“Excellent friendly hotel”

Best Western Consort Hotel
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel a number of times now attending an annual dinner dance. Friendliness of the staff, quality of food, general cleanliness, facilities and most of all breakfast consistently excellent!

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Countrymen
BWConsort, General Manager at Best Western Consort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for comments which our team members are always delighted to receive such positive feedback.
We look foward to welcoming you back to the Best Western Consort Hotel in the near future.
Kind Regards
Sharon Leahy

Reviewed 5 November 2013

After having my wedding reception on 5th october 2013 at the Consort Hotel I would recommend it to anyone. Sharon and Ann Louise was always on hand to answer any queries prior to my wedding and to make sure everything was organised as I wanted it. On the day the staff were excellent especially Sammy and the two girls working with him. Sammy was perfect, he was happy and got involved with the celebration we couldn't have asked for anything better. The food was lovely everyone commented how much they enjoyed the food and how nice it was, the buffet during the evening was also good. Our room and the rooms for some of my guests were spacious and clean, and for B & B were good value for money. A good choice of food for breakfast the next day everything from full English breakfast to fruit, yoghurt, toast and several other things too many to list. Defiantly worth considering when booking a wedding or just for a stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ruth592
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Rooms are good and the food is excellent.A warm welcome and all the staff are extremely friendly and helpfull.They do a superb pack up breakfast for people such as myself that have to be on the road at a very early time. I would reccomend the hotel to anyone. PS Gemma and Karen are superb very helpfull.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We have just returned from our second visit to this hotel. We stayed in a superb suite room which was very large and spotlessly clean as are all the areas in the hotel. The staff are very pleasant and professional. We just had breakfast at the hotel as we were eating out with friends, but it was freshly cooked and plenty of choice. We will be returning in the New Year and would recommend it to our friends and family.

Room Tip: The suite rooms are very good with plenty of space and a lovely bathroom at a reasonable price.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We had our wedding here and I can honestly say the day was fantasic from start to finish. All the staff where very efficient and helpful. I stayed the night before the wedding as well as the wedding night, I found the room to be very spacious and the bed was really comfortable.

The food was piping hot and delicious, everyone commented on how good it was and the waiting staff where brilliant. All in all, everyone had a great time and there was no complaints from our guests at all. I would definately recommend a weddiing here.

The only down side, is there is nowhere outside for wedding photos, only the car park, but in the grand scheme of things, this is a very small minus.

Room Tip: If you are not good on your feet, request a room on the ground floor, as there isn't a lift.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline B
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I can only agree with the other reviews pointing out that if a wedding is being held, it may be an idea to look elsewhere.

We were phoned by the hotel after booking and paying in advance, with the news that there was a wedding function on that night and did we want to book a table, as a makeshift dining room would be in operation and they wanted to get ideas of numbers. We said that we wouldn't want a proper meal, but did they serve snacks (sandwiches, chips etc.) in the bar? "Yes we do", was the reply.

What was not explained until we arrived, however, that the bar itself would be off limits to guests, and any food or drink ordered from the bar had to be consumed in your room, or in the Reception lounge. When I expressed disappointment at not having been told this when we booked, we were upgraded to a 'suite', which was in fact just a larger room (218) with a spa bath that didn't work. Not much point trying to get this seen to on a Saturday night. As others have pointed out, the soap dispensers were empty.

We duly ordered some club sandwiches and chips in the Reception area. The food was very good. We ordered drinks, although there didn't seem to be a bar price list on display.

As others have pointed out, the thumping noise from the disco kept us awake until after midnight.

On departure, a member of staff again mentioned that she had heard that I wasn't happy, and once again I pointed out that the service, as it was, had been fine, but that it should have been a matter of ethics and honesty (hopelessly outdated views, I admit) to advise guests in advance that the only 'relaxation area' in the hotel would be the Reception lounge, and that it isn't the same atmosphere as drinking in a bar. She said that the General Manager would phone and apologise, and I said that it wouldn't be necessary.

Despite my request, the General Manager did phone, and I once again tried to point out that my complaint was about not being told in advance about the bar arrangements. I say 'tried' because she kept interrupting and talking over me. Her view was that all the other guests were OK with the arrangement, the implication being that I was the odd one out, and what difference did it make where you drank your drinks? When I once again tried to explain that my complaint was about not being told in advance that the bar area would be off limits, she once again interrupted me so I hung up.

If the General Manager comments on this review, the message will no doubt be that all the other guests were happy with the arrangement, so I can only assume that Best Western's policy is that all hotel guests are sheep and that no-one is allowed to express personal views. I'm not a betting man, but I wouldn't mind wagering that my actual complaint about not being given the information at the time of booking will be ignored.

Room Tip: Ask if a wedding function is on, and if the answer is in the affirmative and you still book, bring e...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Great venue for wedding on 5th October. Right size room for a few quests with very good selection of drinks at the bar. Food was cooked piping hot and staff really nice. Rooms had comfortable beds although were annoyed at the other wedding going on metres from our room.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank jessica s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rotherham
Ibis Rotherham East
Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North
Carlton Park Hotel
Carlton Park Hotel
#9 of 15 in Rotherham

Been to Best Western Consort Hotel? Share your experiences!