“I will not be staying at The Woodthorpe”
Review of Woodthorpe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skegness
Woodthorpe
Ranked #46 of 93 Skegness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I met up with my mother upon her arrival in Skegness who was staying at this guesthouse for one night, in order to help her with her bags etc. up to her room. The landlady's manner was quite abrupt and explained that it is a guesthouse, not a hotel, it was her home, and that people's guests were not allowed on to the premises. I explained that I only wanted to visit for 5/10 minutes but then she ordered us outside saying she felt uncomfortable. I felt offended at this. I understand that this is her home, but i feel that some flexibility is needed in order to portray a more homely and friendly atmosphere.
I visit Skegness a lot and enjoy trying out different hotels, but this is one that I shall not stay in unfortunately due to the negative manner of the landlady.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DerbyshireLorna
There are newer reviews for Woodthorpe

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Just had a one night stay in the Woodthorpe. I arrived at the time I said, laden with a lot of heavy bags. My daughters had arrived with me to help carry my bags to my room. The landlady said 'AND ALL THESE PEOPLE?????' .I explained that my daughter's were here to help with my luggage. There were two more guests behind me, who then went upstairs. I was abruptly informed by the landlady that it was her home, her rules, and nobody is allowed on the premises unless staying at the Woodthorpe. This is fair enough, but she then ordered them out, saying "i don't feel comfortable, please leave"She then showed me to my room, on the third floor, with no help with all my luggage. She explained the basics, like keep the noise down etc., then explained that if i lost my key, i would have to pay a very hefty fine.
Overall, I felt very uncomfortable, and this spoilt what was otherwise a great trip.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank julieDerbyshire
Reviewed 18 July 2013

just spent 3 nights at the woodthorpe,if you want a place to stay where you can feel comforble and at ease with no worries come and stay at the woodthorpe ,amanda the landlady made us very welcome and nothing was too much trouble and you wont get a better breakfast anywhere all the trimmings ,set us up for the day.rooms are spotless, wont look any where else to stay.thanks amanda for making our holiday guesthouse near the sea front across the road from the bowling green,nice and quiet at night time :) :) :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great location near everything but at the quieter end of the parade, friendly landlady and a sea view that also looks over the bowling green which is a very pleasant outlook , what more could you want from a good value B&B?

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alisonjgar
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The location is fantastic, we had a nice sea view room and its literally a minutes walk from the main shops/pubs/amusements. Our room was spacious, had plenty of tea and coffee, milk etc. The room was nice and warm.
We didn't opt for breakfast so cant comment on that.
The owner was friendly and helpful and not patronising or strange as I've read in other reviews on here and on Booking.com where we booked. She welcomed us with a smile, explained the basics and kindly showed us to our room and we got a friendly goodbye in the morning. Thankyou!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samfa1984
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We went for two nights april 4 to apr 6 costs 60pound per night nice landlady friendly dident sea much off her .we had a top hotel room overlooking the bowling green and see not far from the centre .plenty of coffee and tea making cosy nice bed .the only bad things i would say is the draughty window and bad carparking not much room around the back it its for sale if u have got 299 thousand bargain

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I stayed here with my son in summer last year. We booked for three nights and booked for another night when we arrived. I am only writing this now as i have looked at the reviews and dont like what is being said. Amanda was the perfect host. Really chatty and friendly. Room was really clean and it was cleaned daily. Amanda was so nice she saw my son took a liking to her dog oscar and even let him take the dog for a walk. He was happy to play with the dog in the hotel too. Amanda did not mind at all. Now that to me is not someone that is 'odd'. she works very hard and gives 110% to her customers. Will definately ve going back this year and cant wait.

• Stayed: August 2012