“Value for money hotel in the right location”

Grosvenor Hotel Skegness
Ranked #27 of 93 Skegness B&B and Inns
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Value for money hotel in the right location”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for one night at the end of July 2014.

The hotel I had originally planned to stay at was fully booked so I though I'd look about a bit.

This hotel is right opposite the pier and attractions. A great location I feel. It hasn't got a car park, but the on street parking is free in certain areas outside the hotel and there's a reasonably priced car park just down the road.

The hotel looks very nice as you walk in, a relaxed atmosphere as well, which is always good in my opinion. I'd already booked over the phone, for which a deposit is taken, and the balance was paid on checking in - a total cost of £60.

Originally I thought that this comparatively low cost for a sea front hotel at this time of year didn't bode well as well as the fact they actually had some rooms left, what with the kids being off school. I was, however, wrong.

The room itself, whilst basic. had what we wanted.Clean as well - apart from some areas of the carpet, that could do with a bit of a shampoo. The room had a view of the pier and along the front. Not bad for £60.

The place seems popular at night, they had a kareoke on and the place was pretty busy so possibly not a place for very young children.

The only serious fault I can find with the place was the breakfast. Served buffet style which is all well and good - but it wasn't much cop. I've had buffet style breakfasts before and they've all been a lot better than this.

Apart from the breakfast, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room. The pier entrance and front look great at night.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

when I arrived at the hotel I was not greeted,i had to wait because they were not sure if my room was ready.On entering my room I noticed hair in the sink a broken chest of drawers dusty and a chipped cup on the tea tray.I tried to watch tv in the evenings and it didn't work I complained about this and nothing was done,Breakfast was not to my liking and the décor dark dismal and in need of decorating.I wont be staying there again.

Room Tip: my room was next to the lift and very noisey
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Carol P
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

we popped in here for breakfast as we were staying elsewhere at self contained accomadation and fancied a full english. The price initlialy i thought was a little expensive but its the seaside so we went for it, im glad we did. They happily swapped my egg for sausage at my request, my 3 year old basicaly ate for free as they provided toast for him and a glass of orange. the gentleman who served us couldnt of been more helpful, he really was a lovely gentleman, we made sure to let his manager know of the outstanding service he provided.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Donna R
Headcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Spontaneous booking as travelling through lovely room with sea view been painted recently - overkill with pictures just keep the 2 modern ones - comfortable bed but only one pillow each - only one double socket in room extension lead to bedside lights then one socket for tv kettle hair dryer (not provided and socket nowhere near mirror) anything you need to charge - bathroom large vand clean shower small but only 2 bath towels provided no hair/hand towels nor floor towel so floor got wet and slippery - breakfast buffet had plenty choice all DIY inc toast and tea/coffee and unfortunately at best lukewarm - didn't like all linen waiting for collection in stairwell -lots of good things and small niggles but would stay again if ever in Skegness

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I booked this "hotel" as I thought at £75.00 for a double room it would be a cut above the standard b&b, I was sadly disappointed. The hotel sells breakfast to non-residents at £7.00 per person, therefore making the room part of the booking £.60.00.

For this we got poor quality flat pack furniture, comprising mis-matched bedside cabinets, the one on my side of the bed had a chunk of the finish missing.

The wardrobe had a piece cut out to the bottom presumably to accommodate pipework when used in another room and one of the doors had been drilled in the wrong place for the handle so had holes in it.

The room had not been cleaned properly which was dealt with when I reported it. There was also a wash bag hanging on the back of the bathroom door from the previous occupant.

Complimentary toileteries are provided but in a room that only has a bath why provide shower gel and not bubble bath?

I do like shabby chic decor but this was just shabby, and we did wonder if the furniture had been picked up off the street.

Room Tip: book some where else unless it has been refurbished
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Decided to pop in for mine and my partners dinner and it was absolutly spot on even the side garnish was beaut, the staff were all friendly and the service we received was second to none, its a great idea to let non residents go in for something to eat, highly recommendable, will certainly be returning in august bank holiday.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

small family run hotel and this is noticeable by the friendly and helpful staff and owners.breakfast was really good and promptly served.they seem to be constantly working on updating the property
and this is evident in the downstairs bar and eating area.our room although not large,was big enough and clean and nicely decorated.when we arrived we were given the wrong room,but they had no hesitation in moving us to a seaview room when this was pointed out.overall a nice stay with pleasant people and as a bonus the hotel is animal friendly.if we are in skegness again we would definitely revisit this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple