“Save your money and go to another hotel!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skegness
Scarborough House Hotel
Ranked #79 of 92 Skegness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2012

The greatest recommendation I can give about this place is STAY AWAY!

We booked two rooms and at the time of booking we informed the owner we would not be able to get their until the evening as we were working during the day; this is not an unusual thing that happens. After talking to the owner the day before travelling, to confirm our booking, and also telling him we were looking forward to staying with them, we arrived on their doorstep.  We were met by a belligerent owner who told us our rooms had been given to someone else! ? When we asked why he said "I didn't think you were serious about coming"!??  I reminded him that I had confirmed the booking the previous day, but was told "Well the rooms have gone" and had the door closed in our face.  What kind of customer relations is this?  After a long journey it was an appalling way to be treated. I would never set foot in this establishment as long as these owners run it.   You have been warned!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nigel J

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Nice, clean room. Great location. Great value for money. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 27 September 2011

A clean, comforatble room in a venue only a minute or so walking to the town centre but far enough away to be really quiet and peaceful (overlooking the park). Graham and Sue were very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the excellent English breakfast and there was a cosy bar for those who enjoy a quiet drink in the evening. Truly good value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Brenda M
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I booked into this hotel on recommendation of a friend. Never again !!!
The room had a balcony or should I say a lean to (which was shared with pidgeons).... you had to climb out of the window to get onto it, although there was a small table and a couple of chairs, it was not designed for the larger person !

The shower and hand basin were next to the bed, and the toilet in the other bedroom, even though advertised 'on suite'.

The towels took off almost all of your skin off, and the bunk bed needed fixing to the wall for fear of being rocked out of it! The hand rail on the stairs was loose, boardering on dangerous for small children.

We left after just one night, without being offered breakfast, the owner appeared with the statement 'this looks suspicious' which made us feel as if we were trying to avoid paying.

All in all I would never recommend this place to my worst enemy let alone a friend.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2006

Well, I stayed here for the 3rd time last month and this hotel just gets better each time I visit.
The hosts Sue & Graham couldn't be more helpful or friendly and are indeed great company in the well stocked and very reasonable hotel bar at the end of a hard days sunbathing!!!
The rooms are absolutely spotless as always with the addition of a fabulous, invigorating new shower in my room.
The food as always was superb and the location is second to none.
If you haven't already visited, book now to avoid disappointment as this hotel is always busy and rightly so....

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)