“Good reasonably priced hotel”
Review of Carlton Park Hotel

Carlton Park Hotel
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed here for business. To summarise a good hotel although the room decor is a little old and tired. However, rooms were clean and a nice view from the window, plus ample free parking. Would normally stay in a higher class hotel for business but I think this is one of the better hotels in rotherham. Staff are friendly and attentive. Didn't try food so can't comment.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jason G, Public Relations Manager at Carlton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review following your stay with us. I'm pleased that you found the hotel to be reasonably priced and of good quality. We hope to see you again at the hotel in the future

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our visit to the hotel was a present for my two daughters and myself for afternoon tea, arrived and took drinks onto the terrace.( rubbish bins need removing to another area and not outside side door). Afternoon Tea very well presented ( Old English Rose china) made the table look very impressive. the service was friendly and professional. The finger sandwiches had had imagination and thought put into the fillings. the scones and cakes were delicious and lashing of cream, only downside no jam. I would certainly recommend this as a present.
The Ladies toilets, these need to be brought up to date and made more attractive, very basic so say the least. However a very pleasant afternoon.

2  Thank Robert B

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent afternoon tea at the hotel and for your lovely comments. We have noted your comments about the ladies toilets which will be discussed in the next management meeting. We hope that you will chose the Carlton Park again soon

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Met my mum and sister at this hotel for afternoon tea today. I can honestly say that it was more then I expected. We ate in the lounge bar. The table was beautifully laid with pretty crockery. The staff were friendly and attentive but not intrusive. The best part was the food. A wide selection of sandwiches with tasty fillings. Far more then we could eat and we have very healthy appetites. A fantastic selection of cakes and scones. Full size slices not silly one mouthful and it's gone portions. There was no scrimping on the tea and coffee. Would I go back again for afternoon tea.....Oh yes .Anything I would change. yes. Jam with the scone would have been nice. Lovely lounge area but the ladies loos need a revamp.

3  Thank scaryDerbyshire

I'm delighted that you enjoyed afternoon tea with us at the hotel recently. This is new to the hotel and has proven extremely popular. We hope that you will join us again soon

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My partner and I stayed here Saturday night. We both enjoyed it and will definitely return. The price was really good, especially to have use of the spa facilities which we both loved. Only downsides were in our room there was a patch on the carpet covered in white hairs. (These looked like dog hairs). Also I was waiting a while to be served at the bar, there was no-one there so I had to go find someone. The lad who was supposed to be there couldn't be found so someone else served me. When he did arrive back he seemed quite arrogant. We had something to eat in the restaurant which I don't think we will bother with next time. There wasn't particularly anything wrong with the food, it just wasn't anything special for the price, also it was red hot in there. The breakfast was nice the next morning quite a big selection and definitely value for money as it was included in the price. As I say we would definitely return the spa facilities made it worth while for us, plus they have Sky so you can just chill out in your room watching TV with a drink.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I'm sorry that you found the menu to lack a 'wow' factor - we do try and provide a good quality Yorkshire dining experience with ingredients sourced locally and plentiful portions but on this occasion it seems that we failed to impress. We do offer plenty of in-house events on a weekend with everything from 70's and 80's nights to BBQ's if you fancy trying something different when you visit us next.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were given a gift of a two night stay in a Hotel, after trying to book somewhere in Harrogate or The Lakes we ended up in The Carlton Park in Rotheram. Wasnt our first choice of somewhere to go....but it may well be our next. The Hotel was fantastic, rooms were beautiful, clean, to make this review as useful as possible I will mention thatbthe bathroom was really small....perfectly appointed and spotless but it was small so if you wanted a big spacious bathroom...you wont get it,at least not in the room we stayed in. Thats the only negative thing I can think of...and to be honest it wasnt really a negative for us....The staff at the Carlton Park were really nice, I tied to get as many names as I could to give them a shout...but memory fails ...but Donna, Olivia and Elaine are three I remember....all the staff were brilliant..apart from the young lad in the bar ...he was a bit how can I put it ?..dour...I was probably the same at his age. The food was fantastic...the buffet breakfast out of this world...just a really good two days, nearly forgot the Spa, excellent pool and hot tub...didnt use the treadmills but they are there....will definitely return again...Rotheram and its people are my kind of people...for all the stsff I didnt mention by name...just like to thank you all ...

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comprehensive review of your stay at the hotel recently and for taking the time to name the staff who impressed you. All are delighted that you recognised their efforts. South Yorkshire is often somewhere overlooked when people consider a short break; but, with the beautiful Peak District, cosmopolitan city of Sheffield and attractions such as Magna Science Adventure Centre and Wentworth Woodhouse all close by, South Yorkshire is well worth a visit. We hope to see you again in the near future

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is an excellent hotel with an exceptionally high standard of service. I was staying there while visiting a seriously ill relative in the nearby Rotherham Hospital and we had to change our plans at short notice, often after the official check out time. They could not have been more flexible and helpful, and always with a smile. I cannot thank them enough.
The rooms and the public areas are first class with luxurious curtains, fabrics and furnishings. And magnificent value.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms tend to be more spacious than some on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to write such as wonderful review following your stay with us. It's nice of you to notice, and to mention, the quality of furnishings in the hotel. The owners never cut corners on providing quality furniture and soft furnishings - something that sometimes goes unnoticed on these pages! We appreciate your candid review and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Not a bad stay on the whole but it could really do with a proper Hoover on stairs, corridors and under the beds! Gym didn't open until 7am ( too late for guests needing to have breakfast & go to work). Gym equipment needs updating.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review. Your comments regarding cleanliness will be passed to the Housekeeping Manager as this is something upon which we pride ourselves. We did take advice from residents when deciding the opening hours of our Carlton Park Spa and most preferred for the complex to stay open later rather than open earlier; however, I appreciate that this is a matter of opinion and will certainly pass on your feedback to our General Manager. We hope to see you again very soon.