“Excellent hotel stay”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Norfolk
“Excellent hotel stay”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed here for one night as attending the Harrogate Flower Show on a Newmarket Travel short break. Having read a few comments about noise above the function room I emailed the hotel and asked if my friend and I could have our rooms in a quiet part. Within minutes I had a prompt reply from Ryan telling me that my request had been dealt with and we were on the 3rd floor away from any potential disco etc. I was very impressed with the efficiency of the reply and continued to be so for the whole of my stay. The staff, without exception, were charming, helpful and extremely welcoming. Our rooms were spacious and immaculate; the bed linen was good with a choice of pillows and a generous supply of nice white towels, the aircon worked well and it was extremely quiet.. I have stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels that would be pleased to offer the high standards that we encountered here. A charming young man came onto the coach and handed us our room cards so that we could go straight to our rooms without having to queue at Reception; a nice touch which implies good management and foresight. Our evening meal was included which was 3 courses from a good selection and we really enjoyed it. I note other reviews about the breakfast but when we went down to the breakfast room the food was piping hot and freshly made. I am fussy about sausages and these were good, tasty and well cooked as was the scrambled egg. We were there early so that may have made the difference. Some bacon would have been nice but there was plenty of everything, good tea and coffee and a toaster that actually works well, which makes a nice change! All in all an excellent stay and I would without hesitation stay here again.

Room Tip: Third floor very quiet, ask for a room overlooking the car park.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Frannie9
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Frannie9,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Rotherham North, the Team and I are delighted you enjoyed your coach trip.
We work hard to ensure we meet the needs of all our guests, so I was delighted to read your fantastic review.

I will pass on your comments to Ryan our Reception Supervisor, who I am delighted was able to assist you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future, and if you have any further special requirements please do not hesitate to contact myself, or one of the team and we will be happy to assist.

Lisa Sutcliffe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Polish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel :),friendly staff
.the breakfast was in editable ,sausages were raw ,the feed back that we got from the desk when we told them that the breakfast was terrible was that the chef was off that weekend. I'm sorry that's not good enough .

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Tammy T,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express Rotherham North and for taking the time to write this review.

I am very alarmed and sorry to hear of the issues you encountered at breakfast during your visit and would appreciate if you were to contact: Kirsty Cayton or Neil King-Watts direct at the hotel on 01709 760666 to discuss this matter further.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Espress Rotherham North as the recommended hotel was full. On arrival was pleasantly surprised by the hotel in general and room size in particular.

Ate in on the first night and was more than happy with the food and level of service. However, on the second night the service, or lack of it, left a lot to be desired. The restaurant wasn't busy with only 5 other guests covering two seperate tables - all were eating so required little or no attention.

Having received a drink I scanned the menu and having made my choice awaited a member of staff to take my order. As I was travelling alone the fact that the menu was down on the table and reading glasses away should have been a good indication that I was ready to order. However, staff continued to pass by with no acknowledgement that they had registered my wish to order.

After approx. 5 minutes I decided to leave and requested the bill for my drink and to see the Duty Manager. DM arrived and having listened to my complaint their first reaction was to authorise the 'voiding off' of my drink which I declined - I wasn't after a free drink just dinner. I requested the General Manager contact me and left the hotel to find dinner elsewhere.

The following day I was contacted by the GM who apologised and promised to look into the incident, they also wrote to me saying that it would be discussed at the next management meeting.

On checking out I requested a copy of the invoice so that I could confirm that it was correct before it was submitted to the booking agent. At first I was told that everything was okay and nothing needed to be paid on top of the agreed costs.

I repeated my request for a breakdown and was told that it was not possible then after a discussion with a fellow member of staff and the pressing of a number of buttons on the payment terminal (which I though strange) was presented with a receipt as full payment had been taken.

I stay away on business approx. 20 weeks per year and have never had payment taken until I have confirmed either by signing or verbally that it is correct. I did request that the GM contact me but this did not happen.

Would I stay again? Only as a last resort.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Lisa S, Guest Service Manager Reception at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, the feedback we receive from valued guests like yourself allows us to identify problem areas and address issues where necessary.

I am very disappointed and sorry to read about your dining experience during your stay and confirm that as a result of this our Food and Beverage Manager has addressed this with his team and the relevant training given in order to avoid a re occurrence.

I can also assure you as the Reception Manager that the issue with you final bill will be addressed with the staff members on shift as all guest should be able to check bills prior to their departure of the hotel, whether this is to be billed back to an account or settled by the guest themselves.

I do hope that you will give the team and I the opportunity to serve you better in the future by to choosing to stay with us when you next require accommodation in the area, where we will endeavour to demonstrate that this was an isolated incident.

If you do require any further assistance or would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kirsty Cayton
Guest Service Manager Reception
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable hotel, efficient check in/out. Guy on reception at check in was a bit abrupt in response to a legitimate query, but hey-ho! Decent sausages for breakfast, shame about the scrambled eggs. All in all a reasonable stay in clean and comfortable surroundings, which is what I expect from this chain, having stayed in several.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Theboywatson,

Thank you for your recent visit to Rotherham and for taking the time to write this review.

I am very disappointed to hear of you comment in regards to our reception and can assure you this matter will be addressed with the Front of House Manager.

Our Team look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Only an overnight stay but it was just what you want. Clean, quiet and a very filling breakfast the following morning. Would definitely stay again if up in that area. Excellent value for money, also good to have the free wi fi.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Anthony L,

Myself and the team would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a review.

We are delighted you found your stay to be good value for money and look forward to seeing you soon.

cambs
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed 2 nights and expecting adequate accommodation but surprised by the good size of the room.

Reception were very friendly.

Free Wi-Fi was nice.Bar prices were not over the top and vending machine downstairs also available.

I was expecting rubbery and tasteless hot food but even though limited to scrambled eggs/sausages and beans it was actually quite tasty.

Minor negatives were not enough towels for a couple and son in one room.
Sleep was affected by a couple of what seemed like elephants above us.
Also grapefruit juice from the machine at breakfast turned out to be just water.Quality of soap/shower gel did not meet my wifes approval.I thought it was fine,

Considering the price we paid,i could not really fault the hotel though and would stay again.

A bistro and Thai and noodle place were walking distance away and an ALDI supermarket is opposite and ?Marstons type restaurant near the supermarket.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear edekrej,

The Team and I would like to thank you for your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express Rotherham North and for taking the time to write this review.

I am delighted that you found our free breakfast offering to be tasty and our accommodation to be of value for money.

In regards to your comments of not enough towels for your family I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you and can assure you this matter will be addressed with our housekeeping team.

We do hope you will visit us again when you are in Rotherham, our front office team are more than happy to assist in allocation you a top floor room to eliminate as much noise as possible prior to your arrival.

Alcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights whilst visiting friends March 2014 will stay again.
Very clean in all guest areas, comfortable beds very modern decor fixtures and fittings. Close to the Motorway, sat nav does not identify the full address but does find Manvers Way. Costa coffee a few hundred yards away. Nice restaurant area friendly helpful staff. We were impressed.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank may2tripad
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear may2tripad,

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and for taking the time to write such a fantastic review regarding it.

The team and I are delighted that that you were impressed with our accommodation and look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Lisa Sutcliffe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rotherham
Ibis Rotherham East
Mercure Sheffield Parkway
Mercure Sheffield Parkway
#1 of 15 in Rotherham
Ibis Styles Barnsley hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North? Share your experiences!