“Well run,clean guesthouse in ideal central location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Belle View

and 1 more site!
Belle View
Ranked #38 of 97 Skegness B&B and Inns
Peterborough, England
“Well run,clean guesthouse in ideal central location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed here just for one night in July when we had a couple of days off work and we were delighted with our stay.
The guesthouse is situated right in the heart of Skegness right near the famous Clock Tower and opposite the crazy golf courses. Inside and out were immaculately kept. Our room was bright,freshly decorated and airy. We had the front downstairs bedroom looking out onto happy holidaymakers going about their business which was a really nice feeling. So many times guesthouses are advertised as having nice views and then give you a view of an alley or their back yard so this was a really nice change.
We could drop our bags off immediately and then leave them there the next day until we were ready to go home again. This was no trouble to the owners.
Lovely and convenient if youre heading to the lovely Skegness.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Last week I booked into this lovely hotel for two nights in the week (Tuesday-Thursday). It was right in the prime location of a seaside town I first fell in love with twenty years ago. For those who know the area, the Belle View is situated a few yards away from the Clock Tower, meaning that not only did it take less than five minutes to walk from the station to the hotel, but I was within seconds of everything I needed! On arrival, I received a very warm welcome and was shown to my room on the top floor (I had requested the best view possible) and the owner insisted on carrying my huge suitcase up the stairs for me. She showed me my room - room number 12 - which was a double room with en suite and a sea view. The room was basic but everything I had hoped for - the bed was a double and comfortable to sleep in, the en suite consisted of a shower (which I was instructed how to us) and a toilet (the sink was located in the actual bedroom but I didn't mind that at all), and there was a reasonable wardrobe with hangers inside, drawers, a dressing table, mirror, two bedside tables with drawers and lamps, a fan, a lovely TV and a kettle already filled withwater which was a nice touch. There was also a light switch over the bed so I could get comfortable then turn off the light rather than dash for the bed in the dark and hit the deck. The view was gorgeous and allowed me to see the sea, the crazy golf course, the clock tower and the gardens - it might sound a bit busy for a view but I'm a people-watcher and watching the world go by suited me fine. It also meant I could watch the sunrise from my room (there was a chair by the window) which would have been amazing if it hadn't been a bit misty but that's just mother nature.
During my stay I was able to explore the shops which were moments away and I could happily take my day's shopping back to the hotel before heading out for an evening stroll along the beach and a spot of dinner in one of the many eateries within a few minutes' walk of the hotel - plenty of choice of chip shops, pub grub, seafood, takeaways, carveries, Italian buffet, a McDonald's, a Yates's, a Subway and I heard rumour of a Wetherspoons but I didn't really venture that way. I also recommend exploring Ingoldmells which is a village ten minutes away on the bus (which can be caught within a hundred metres or so of the hotel) which offers a theme park, a large outdoor market, arcades, traditional seaside amusements (crazy golf, donkey rides etc etc) and a rather new beach bar called Joe's which has a stage set up on the beach with karaoke and children's songs to keep them amused. The bar also serves food - apparently on Dustbin Lids, so large are the portions - and do good deals on drinks so it's a lovely place to spend an afternoon, especially if the kids want to play on the beach.
The hotel was nice and clean, and I can't really comment on breakfast much but the toast was lovely and a glass of orange juice was already set out on my table when I came down for breakfast. I'm not much of a brekkie person but when I mentioned that I'm vegetarian, Deb was very friendly (some people get annoyed by the "fussy ones") and said she would be able to cook me a vegetarian breakfast if I'd like which was a very kind offer.
The room was cleaned daily but I didn't exactly mess it up to begin with but it's nice to know they were on top of it in case.
Overall, great service, lovely owners and a simple and modest room which was all I wanted - it's not the Ritz but it never claims to be, it is a lovely little B&B offering a charming place to stay and at the end of the day, I didn't really spend much time in my room as the sun was out and I was out enjoying myself in the sun and in the shops. The only relative down side was that the toilet was rather cramped so your knees almost touched the wall but it didn't seem a problem - you could easily face the other way and at the end of the day, it's an en suite so it still beats queuing for a shared bathroom!
In response to a few comments about the shower, it was perfectly adequate as long as you remember to switch it on at the wall and gave me the warm running water I wanted from a shower. It was a bit loud - some form of motor whirring - but it was warm and most people are only in the showed for a few minutes anyway and I'm always happy to sing over any noise I encounter ;)
Lovely hotel at a very reasonable price - especially considering the amazing location and view - and they were more than happy to do me a good deal as a single occupant in a double room. Would highly recommend and I can't wait for my next chance to visit!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Kayleigh B
Wisbech, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

my partner and I booked last minute. Was given a ground floor family room which was ideal. Room was nice and clean and had all we needed for our stay. Tea, coffee etc filled each day. Breakfast was really nice. Choice of cereals, fruit juice, Toast and full breakfast. Host was a lovely person who made us welcome and would def stay again. It has parking for 4 cars and walking distance to everything.

Room Tip: Some rooms have sea view so book early.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Wrexham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed for 3 nights from july 18th to 20th in room 3. Me , my wife and 9 year old son. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be returning. Excellent location everything was close to hand. Always something to do . Breakfast was fantastic. We could not have asked for anywere better.From the Clarke family.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank steve c
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and found the hotel to be very well located with great parking. The breakfast was excellent and made a little breakfast up for out 1 year daughter which she loved. Room was very spacious and powerful shower.
Couldn't fault anything and was made very welcome.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

My partner and I stayed here last weekend, we couldn't have picked a better location, lovely view form our second floor room. Two minutes walk away from food and drink and five minutes walk form all the fun of skegness. The hotel was spotless and the breakfast was lovely, the owners des and deb were fabulous, they were very helpful at all times. We were so impressed with our stay we booked in for an extra night . Skegness is great. Clean and friendly, fantastic for singles to families. Even when it's raining there is so much to do there. Thankyou for a great stay des and deb at the belleview .we look forward to staying with you again.

Room Tip: Front of house on second floor with sea view, that's what we had and it was great. We were warm...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

just returned from belle view.had a short break with my daughter.this hotel is in a perfect position,close to all amenities.spotlessly clean and very comfortable beds.the breakfast was lovely.the owners are very friendly and can`t do enough to make your stay nice.

Room Tip: we had room 4 on the ground floor at the front overlooking lots of amenities. highly recommend it
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family