Looking at some reviews on here it goes confuse me as this is a budget B&B at only £20ppn, one of the cheapest l have found.
Me and my OH went away for 3 nights on a budget and was very pleased with Merrydale.
The people are lovely and it is a place which is made to feel a lot like home.
Although this is a great place there are a few things l think should be included.
We were in a big room after asking for an en-suite but a few things are
1. There is a window near the shower with no blind or frosted out window. This mean't people could see you in the shower so we had to put a towel over the shower, this solved the problem but you couldn't stand in a certain place if you didn't want the chance of being seen!
2. Soap wasn't provided which l felt is as important towels.
3. The bed wasn't really that comfortable if on your side
4. It isn't modern and something's do need do need updating. I felt just little things could make stuff better. For example a quick paint over on some walls.
5. The internet was difficult to get for us as we were on 3rd floor but there is nothing Merrydale can do.
1. Lovely lady owner
2. Breakfast is great and included in the money
3. Great location
4. Breakfast is at a reasonable time (9am) and it seemed you could ask for it earlier
5. Bed made and new towels etc (l think this is great for the price a night)
6. Everything is clean
7. There was room in here for a possible cot
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Merrydale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.