“Excellent”

Richmond Holiday Centre
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just returned home from a weeks holiday here with my partner and 2 children. This was our first time in Skegness and we absolutely loved every minute of it. Richmond holiday centre is a great place to stay,location is perfect neither of us drive that wasn't a problem as everything was so close by, 24 hour tesco 5 mins walk then the tower centre and beach a further 5 mins. The park is so clean, staff really friendly and helpful, our caravan was fantastic very spacious and we were lucky as we were right next to the children's play area which kids loved . The food in the restaurant was delicious and great value for money , the entertainment in the club house was great to children's games to start with then a show for the whole family we were lucky enough to see the take that tribute act they were brilliant. All in all was a great holiday and would definatly recommend this place to anyone coming to Skegness on holiday, we can't wait to go again.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Rileymoran
There are newer reviews for Richmond Holiday Centre

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

A quiet site with excellent facilities on the outskirts of skegness. Approx 15 minute walk to the centre of town or beaches. Lovely indoor heated pool, suana and jacuzzi (extra charge) large park & games room for the kids and an entertainment centre which we didn't use. Food was good (according to my sister who runs a pub that specialises in home made food.) personally we only tried the on site chip shop and that was awful. Showers and loos were clean and well maintained.
I would recommend to anyone who wants a short family break but doesn't want to be in the middle of Skegness.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank BusyMumand4kids
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have just returned from spending the May half term week at this holiday park. I primarily chose it based on the reviews stating it was only a 15 minute walk from Skegness beach as I wanted to basically park up the car and leave it for a week! I must say the location was excellent. I timed it from the entrance to the park and it took 5 minutes to walk to the large 24 hour Tesco and a further 5 minutes to the centre of the resort where all the typical tourist shops are. Also, there is a short cut at the back of the park, towards the right hand side as you face the back, there is a high green metal fence with a gate that's always open (you'd have to fold pushchairs to use it) If you go through this gate it takes literally no more than one minute to get to the Tesco.

I wont review my caravan as I booked it privately but it was a decent van and I was happy for the price I paid. The park itself was landscaped wonderfully and I was very impressed in how well maintained the outdoor spaces were.

The evening entertainment was just okay in my opinion. Twice Nightly were amazing and I also really enjoyed the Lady Gaga tribute and wished I'd still been there when the Take That tribute were on! There was another band on earlier in the week who only really played music from decades ago which was disappointing as it was really dated and aimed more for much older people. I think the whole evening entertainment structure needs tightening up as it is pretty boring waiting around for bingo and then for the act to come on and there isn't a huge amount of atmosphere, no adults dancing - just kids rushing around everywhere. Improvements I would suggest is to tighten up the scheduling as everything seemed to run a little later than programmed and maybe have a smaller gap between each event. Also, try to encourage use of the disco after the entertainment like what happens at a lot of other parks. I'd like to have a dance with my kids but don't want to be the only adult doing this! Just adds to the atmosphere then. The only night when the atmosphere was amazing was when Twice Nightly were playing and I hope the management takes note of this and books them loads for the coming seasons! The entertainment guy was lovely, at times it felt like he was running a one man ship and the entertainment girls should be more assertive/proactive in running the evening too. Anyway, the loss of one star was due to the entertainment, really I'd say that it was only average but as the park was so well kept and well located I didn't want to knock any more stars off as it deserves a four rating overall.

The arcade was okay - fairly priced but the kids weren't over impressed with it. There were some of the cascade machines in there with the tiny toys that the kids like to try to win but the toys always seemed to be at the back of the shelf no matter what time you went in at! I'd suggest a better variation of these cheap prizes scattered along the shelves in the machines (not all at the back!) so the kids enjoy it more and feel they may have the chance of winning something! It wasn't that busy in there considering it was half term week and this could be improved upon for both profits and the children! The onsite chip shop was awful on the night we visited it. The chips were literally swimming in grease and none of us could finish our meals. Don't know if we just caught it on a bad night but we wouldn't ever use the chippy again.

If we did ever come to Skeggy again I feel that Richmond would be our first choice of holiday park due to the location. In the main, it was a good site and with a few little tweaks here and there it could be amazing.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank xXholidayloverXx
Reviewed 1 June 2014

has my title states the richmond is 50 years old this year. this is my first holiday to richmond holiday centre i first went 47 years ago when i was a baby! over the years i have spent a few hoildays and short breaks off and on. now my main holidays are taken abroad. but i have just spent ten days over whitsun break at the richmond holiday centre. we booked it via a private let with one of the caravan owners not direct with richmond holiday centre. which is cheaper than booking direct with them and we were'nt restricted to the vacate caravan etc times but thats up to the individual caravan owner. but we still have access to all the facilities on the site, which include swimming pool, clubhouse, launderette, chip shop and clubhouse restuarant. the place in general is good, but could be alot better! its prime location to the centre of skegness and the train station all with in 10 min walk from richmond holiday centre. if you take your dog like we did, there's a nice wooded walk called the vine walk across the road fro richmond its nice to wlk to dog and takes about 15- 20mins to seafront. also it leads to the very nice vines hotel that have a lovely beer garden and do nice bar meals.

what i think could be improved is the entertainment esp in the evening. after the children have there fun we have to have bingo for about an hour and the act at times comes on after ten. by which time i'm bored out my head!! i know people like bingo but maybe they could split it up through night a bit more. like i aid i have been alot of times in 47 years and it used to be alot better! and the sound system needs a major overall too. we sat in the adult area of the clubhouse and it makes the bands and singer sound dreadful. we tried lunch in the restuarant area of the clubhouse this is one area that has improved but not very good value for money. for value for money try the parkview restuarant in the grand central ( see sep review) there 2 for a tenner deals are brilliant has are the steak deals. also for sunday lunch carvery try grand central or the royal hotel all cheaper and better choice than the richmond restuarant.

would i recommend the richmond hoilday centre, yes of course mainly for its proximinty to centre of skegness and some of the staff can be friendly. would i go again. i'm already returning in september but unless the evening entertainment improve's i won't be going into clubhouse.

if you have a tourer caravan i have heard the touring facitilites are first class

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mollymagooDerby
Reviewed 31 May 2014

A nice site our van was spotless.The entertainment is good.The staff are friendly and helpful.The location is good not to far from the railway /bus stations and the lidl supermarket.A place we will defiantly visit again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Only had two days here but made the previous four days spent elsewhere in Skegness seem wasted, food is great and not over priced, facilities are great, the club is brilliant for kids and adults but the staff are just fantastic nothing was too much trouble, well done Richmond!!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 30 May 2014

we stayed here last year van was basic but clean entertainment was good loved toccata as they from my home town so we know them well forever jackson was brilliant hes the best one iv seen that looked and sounded like him my son had his photo took with him the fourmost was very good too the restaurant is reasonable lovely breakfast will come again next year

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family