“New Years Eve.”
Review of Greystones Hotel

Greystones Hotel
Ranked #38 of 92 Skegness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Myself and my partner stayed 1 night at the Greystones (New Years Eve) as a last minute idea. It had a central location, on the sea front and round the corner from the bars. The staff were friendly enough but on arrival we was not shown to our room and they advised us that we needed to run the water for a few minutes for the shower to warm up and that the radiator was on intermittent throughout the day and on all night. We had room 10, which was located on the top floor, at the back. It was freezing, the radiator was not working correctly and the shower had to run for 10 minutes for it to warm up, then the water trickled out.
The hotel is in need of decoration and the full English breakfast is quite small. We would not visit this hotel again, but it was ok for the 1 night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 August 2013

just got back from a weekend away with my partner,auntie and uncle when we arrived at the hotel we was welcomed by the friendly owners,got into my room my first though was wow nice clean rooms so much better than last years hotel. Food was average but nice the only problem i had was during the end of my weekend break which was when we was too ask the owners if we was ok too leave our luggage in their hotel for the day (because we had too leave the room at 10.30 and didnt get picked up until 5pm) we explained this too the owner along with that my suitcase was btoke as a wheel had fell off and i didnt want too lug it around allday and the response we got was 'well we wanted too go out tomorrow' not too me that isnt very good customer service guests should always come first after alll you are running a B&B. just the fact that we didnt get the choice too leave our luggage with them got me really frustrated and annoyed we had paid too stay in there hotel and was planning on booking again but we found them very unhelpful at this point,wasnt very professional if you ask me making your guests carry suitcases and heavy bags for hours. my second problem was when upon leaving the greystones hotel we wasnt seen too no one was around (like most of our weekend no one was around other guests agreed) they didnt see us out take our keys or anything. i also heard a woman say that they had also not seen them and did not get told when breakfast was which by then they had missed out onit at 9am 45mins for a breakfast isnt long enough 8,15-9am what sort of a time is that? we wont be booking again and found them very unhelpful was not pleased one bit with the service towards the end of my holiday. in my opinion if you cant please your guests why are you running a B&B?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

arrived early , not a problem , room with seaview , small but clean friendly , breakfast was ok , location was fab, close to everthing,what more could you want. The weather was dry and warm on the friday night but a bit chilly on the sat.parking can be a problem if you dont get there early.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Myself and my Girlfriend booked Greystones Hotel via their website which was very easy to use and convenient. When we arrived at the Hotel we was delighted to find it was nicely located close to everything, we was welcomed into the hotel by a very chatty friendly young lady who give us our keys and told us we had room 8 up at the top of the hotel with seafront views. Me and my Girlfriend got to our room and was delighted how nice our room was, it was a small bedroom with a double bed but it was cozy and very clean indeed. The bathroom was really nice aswell as modern nicely tiled too. Our view from the bedroom was just fantastic you could see loads of attractions from the window and also of the sea too. The room was well equipped, plenty of sugar, tea, coffee, milk so we could have a brew which came in handy. We stayed here 3 nights, the first morning we had breakfast we went down to the basement lounge and dining area right at the bottom of the hotel, we had a nicely cooked breakfast on our first and second night, However third morning breakfast we was a let down I think the food must of been re-warmed as it tasted disgusting! as me and my girlfriend was the only one having breakfast Monday morning, so maybe I reckon they re-heated the food to cut down costs. other downfall to this hotel the power of the hot water supply to our bathroom shower and hot tap was very weak, took age's to warm up and wasn't very powerful at all. However me and my girlfriend enjoyed our 3 night stay here, its cozy and well situated on the seafront.

Room Tip: Room 8 is a nice small cozy room, with fantastic views of the seafront.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NorthernExplorerHere
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Stayed in Greystones for one night for a family christening on 11/05/13 with my partner. When arriving parking was a little difficult as the hotel only has places for about 3-4 cars, however across the road is free from 5pm - 9am. The staff were lovely and very helpful when we arrived, we were in room 8 on the top floor with a sea view. The room was of a nice size with a double bed, TV and tea/coffee making facilities, the bathroom was a little small but the shower was of a nice size (did take a little while to warm up). Breakfast was between half past 8 and quarter past nine, the food was basic but nice, there was the offer of cereal or a cooked breakfast with a tray of toast to share. All in all had a nice night and would stay again. (The crazy golf straight across the road is also good and would be great for children and adults we had a blast)

Room Tip: Sea view can be a little loud at night (we stayed a saturday) with people drinking.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie B
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed the night so we could take our son to the beach.clean and welcoming hotel.room 11 is big with loads of space for us and a travel cot.Great view to as the hotel is located a few yards from the clock tower.You get loads of tea,sugar,milk and coffe in your room.Breakfast was filling and very nice.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank antnbec
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed over the Easter break and was not disappointed.
The clocks changed while we were there but to save anyone losing out the breakfast was served an hour later. Very thoughtful.
We were also left a creme egg each in the room which was very nice of them.
Breakfast was very good and more toast was offered as well..
Everywhere we seen was very clean.
All the staff we spoke to were very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple