“nice place”

Ranked #16 of 232 Restaurants in Skegness
Price range: US$1 - US$27
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gluten Free menu available on our website or facebook!
Reviewed 10 September 2013

what a nice place just across from the old dunes pub,spotlessly clean staff very good prices not to bad , could do with a few more specials for when the pennies are running out,overall impressed.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Myself and my partner recently ate at the view. Quite disappointed. The korma my partner ordered was salty and not at all like a korma. My ham and eggs came on a plate with chips in a separate bucket, nice touch but they were like frozen rustic fries rather than chips. We waited at the bar to be served while staff chatted, then a girl came over, took our order without smiling, was not helpful or polite, didn't tell us where to get cutlery etc, and looked down her nose at me when I asked for bread and butter. Salt/pepper are in sachets. During the meal, the greasy spoon cafe opposite closed, and staff wearing dirty aprons came over and started collecting glasses, and a man went over there and came back with bags of frozen food, which I hope wasn't to be served in the restaurant! A couple next to us ordered their meal, and were told what they wanted wasn't available, so they chose an alternative and still received wrong food, by which time they were hungry and just ate it. Nice surroundings, nice view, lovely toilets, but awful food and service. Food not as described and I got the feeling it came from cheap cafe opposite, as all the same owners. ?..

2  Thank Christina S
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

This is my second review of 'The View' this year. I've decided to write it in the form of 'how to improve'

I still think this place is a cut above anything in Skegness. However, it could and ought to be improved to make it really really stand out!

1. Have the staff wear cool, refined uniform or at least have a basic dress code. today, most of them looked scruffy.

2. Light candles late afternoon inside. Turn down the lights. Make it look like a restaurant rather than a cafe.

3. Don't sit behind the bar (manager) in scruffy clothes preparing menus, doing accounts.

4. The cook needs to look like a chef. Get rid of the tabbard and swop to chef's whites - maybe actually get a chef if they aren't one!

5. Serve beers outside - make it like the continent. I might not lose my seat when I go to the bar to get another drink.

Anyway - still think its a good place but keep yr eye on it!!!!

2  Thank Nunga1
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

First time in Skegness this August. While I would not thing this will be a regular destination we stopped at The View and were pleasantly surprised. Set on the seafront overlooking turbines it is well positioned as a slightly more up market joint. Service, drinks and food were all excellent and very good value.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Great little bistro bar on the seafront at Winthorpe. The area has been crying out for a good bar, never mind Skegness. We went when it was beautiful weather and sat outside on the sea view terrace and watched the waves. Like a previous poster said it is like being abroad when the weather is nice. Didn't eat here but the food looked great. Refreshing for a place not to be full of chavs. I hope more bars like this spring up in Skegness and the surrounding area.