“Great Weekend”

Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Skegness
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Great Weekend”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just returned from a fantastic break on a Sun holiday. We had a modern beautiful caravan, that was spotless and had a veranda overlooking a small duck pond. It was a short walk to the leisure facilities and to the entertainment bars. We went swimming and used the sauna, the leisure facilities are very very good. We enjoyed the evening shows too. Initially we had a problem with the boiler that needed to be reset, after phoning reception a gas engineer arrived promptly and fixed the problem very effiiciently in no time- in a very curtious way. Also the check in staff were very helpful especially Sarah, who we have always found to be cheerful, polite and professional yet so approachable. Great value for money on the Sun voucher deals.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Park R, General Manager at Southview Park Hotel - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your break at Southview Leisure Park and that you were able to use the facilities on offer. Your kind words have been passed onto the team. Hopefully it won’t be to long before we see you again!
01754 896060’

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed in the hotel in January for two nights after it being recommended to me by a client as it was close to their venue.

On returning to my room for the second night of my stay, I noticed that a tube of Clarins face cream (travel size worth £10) was missing from my room. While initial concern was shown by the duty manager who gave me a bottle of wine to compensate for the lost product, the general manager of the hotel only got involved when I emailed him directly with my concern. He was very loyal to his staff and refused to accept that they would have taken it. I acknowledged his loyalty to his team and asked him to investigate they matter. He informed me that he would contact the laundry company to see if it was scooped up in towels and the room was serviced. This was several weeks ago and, despite me chasing with an email, I have had no further communication.

I am left feeling like they don't believe me (why would I lie?) and they are just not interested in firstly, their guests' satisfaction and secondly (and more importantly) that they may have an issue with staff dishonesty.

As the title of my review states, I am sorry to have to write this review. I am a reasonable person and would have hoped to have resolved this in conjunction with the manager. The fact that I am now not getting any response from him leaves me with no alternative but to write this review.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank CarolCurlz
Park R, General Manager at Southview Park Hotel - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. Please accept my apologies for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. I appreciate your concern and addressed this in our correspondence previously. As discussed we made every effort to locate your item and kept you informed of our progress. Once again I offer my apologies and if you wish to discuss the matter further I am available on 01754 896060 or HotelManager@park-resorts.com
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Just back from a lovely night at southview park hotel. Booked for partners birthday treat and were not disappointed. Room 208 we had was very well appointed and comfortable. This was a twin room with 2 double beds which were very comfortable. Shower was powerful and towels soft and large. Our bed nearest the shower seemed to have a bit of boarding holding it together and a few threads were seen underneath. An old net curtain rail and sealant coming away from around the window frame were the negatives here. However these things didn't spoil our night here. We also booked in for breakfast and were not disappointed. Full English was quality. No cheap sausages and bacon here. Gorgeous. Staff were courteous and friendly. Hotel well organised and laid out. And if it wasn't for the morons we believe to have stayed in room 203 shouting down the corridor at 2 this morning, we would have had a good nights sleep. We had to open the door to tell them to be quiet. But all in all we had a very nice stay. Next time we might book a suite. Binns family Cleethorpes.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Park R, General Manager at Southview Park Hotel - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for your great comments regarding the food and staff. I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know. Hopefully it won’t be too long before we see you again.
01754 896060’
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

There are little difference in difference between penthouse suites and delux suites, having both jacussi corner bath, walk in double shower, dining table, suede sofa and chairs, both also have own balcony. The only difference in the two type of rooms are pent house you are on top floor and have private stair case that you share with another penthouse room , and that penthouse suite have four poster wooden bed, but the drapes are never on, the delux have a same size bed, but only a wooden headboard, but the carving is great. Personally the difference in price of the rooms, there is nothing that separates the price of penthouse given, just four post on the corner of your bed, advice would be choose the delux. The quality of the hotel is exceptional and always stay here if in Skegness. Paying for the room and not per person, the downfall though the pool is not located in hotel, you have a short walk to it, and is open for rest of caravan park to.

Room Tip: There are little difference in difference between penthouse suites and delux suites, having both jac...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Park R, General Manager at Southview Park Hotel - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Really great to receive your comments. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room to your liking. Hopefully it won’t be too long before we see you back.
01754 896060
Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed at the Hotel last weekend with my brother. We had a twin room which was spot on. Really clean and well equipped. Very quiet at night and really comfy beds .
The breakfast was a straight forward but a well prepared full english. The staff were very friendly. We will definately stay again.
Cheers Steve & Paul.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Park R, General Manager at Southview Park Hotel - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. It is nice to read that you enjoyed yourself and the staff gave you a warm welcome during your stay at the hotel. Hopefully it’s not to long before you can make it back.
north yorkshire
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Booked here for local convenience for an early morning meeting the following day in Skegness. Good, quick check-in, rooms were clean and tidy, ate out so cannot comment on the food or breakfast. Downside was that, after choosing the hotel for the bonus of a pool etc. we were told at 6.30pm that the pool shut at 6pm(!) Never known anywhere to have a pool to shut so early!? Very disappointing and times should be stated upon booking. Hotel was ok otherwise for the price paid.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased you found the check in speedy and the room comfortable. I have taken on board your comment regarding the pool and have passed it onto the relevant department. If you are passing through Skegness again it would a pleasure to welcome you back to Southview Park Hotel.
Cornwall
Reviewed 11 November 2013

had to travel from cornwall to Skegness to visit ill father so this was last minute booking, very pleasantly surprised, especially for the money, friendly, clean convenient placed an quiet, its set in beautiful gardens with waterfalls and fountains,

Room Tip: we had room at front of building very quiet [except couple of noisy women in corridor at some point...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at Southview Park Hotel - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisior. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, even under less than ideal circumstances. We do aim to provide a friendly and relaxing environment for all our guests.