All reviewsgolf breakpro shopgolf societyround of golfsingle roomsea viewlovely hotelfamily roomsunday carverycooked to perfectiontea and coffee making facilitiesvisit skegnesstown centresea frontbreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastcouldn't fault
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I have read some of the reviews and tbh I am gobsmacked at what some people expect for what you pay........this hotel is always fantastic
..great food good staff and a decent golf course ....keep up the good work see you all in February for our golf weekend

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Phileth
General_Manager_NSH, General Manager at North Shore Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Wow !!!! what amazing feedback, thank you for your honest and genuine review it means so much to everybody involved, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you in February,

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We booked two rooms to stay for a night during October half term. The price was reasonable considering that it was half term. Our room was nice, with a few of the golf course and the sea. It was mostly clean (some dusty areas but nothing worth moaning about) and very comfortable, with a nice bathroom. The location is good, away from the noisier parts of Skegness but not too far to walk. There’s a bus stop nearby too, with buses going both to the front in Skegness and Fantasy Island/Butlins in the other direction.

Breakfast was nice and waiting staff were attentive. We didn’t eat there in the evening. We read something about a smart dress code, but weren’t sure whether that included eating in the bar area. Only coming for one night, we hadn’t packed smart clothes.

The only thing I will say is that the two in our party in the second room we booked were less impressed, saying that the room was very cold all night and not as clean as ours. I haven’t let this affect my star rating because I didn’t see it and our room wasn’t cold, but maybe there is some inconsistency? Unfortunately I don’t remember their room number.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank helengriff

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Hotel, we are delighted that you enjoyed your overall visit and we look forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in Rm 131. Didn’t eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the catering.
Staff were polite but not overly welcoming and on checkout didn’t bother to enquiry if we had enjoyed our stay.
Booked a double room which was a good size and had a single bed as well as a large double (2x single beds pushed together) which was very comfortable.
On arrival room was freezing cold as all windows were open which seemed a bit odd in Nov. That said, heating was good so quickly resolved. Room was clean and tidy but was a bit drab and could do with brighter lighting and a bit of tlc. Bathroom had mould on window blind and ceiling. Never saw anyone smoking but frequency got a whiff of cigarette smoke and another odd smell in the bathroom.
Soundproofing is not very good and you could hear the folks in the room above wandering around with squeaky floorboards and almost hear their conversation. When water was turned on in other rooms (taps/showers) there was unwelcome noise from 06:00 plus the road outside the side of the hotel was a bit noisy if window was opened.
This hotel is clearly targeting golfers and it certainly was a little cheaper than the Southview Hotel which we had previously visited but would be happy to pay slightly more next time we visit and return to that hotel.
It is just over a mile (20 minutes easy walk) into centre of Skegness which is a plus point.
Would have highlighted these comments to staff on checkout had they asked about our stay but as they didn’t felt it would probably be a waste of time.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback, as you can see from previous responses we do take customer feedback very seriously and act upon wherever possible, we do apologise that your visit was not to your expectations although we do welcome any customer through the doors and not just the golfers,

Nick Kilmartin

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We stayed for 3 nights from Friday to Monday last weekend. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was very good with a wide choice both at breakfast and in the bar for dinner. The hotel is in need of some TLC so that it why I only give a 3 but it was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hallingbilly
General_Manager_NSH, General Manager at North Shore Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for your very kind words regarding your overall visit to North Shore Hotel, we do hope that we can welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I had booked an overnight stay at the North Shore Hotel following a trip to watch the spectacular 'Thriller' show at the Embassy Theatre. I intended to check in before the show, but the train was late and I checked in as late as 10-30 p.m.!
A friendly chap welcomed me, but he encountered difficulty in finding a code number in order to access the reception computer to check me in. He thanked me kindly for my patience.
When I arrived in my room, I was surprised by the spaciousness and by the fact that it had windows which could be opened, an easy chair and a bath as well as a shower! The large bed was very comfortable and I slept soundly without any extraneous noise. I decided to go down to breakfast soon after 7 a.m. and I was directed to a large, airy dining room with traditional tables covered in white cloths. The cooked breakfast was actually HOT--something which is a bit of a rarity these days--and so I thoroughly enjoyed it. There could have been a greater selection of berries and fruit to accompany the cereal, but the blueberry yoghurt was delicious!

Room Tip: There are sea views and golf course views, so you are spoiled for choice!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank richardanderson854

Many thanks for taking the time to submit your lovely review and I am delighted that your room was to your expectations and fulfilled your every need, your comments regarding breakfast are also very much appreciated and our established Breakfast Chef is more than happy that he provided you with an excellent breakfast, we all sincerely hope that we can welcome you back in the future,

Kindest of regards,