“Top Place”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Top Place”
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Once again would like to thank the host's Yvonne and Ian for my stay,friendly atmosphere didn't try the food but other people staying said it was good value.After talking to people in the morning will have to come over for the karaoke sounded like a good night.
Will be back in August so keep my beer cold and my room ready

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sheffield
Reviewed 15 June 2010

Me and my mates came to the Prince of Wales Hotel ages 18/22 there was 13 of us and we had an amazing time! The rooms were gorgeous, the food was also. The bar staff was so welcoming, and were always smiling! The music and DJ GRANDAD were brilliant. He had different styles of music for everyone, and almost the entire pub was up and dancing. Rotherham town was only a 5 minuite walk, and if a loada girls managed it happily! Also Yvonne the owner ordered us a town to sheffield city centre and got it us for very cheap at only £8 !! The pub was great and was the 4th time i have been, me and my mates just keep coming back! absoloutly love it. Definately a place to go!!!!! Thanks.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Helston
Reviewed 28 February 2010

Stayed for weekend with my partner,it was quiet when we arrived and I thought this place was going to be boring.as the evening progressed it just got better and better the music was fantastic, a party bus arrived all in fancy dress, every one was dancing, I have never stayed in a hotel and felt as if I belonged there.We will make this place a frequent venue.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
rotherham
Reviewed 19 December 2009

booked in going to arena, never stayed in a hotel as good as this, the owners were fantastic they made our night, will be back.

• Stayed October 2009
cardiff
Reviewed 2 December 2009

my stay was an awful experience, the decor as well as the smell was bad enough but that was only the beginning of the nightmare at faulty towers! the room was as dark an dingy as could be, when attempting to use the disgusting bathroom i tried an failed with having a shower as the water would not work i then made the landlady aware an she had locals from the pub come up with spanners to fix it! then there was the broken smelly bed an then noise that led to a sleepless night ! as for the coded doors an the secret entrance i felt unsafe the whole time! upon leaving the dump yvonne called me to say a damaged the walls (utter rubbish) an charged my account £100 without my consent! case is being looked into !

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank katiem86
Rhondda Cynon Taff
Reviewed 3 September 2009

Came back from the Prince of Wales in Rotherham last Wednesday after a 5 Night Stay. This was our 3'rd stay at the Prince and we cant wait to go back in November. Ian and Yvonne the owners are a lovely couple and cant do enough for you. The rooms are clean, spacous and comfortable. The hotel is in a great location, easy walking distance to the centre of Rotherham and there is easy transport links to Sheffield, Doncaster, Barnsley ect on the buses and trains. The hotel has got an evening menu and the food is really nice and at really good prices. They have a Karaoke on a Friday and Saturday nioght and Ian the DJ/Owner is brillient on it. He is a real good laugh, they also do bingo on a Tuesday now which is also a good laugh. Thats all I can say is, it's bingo with a bit of a twist haha. They were in the middle of re decorating the place when we were up there and the new wall papering and pain ect looks really nice. It will look fab when the place is finished. As for the locals, we have made some really good friends up ther which we now stay in touch with and we are really looking forward to our next visit which will be in November. See you in November Yvone and Ian, Cant wait xx

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Newcastle
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Like the last reviewer, I was there for the U2 concert as well. Ian and Yvonne could not have made my mate and I feel more welcome. We were shown up to our nice comfy rooms and then Yvonne helped a bunch of us get a minibus, making sure we didn't get ripped off by local cabs. As great as the gig was, i will just as fondly remember getting back to the pub afterwards. As well as Ian and Yvonne, there were 2 other incredibly friendly staff members serving and they were happy to both get us drinks and join in the fun until the small hours of the morning.

The breakfast was lovely and was just the job after consuming far too much of the house whiskey the previous evening.

If you want a boring, imersonal and instantly forgettable stay, go to a Travel Lodge or a Premier Inn. However, if you are looking for a night (or several nights to remember) then the Prince of Wales comes highly recommended. After all, if it's good enough for me, it's good enough for U2!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends