“Very good value for money”
Review of County Hotel

County Hotel
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Skegness
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Our sequence dance class has booked an annual weekend at this hotel for nearly 20 years. it has always been welcoming, clean and comfortable. The English breakfast and the 4 course dinner have sufficient choice to suit all tastes. Ross,the current manager, has been there for 8 years. He leads from the front and ensures that our event runs smoothly. This year there were over 60 of us which put a strain on the staff but they coped magnificently. Seating in the ballroom was rearranged without any fuss when requested so that part of our group did not have to sit in the annexe. Problems are always sorted out quickly. Over the years we have seen various refurbishments carried out when necessary. It is not 5 star but neither are the prices.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Andrew P, Hotel Group Operations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thank you for your recent review.

It is nice to know that when guests enjoy themselves they are willing to share that information as well as the ones who post constructive and non constructive comments.

I will pas on your review to Ross and his team who will be very please to know your thoughts.

Once agin thank you

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Just back from a lovely break at this Hotel, where everything we found to be first class,and very friendly. Ross and the staff cannot do enough for you, the food was plentiful and well prepared and served, the room we had was spacious and kept extremely clean. We do not hesitate to recommend this Hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: our corner suite was spacious and had a good view of street and sea front
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FRANCIS C
Andrew P, Hotel Group Operations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Thank you for your recent review.

I was pleased to read that all was good with your recent stay. I will pass your comments on to Ross and his team who will be very please to hear you enjoyed your visit.

Once again many thanks

Reviewed 22 February 2013

My wife and I, with another couple decided to spend christmas at the County hotel. This after reading the glowing write-up from Grand UK tours, what we found was that lying is an art form. The hotel was well past its sell by date, rusty windows were in the bedrooms and bore condensation all day, the bath had a rust related stain from the tap, the main room door could only be secured shut by locking with the key, all heating was completely shut off after 9pm, the only good point was the bed was clean.
All rooms above ground floor level were accessed by completing an assorted course of varied steps in the corridoors, this on many occasions being accompanied by having to use the freight lift because the main lift had given up the ghost, also the carpet on the main stairs to the first floor was torn and needed attention.
It was true that Ross on first sight seemed the perfect host (provided you did not complain) However when the need arose for a word to be said, then another side of his nature was revealed, this included our party being sat at the only tressle table at mealtimes, and receiving smaller portions of food than other guests (a slice of turkey in the christmas meal disappeared when gravy was applied) We did observe that "the chef" had a vast menu of meals, at his disposal because on one occassion we saw his apron. After which we wondered if Ross was looking after our wellfare and we were being pannickety.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
14  Thank ed t

Thank you for your recent review.

I would like you to contact me to discuss your review of which I am very suprised by. You can do this either by email or telephone.

My email address is andrew.peck@theukholidaygroup.com or 01603 886771.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Kine regards

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Firstly the hotel may be a litttle aged BUT the rooms are so clean and well presented. Secondly the food is above average for a two star hotel. Finally If you are not made welcome by Ross and his staff I would be amazed. I stay here regularly and I have had many worse experiances from hotels that say they are 4 star and do better. Believe me they dont. This place is worthy of a lot better rating than it has.

Room Tip: If you are like me a person who lives in hotels most of the week. Give this place a call, you will n...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Andrew P, Hotel roup Operations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Thank you for your recent review.

I would like to take this opportunity of thanking you for your honest comments of which I will pass on to Ross and his team as these kind words are a great motivator to the management and staff.

Once angain many thanks.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Just back from a weekend stay at the County Hotel.
Been there several times and it never ceases to amaze me how friendly and warming the staff re towards the guest. Lead by Ross the manager they simply can't do enough for you, whatever you want you get it, and with a smile too.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Barry512
Andrew P, Hotel Group Operations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Many thanks for your positive review

I will pass this on the Ross and his team at the County - Skegness and I am sure they will be very pleased to read your comments.

Once again many thanks

Reviewed 18 January 2013

We were at this hotel over New Year. 14 of us. The staff were so warm and friendly, nothing was too much trouble to make our stay enjoyable. My single room was very nice (no.38) The only thing I thought needed replacing in my room was the pillows, they were very flat. But my friends were fine, and I'm sure if I had asked they would have replaced them. ..The meals were very nice, with plenty of choice. The bar was on the ground floor, and entertainments room on the first. Staff did a waitress service with drinks, so I think it would have been better to get a bar upstairs as there is plenty of room. Two out of the 3 nights, the entertainment was good, I wasn't too impressed with the first night, a quizz and bingo, but some would probally like it...It did end quite early, but not on New Years Eve, that carried on until after 12.30am. Everytime we went out in the coach the manager stood in the cold to wave us off, and on our last day a lot of the staff joined him. The bus stops right outside the hotel to take you further along the coast.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank abigailCoventry
Andrew P, Hotel Group Operations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

Many thanks for your comments and was gald to read you and your party enjoyed their stay.

I am sure that if you had asked for a different pillow it would have been replaced immeadiately.

I will forward your kind comments on the the management and staff who willbe very pleaed to recieve them.

Once again thank you.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

I have stopped at this Hotel on a number of occaissions, with my friends on our 'meet's'.
Everything about this hotel has been 'A1' on my visits, friendly obliging staff who are alway's helpful, always clean, super accomodation and food, a very helpful manager in Ross. I look forward to my next visit, very soon. Highly recommended, ( Deserves another star at least! )

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Andrew P, Hotel Group Operations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Many thanks for your feedback with reference to the County hotel - Skegness and the team.

The team will be proud to read your comments of which I will be passing on to them shortly.

Once again many thanks..