“North Parade hotel”

Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Skegness
Grantham, United Kingdom
“North Parade hotel”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Me and my friend Mark went to the North Parade hotel on the 20/10/2012 to the twenty second of October for 2 nights the staff at the hotel were excellent the food was nice and the room wasnt to bad, The beds were very nice and the location was excellent not too far from the fair and the shops.
Me and my friend are coming back next year to stay at the same hotel

Room Tip: rooms on the first floor are too noisy beacuse it is next to a main road.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tom N
juleebunce, Owner at North Parade Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Thanks for your response, hope to see you again soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Me aand my wife went on the 27th august to the hotel had a really good time,food was very nice,friendly stall couldnt fault them at all,bedrooms was very nice and clean would go again would rcommendto others

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robert D
Thanks guys, for your response, hope you stay again
united kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Stayed in this hotel in June although clean could do with a very serious facelift very drab decor
rooms were ok apart from the so called bathroom very tiny no bath (which did not bother me as
I prefer a shower) I had to leave the door open to use the toilet as there was only about 4/5 inches between the door when closed and the toilet. The breakfast was not to bad but a very rushed affair, the cost of this is £5 per person if you walk about 5 minutes from the hotel you can get a good breakfast for £3 and less. The bar with so called entertainment was always empty and no entertainment, try the Suncastle across the road good night and reasonable drink prices. Hope this helps.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank asdwaz
Chesterfield
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I found the hotel clean but very much in need of updating. We were in the loft but there was a lift. Room was clean but very basic en-suite no bigger than a wardrobe wonder shower door hasn't been broken as not much room on exit and door banged on the basin (which was cracked) Bedding and towels looked like new and yes the bed was comfy. Was serenaded to sleep by 'Elvis' impersonator from next door hotel - wished somebody had shot him. Once he stopped it all was peaceful no doors banging or floors creeking like some hotels we have stopped in. Breakfast adiquate but disappointing only half an hour to eat tho was suprised to see young children as we hadn't heard a sound. The staff, hotel owner were very friendly and would I stay there again well my motto is better the devil you know and the cleanliness made up for all the rest

Room Tip: Make sure you have sea view and just have room only
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Suewong12
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed here on 28-19th July in room 9 and having read through the reviews I' am the sort of person to make my own mind up and i' am glad we did. On arrival I was greeted by Julieanne who was really friendly and very polite, really went out of her way for me Julieanne was that polite I stayed and had a good 15-20 minute chat with her she made me feel very welcome. Our room was on the 2nd floor Room 9 and it was nice clean and tidy. We had a lovely see view and I had the best nights sleep ever. We really enjoyed ourselves and I think you have to go and experience it for your selves because we couldn't find any thing wrong with it at all and we will be going back. As for the last review with the comment -- "How can some of you writing reviews give fabulous ratings? I think you need your heads testing" -- well my reply to that idiotic comment is IF it was really, really that bad you would not of stayed the night would you because that would be really silly??? and you have the option to pay when you leave so its not anything to do with paying up front,to me I think you need your head testing because if something was really that bad you seriously wouldn't stick around I certainly would not Some people just seem to pick at everything and anything, we had a great time and we will definitely go again!! we didnt get chance to try the breakfast because we had to leave early to get my son but it smelt really nice. My advice is go and see for your self dont let bad reviews put you off because I didnt and i' am glad i didnt thanks For a lovely time we will be back.-- Kelly and Tony

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank minnie1985
Thanks guys see you again soon
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I have read the review which my friend has made on this hotel by liddieladicote1 that there was a big error, the cost was £200 per room and not £200 for all four of us, I agree totally with everything that she said it is not worth spending all this money, I would hate to think what they would charge in high season. Honestly look for other accommodation as the hotel is awful and the service is even worse. If you are thinking of going there for a week, my advise is you would probably be able to pick up a late deal on the internet for all inclusive abroad. Save your money and really listen to the reviews.

Room Tip: I can't give you any tips as I only saw the two rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank luckylady1943
Thanks for your response, yes the peas and brussels are frozen as the are not available fresh all year, if it was as bad as you are implying why did you not complain properly at reception to the owner at the time, and again when you came to pay the bill. I cannot rectify a problem if you only put it on here when you have left.

Travellers are raving about these Skegness hotels

Derbyshire
Reviewed 26 July 2012

How can some of you writing reviews give fabulous ratings? I think you need your heads testing. There were four of us in our party and booked two rooms, one family room and one double room which cost us £400 for dinner/bed/breakfast.
Firstly I parked at the rear of the hotel and straight away I heard this shouting asking me to move over into the lines, my god it was only another 3 inches and was told to go through the alley way to the front of the hotel. We had only just got our luggage in the door, had no greeting and all we heard was a bellow saying "What do you want for your dinner", my god we hadn't even checked in!! Talk about rushing you. We were given the choices for our dinner which sounded quite nice so we were looking forward to that one later on at 5.30 sharp!! There was no selection of time say 5.30-6.30 pm, it was 5.30 and that was it.

We got up into the rooms and my god we had paid all that money for what can only be described as a poo-hole..... Don't get me wrong the room was clean but for god's sake bring the rooms back into the 20th century, we felt we were back in the 70's, don't get me wrong if it was the shabby chic look of today it would have be ok but to be in a room with anaglipta wallpaper a huge peice of wood which was about 2ft high and 6ft long on the wall opposite our bed, what the hell was that for? Then we realised it was a headboard which matched ours above our beds. The bathroom was old and dated and had a cracked plastic shelve with two glasses on. Dinner on the first evening was runny packeted tomato soup which was described as Cream of Tomato, the main course was chicken, what were they using for the chicken breast a baby chick!!!! on the board outside the hotel is clearly stated Fresh Cooked Meals, ha ha what a joke, the vegetables we were served with were frozen brussel sprouts, frozen swede and frozen peas what an awful combination of vegetables to begin with we very much asumed that these were frozen as the sprouts were soggy as hell and the peas were like bullets, my husband chose the steak and ale pie which when arrived looked like a steak pie you can buy in Greggs for just under a pound I think,finally desert was jam roly poly which I have to admit was nice. We thought we would help the waitress by stacking our plates together and she saw us doing this and told us that she had been a waitress for many years and new exactly how to stack her plates the correct way, we couldn't wait to get out of there quick enough

The next morning we were there on the dot at 8.30 and I have to say the only thing to complain about was the coffee but I will let them off this one as I am really fussy with coffee and do like it very strong, the breakfast was very nice except the waitress who was rude and gave us all the impression that we were something that she had just stepped in, who did she think she was? just because she had a black uniform on she thought she was the best thing since sliced bread....
We came back for dinner on the saturday absolutely starving as we were so full from breakfast that we didn't want to eat any lunch and was looking forward to. I can't remember what the starter was as I didn't like what was offered and we are not fussy eaters we will eat most things. We all chose lamb as our main dinner which looked like plastic meat with a huge rind of fat around the edges and through the middle, by the time I had disected the thing it was hardly worth having, I refused to eat the frozen soggy vegetables again as they were disgusting the night before and were definately not cooked fresh. Yet again Miss Stuck Up Anny was clearing the plates her way and asked was everything ok? I turned to her and said look at my bread plate and see the scraps of what you call Lamb on there and all the vegetables were still in their serving dishes. I said the meat was plastic and frozen veg was soggy and wouldn't serve it to a dog!!! she didn't like hearing this she turned round and said that it wasn't her fault she was just there to serve it and had nothing to do with the cooking at all and off she went with a flea in her ear.
The next morning Miss Stuck Up Anny completely ignored our party and ensured that the other waitress was tending to us. The new waitress I have to say was lovely she was like a breath of fresh air. I asked her if I could have an extra sausage as I really do not like mushrooms and we were told that she would have to check to see if they have enough, what is wrong with these owners running things on a shoe string for god's sake it was only an extra sausage. I forgot to mention that after dinner we went outside for a cigarette and the owner actually asked us did we enjoy dinner, I told him no straight away and said that there is no way that their food is fresh, he questioned this and then admitted that they used frozen roast potatoes and all the vegetables were frozen and the thing that really disgusted me most of all is that they have the audacity to charge £200 for 4 people serving slop and going back to the seventies and admitted that he didn't even live at the property!!!! It's alright for the guests to stay in the poo hole and was told that he had a huge house not only five minutes away. WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!! IT'S A GLORIFIED B&B WHICH GAVE A CRAP SERVICE SLOPPY FOOD AND HORRIBLE ACCOMODATION (and to think we were celebrating a birthday weekend in that place), trust the reviews that say it's bad, if there is only a couple of good reviews it says it all, trust what other people say as long as it's sensible.

Room Tip: Just don't go to this place, there has got to be better places than that hovel
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends