“Excellent Holiday center...a Must for Family's and Couple's alike”

Richmond Holiday Centre
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Excellent Holiday center...a Must for Family's and Couple's alike”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I stayed at this complex from 23 Aug to 30 Aug 2014 and had a blast!!! I took 4 children (All under 10) and my partner and stayed in a gold class Caravan. The entertainment for the kids during the night was absolute amazing with the staff playing games with them before any of the schedule programmed even started. The food was top notch, better than pub food and the choices available were plenty-full. The entertainment staff were excellent, the kids loved them we were all sad to leave them :(. I recommend this place for Family's of all ages as it will keep everyone occupied with everything you need on your door step. Couples have plenty of space and walks to occupy themselves with as much quite or noise as they could want. Only downside to this place would be the leisure center they have on site, which have a small segment of use for the swimming pool for quests but cannot use the gym facility's at all. You have to become a member but pay 2/3 months in advance for them to allow you to become a member, staff were rude and unhelpful but none the less irrelevant to the actual Complex its self L:)

Room Tip: We stayed close to the club but not that close should we require an early night, be mindful if you h...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gavin_s_Francis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Burnley, England
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I look after two young men with a moderate Learning disability, and I decided to give my wife a break and take the boys away. In the late 1960's, my Grandparents retired to Skegness from Nottingham & their Bungalow was just a stone's throw away from Richmond, so this was a walk down memory lane for me.

The accomodation was pristine and very clean when we arrived, Cooker, Free-View TV and all mod cons. I was very pleasantly surprised.. .The lads loved the Pool and the entertainment, and really enjoyed the arcade. As an all male group, we had to complete a questionnaire prior to our Booking being confirmed...no problem for us..and Teresa,the Bookings Manager was very helpful...would highly recommend...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Rawson19
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic site. Stayed here for the weekend a week after stopping at an haven site. This place blows haven away. The facilities are top class. Great food reasonable drink prices and great evening entertainment. My whole family loved the place. Highly recommended.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Paul G
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We took our touring caravan to Richmond in July, we had 3 children with us from 8 month old to 5 years. The caravan pitches are well spaced and well maintained, and the site is level. The toilet and shower blocks are spotless , and cleaned every day, but they do need up dating as the temperature of the showers cannot be regulated, and there are on extractors to take the steam away so at busy times everything is wet including the toilet seats! The entertainment in the evening was very good, the shop was well stocked and reasonably priced, and there is a Tesco just off site. We had a lovely holiday and will certainly return. We would recommend Richmond to any one! !!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Arlesey
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed a few weeks ago and had a lovely holiday. Caravan was almost brand new and very clean.
Swimming pool was ok but having a 2 and 5 year old even the shallow end was too deep for our 5 year old. I think a baby pool would be a good asset to this resort.
In the evenings kids entertainment for our two was fab and the girls entertaining were so good with the children. Especially Charlotte, what a wonderful girl so enthusiastic, clearly enjoyed her job and was so fantastic with our two. Thank you Charlotte.
Our only negative experience was one lunch time we ordered food in the clubhouse and when the order arrived it was incorrect. I flagged this up with the lady who had took my order 'Karen' who waved my ticket in my face and told me I was wrong as she had got it on the ticket. She then tried to argue with me and even stated to another member of staff ' I'm not arguing with her I know what she ordered just change it'. I was really embarrassed as there was other people around. If initially she had said sorry even if she believed she was right I would have eaten what had been brought out, but the fact she tried to argue I felt disgusted. This is not a way to treat a paying customer and I think Karen needs some customer service.
Overall fabulous holiday and only one member of staff let you down everyone else was great.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Rebecca K
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Brilliant.
Caravan was very modern and very clean.
Good and close amenities.
Reasonly priced too.
Will be going again.
Walking distance from the town centre and beach and a very central location.
Also there is a 24 hour tesco nearby.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Laura M
england
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just got back from a weeks stay @ The Richmond site and loved it. It was mainly all positives just a couple of suggestions at the end of my piece...
The party consisted of myself my partner an 11 yr old boy and a 16 yr old girl. We privately rented a caravan from a family friend so checked in with no problem, plenty of people on the desk rather than a long queue. The site is nicely laid out and easy to find out van. The kids play area is spacious and seemed to constantly be in use.

We ate in the restaurant bar a few times, this was excellent value for money massive portions and with 2 meals for £11 was often cheaper to eat out than in!.

Tesco and Lidl is 10 minutes max walk from the site and Skegness itself only took me 15 mins stroll to get into the centre of.

The entertainments team albeit only a few of them were always smiling helpful and friendly, not in your face to do things just the right element.

The arcade had a good selection of things from pool tables to fruit machines to kids rides and action games and certainly seemed to keep kids amused.

The entertainment was great the majority of the time although we did see a dodgy set up with Girls B Loud / The Saturdays were playing, sadly these girls tried hard but were not up the the standard of the others we had seen, Meat Loaf/ Rolling Stones/ Spin Offs etc.

There were a good selection of activities for kids during the day without it being too crammed.
The swimming pool is a good standard size but also shared with the general public so at times can get a little busy.

The shop was open daily but only till 6pm, someone in the main office majority of the time, fish and chip shop available although personally.... well read below . All in all it was a great place, we made our own daytime entertainment as kids of diff ages. Would deffo recommend it and we will be returning.

Negatives/Suggestions.
The timing for the Bingo and evening entertainment was all over the shop and i feel may add to people losing interest in the evenings bands. Bingo books were supposed to be on sale at 8pm-8.30pm with bingo starting at 8.45. Every night the books did not go on sale till 8.40 with a massive long queue thus meaning it didnt start till 9ish, Kids werent too bad but possibly fed up hence the noise got louder whilst the adults played. As everything was running late, the evening entertainment never got started till about 10pm, so when they bands took a break by 10.45 majority of people left which you could show deflated the entertainment a little walking back out to empty chairs. We stayed everynight and enjoyed it but looking around people were getting a little weary waiting for the bingo/entertainment etc so may be worth starting this slightly earlier?

Swimming Pool : Sadly this wasnt ran as efficiently and as professionally as it could have been. During the day at 11am and about 3pm they put up an inflatable obstacle in the pool for the kids to play on. Anyone under the age of 14 has to swim 4 lengths to prove they can play on it, 2 on their front 2 on their back eventhough the inflatable was in the shallow end and no child would have had to have swam more than half a width to get to the side,. This we found was totally absurd as to actually go in the pool any other time, you didnt have to prove you could swim. Anyway our 11 yr old started to do his swimming and the blonde who clearly had no interest said he was too slow ( on his 3rd length) and couldnt play on it. Our 16 yr old had her time on it and we left, The following day we returned, for our lad to do the swim again, spoke to a different lifeguard who watched him do one length, then walked away and never returned when he did, he stated that our lad was fine to go play!.. On the 3rd day we get told that EVERY child had to do the 4 lengths because they had had a child struggle in the water/drowning and the lifeguards were too busy on their phones to notice so new rules had been brought into place. So my 16yr old, 11 yr old and every other kid wanting to play had to go in the pool at the SAME TIME and all prove they could swim 4 lengths to play on it, which meant too many people swimming in the same roped off area, some one way some the other, crashing into one another, After 3/4 lengths the lifeguards once again had turned their backs and told everyone to go play!! This really was a poor set up with what seemed like very very young people running it whom actually had no interest in it and definitely had no interest in the kids fun/safety as all the blonde girls did was turned their nose up at them!

Toilets, : Near the " adults only" area there are some ladies toilets and these constantly smelt of blocked drains so may be worth a clean.

Fish & Chip shop! : Oh my days, what an experience that was. On the friday night it is open till 12, so at 11.30 we left the bar to go get some chips. 1 person in front of me with 3 small kids, me with mine. The chief fryer was shouting at the assistant/server telling him to hurry up that he had no time to be standing around at this time of night when things were to be done. We were shouted at as to what we wanted and our change slammed down by boss man. The server was slating the boss man to one of the customers under his breath and the smaller kids were told to go outside so as not to hear anything. 2 x cheesy chips 1 x chips cost me over £9 so not sure where he got that from. The fryer needs to learn some customer service and the chips were awful

So thats my review on the place, although my negatives/suggestions may have seemed long i wanted to explain why i had put them, this does not change my view on the place it was fab, but sometimes theres room for improvement and these were my ideas

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family