loss of personal items, we would still assist you if you chose to take the matter further. We do provide secure lockers for personal items.

Thank you again for your review.