“FAMILY FAVOURITE !!!”

yorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FAMILY FAVOURITE !!!”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The kids love Butlins and this has been our best break there to date. I don't know what staff/management changes have taken place but ALL the staff we encountered were SO happy, helpful and cheerful. They haven't been awful before but somehow this time everyone seemed to be so helpful. We usually eat in the Yahct club but were allocated the Coast this time and we will not go anywhere else now - it was fab !!! the staff were so friendly, from those clearing tables to the Manager. The kids play area is a real bonus too. The food choices were brill and as its all you can eat definately value for money. The choices were fab too and all cooked very well - presentation was excellent. Lots of healthy eating choices (and calories laden ones too !) and what looked like a good vegetarian section also. Really nice !!!

We stayed in silver accomodation which seemed tired. You could tell from the lime green painted bedrooms that it had recently been decorated but the painter had left paint all over - floor, windows even down the loo ! Was hole in kitchen work top and massive iron mark in carpet. Just tired but the resort was full and when we contacted Guest services regards the sheets being dirty were changed within an hour so overall not so bad. It was clean - just tired !

The staff made the holiday !

1 Thank kerYorkshire

London, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Lost the Fun & Friendly Charm”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

A weekend at Butlins was to be a trip with a bit of seaside fun and charm - but the resort overall looked tired and in need of some maintenance. Gold standard accommodation was ok - but not sure what standard accommodation would have looked like? We had a good break despite the wet weather, but that mainly consisted of eating outside the resort after visiting the Sun & Moon Pub on our first night. The service was poor and some of the food arrived late and cold. The prices were not cheap either - and a much better meal in Skegness was a fraction of the price. We expected the resort to be busy at it was school holidays - no issues there but getting a seat in any of the entertainment venues proved very difficult. If you have kids this could be a very expensive holiday - especially if the good old British weather is not at its finest. We were a bit disappointed overall - a lack of the usual friendly redcoats was obvious who all congregated together most of the time and the service in general was not what we expected it would be. Sad - considering I have so many happy childhood memories of what was once a fun and magical place!

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Mainly good for the kids”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Booked gold apartment self catering, which was small but very modern and clean. The only issue I had with the apartment was the sinks. Would have been more practical with mixer taps instead of two separate taps ( one for hot the other for cold) the water was either too hot or too cold so imagine every time you tried to wash your hands you would have to put the plug in every time for warm water! Also same for the kitchen sink! Also you would be better with the top floor as every time some one staying at the same apartment as you comes back late at night you will hear them speaking, running, screaming, walking across your front door as you are sleeping in the two rooms facing the corridor and all the doors slamming from next door too! The food was also distinctively average... Plus the pool closes too early.. 5 pm. Restaurants also close very early.. 7 pm so imagine every one trying to fight for a table at the same time. We only ate in papa johns inside the resort once, for the three remaining nights we ate out of the resort. Can't rush me in to eating by 7 pm! Kids didn't get to do very much outdoor activities because it rained for three days when we was there and we only stayed for 4 nights. The amusements kept them busy but was a waste of money. Outside had alot more rides than the Bognor Regis resort. Would go again but only for the kids sake!

“Not what we thought”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Hi we stayed at Butlins touring caravan park for 1 week up untill Easter Sunday. I was expecting a lot more for my 4 year old son to do on the touring park ie.some swings or a slide or sand pit etc.
It was difficult to find out what was on in the resort as they were permanently out of entertainment guides. The food was ok and a bit on the dear side. The splash water was good changing room could be cleaner. The entertainment in the Skyline was ok for my son Bob the Builder, Thomas The Tank Etc. My real gripe would be the overall cleanliness especially the toilets they smell quite badly. Also if you want to see an evening show be prepared to Queue! But overall ok with a good variety but alot of activties had to be paid for. Won't be going again.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Butlins”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I Have been going to Butlins for 5 years, my two year old nephew vomited while there on our second night of a five night break, went to guest services to request a clean sheet, and were told we could not continue our holiday and had to leave immediately, Butlins is a holiday resort for children they have lots of food, sweets, activities going on lots of children may vomit through over indulging the manager quoted to me 'norovirus' don't know when she became a health professional I am totally appalled at the way we were treated if Id have said he had wet the bed I could of had clean sheets, BUT NO I was honest and told the truth......Anyone taking a break at Butlins I advise you not to be honest as it gets you nowhere and this ruined the holiday for 10 people on our holiday, the kids were distraught to say the least.

3 Thank cathyholman