Restover Lodge Hotel
US$78
Priceline
US$91
US$88
Ibis Rotherham East(Rotherham)(Great Value!)
US$49
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Consort Hotel(Rotherham)
US$44
All reviewsan industrial estaterooms are basic but cleanpower socketsbudget hotelneeded somewherenice bathroomvisiting familywould stay here againfree wifistayed here for one nightmotorwaywakeearplugsfuneralsheffield
Reviewed 4 August 2013

A really rather dated, shabby, dingy place, more like American motels, with rooms opening to the outside.Small, only about 50 rooms, with very few staff. Set in the middle of an industrial estate.
First impressions were bad, there was a mix up with our booking, and our teenage children, boy and girl, had a double room instead of the twin I'd booked. They did try to find an alternative but nothing was available, however they offered us free breakfasts to make up for it.
On the plus side although the rooms were small and smelt a bit musty, they had been thoroughly cleaned and nothing was broken.
Also the food was excellent, not posh but basic stuff very well cooked and at a reasonably price. Breakfast was limited in choice but acceptable and good value compaired to some budget hotels, with a lower price if you didn't want cooked food.

The management seems to have changed recently and the new guy is doing his best despite the drawbacks of the old buildings, and an inefficient booking system.

Room Tip: They are all the same, except the ground floor open onto outside paths, and on the first floor they are up smelly stairs, and along an outside balcony walkway. The view is a choice of car park or bushes and industrial units.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Milla H
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed here for one night as it was much cheaper than other local hotels. We wasn't in the room much as we was attending a party nearby. The rooms was clean and the receptionist was very welcoming. I would say it is better than some Travelodge's we have stayed in previously!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2013

i would class this as a motel the rooms were separate from the pub/ reception. The man at reception was very friendly. on arrival to our room when we opened the door it smelt of stale smoke so i rang reception and the man came straight over and gave us another room. the second room was much better and he was lovely about it.
we had a great night sleep and my little girl loved the adventure, we had breakfast in the restaurant in the morning and i tell you what that was the best £7 something ive spent and kids were free.
really enjoyed it all and will be back thanks

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

Very clean but basic rooms, staff very friendly and helpful. My only complaint was the beds, ok if you like the feel of springs and don't mind cuddling your partner as yiu will end up in the middle no doubt about it. Needs updating, I woke after a rubbish nights sleep with a very bad back. Suppose you get what you pay for but I have stayed in better hotels for the same price.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I was expecting a Travelodge experience. What I got was much better than that - with a warm welcome and a decent restaurant layout (not all in rows facing a TV, like Travelodge!). While the rooms are basic, they are clean and well-maintained. The bed was comfortable and the room was lovely and warm. Lighting was a little low, but adequate.

This is an independent hotel and has the quirks and the upsides that you can expect from that. The manager/owner and cook were both very friendly and really made me feel welcome.

There is no wifi in the bedroom, but the manager let me borrow the Conference room first thing in the morning so that I could Skype a client. There is FREE wifi in the conference room and the restaurant area.

Unlike many reviewers, I did have a meal in the restaurant. I chose a hot pot and chips. The chips were freshly cooked and delicious. The hot pot had plenty of meat. Not cheap, but fair value for money (hot pot, chips and a drink were just over £10).

The room did not suffer from motorway noise (despite the convenient location). I could hear neighbours on one side, but not the other. However, this was no fault of the hotel as this particular couple could have been heard if they were out in space!

The TV is small but adequate and has very clear reception, with plenty of channels (including Radio).

I paid full price (just under £40) and consider that the offer represents very good value for money. I have pushed this rating up to Excellent in recognition of the personal attention and thoughtfulness of the staff.

Room Tip: If you prefer to be upstairs, ask to be near the stairs. You can park halfway down the car park and easily get to your room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business