“I'd rather sleep in a dead out caravan!”
Review of Chatsworth Hotel

Chatsworth Hotel
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Skegness
Reviewed 26 July 2013

£82 for a "deluxe room" with king size, balcony, shower, hd tv... but they was nothing delux about it at all!!!
1.the tv wasent even 14"
2.the shower came out slower than pi55 and cold. finally after going to reception 5 times with no empathy from the receptionist what so ever. it got hot but I had to shake the shower head to get the water out!!!
3.The king size bed was too singles shoved together and when getting down to it at the end of the night I fell down the middle!!
4.the balcony door handle was missing and bunged up with silicone making it unaccessible. and when confronting the receptionist about this he explained it was for people in wheelchairs. This instantly made me dislike the guy due to it been absolute camel poo as the door had a high threshold sill and you wouldent risk throwing a disabled over a balcony lol
5.we missed breakfast by 10 mins and ended up without anything not even a slice of toast (maybe my fault this one tho)
Overall I expected a lot more for my money particularly given it was a deluxe room. we had no food, no good service and the room was ridicules. And after putting this in nice terms to the hotel manager he displayed no interest or effort to sort this out. So I am glad I have seen this on here just browsing and I hope the owners see this :)

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank C4dj

Reviewed 24 June 2013

A group of 40 of us revisited the Chatsworth Hotel and everyone really enjoyed it the meals were really good and always well cooked and served with the minimum of fuss, the entertainment for a small hotel was also very good it all served to make a really first class holiday, Our coach and driver from Weardale Motors was as usual the best Pauline the Coach driver is one in a million nothing is a trouble to her and she goes out of her way to make sure every thing is right. Brian and Daemon at the hotel always makes sure that every one is looked after all in all a very good time was had by all Thanks everyone it makes my job as the organiser much easier

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Geordie075
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Manager and staff made our weekend very comfortable and relaxing.
Great breakfast (even no trouble when asking for scambled eggs lol), clean and cosy room and good value for money. Nice to find a genuine family friendly hotel.
Amazing location very close to everything that skegness has to offer. Would return if in skegness again many thanks again

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Peterstevens130978
Reviewed 6 April 2013

All 22 on our trip from south coast were very satisfied. Rooms were clean and warm, as was the whole building, bed comfortable, and staff friendly, polite and helpful. Food good and reached the table hot and appetising, with good choices. I would not hesitate to stay there again and recommend it without resevation. Thank you all.... Kay Hull

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
11  Thank Kaypera
Reviewed 1 November 2012

1.The hotel and Staff were very welcoming; Efficient and clean.
2.The rooms (although ours was small, for a double bed) were well furnished,decorated tastefully and clean.
3.The food was excellent and sufficient in quantity.(see other reveiws). This could be due to the fact we were OFF PEAK and few in number; (only half full).
4.The catering / waiters were very pleasant; attentive and speedy and responded to ALL of our needs and extras on demand. (see other reveiws) No extra charge.
5.Entertainment was first class.
6.Drinks are reasonably priced (happy hour from 4pm to 8pm,what more could you ask for)
A special mention for Chris and Brian. Who shared the responsibility for general management and table laying,waiting and clearing. On the day of arrival on my way for our evening meal, I informed Brian of a couple of anomolies about my room; during my meal he advised that the problems had been righted; now that what I call service!
Another of our group required to have some stitches removed whilst we were away in Skegness and Chris immediately arranged an appointment with a local surgery and also booked a taxi; NOW thats what I call service!!
A word about SKEGNESS it knocks spots off Blackpool. Everything was so clean and smart with loads to do even in October/ November and I look forward to going back to Skegness and THE CHATSWORTH HOTEL.

Room Tip: Stipulate room size to suit your dexterity.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank brassy6
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We were charged £82.00 for a room which could only be described as a bed sit. The view was of a wall & not a very attractive one at that.

The 'full english breakfast' (I use the term loosely more acurately would be 'a part/half/attempt at a breakfast' was awful!!!

First course porridge which we couldnt eat it had never seen an oat! The 'full english' was a 1 cheap sausage which hadnt seen a pig, 1 egg, 1 rasher of bacon, a spoonful of beans & tomatoes & 1 slice of white & brown toast for the pair of us. The whole meal was vile the pot of tea was ok.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Edina O
Reviewed 14 September 2012

the best thing about this place was the entertainment the bingo and leaving. The food was less than appatising and we ended up going to the local chippy. The lift didnt work properley as the doors would crash together when closing and if someone pressed the button then the lift went back down without letting us off first. Overall we were very disappointed and will never return.

Room Tip: room 206 was a good one
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family