“Cannot complain!”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Lincolnshire
“Cannot complain!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here last night and for a budget hotel it is fine.
I paid a total of £55 for a clean room and a meal that was good and wholesome.
The staff were very helpful and polite, The hotel is easy to find off the M18 and is well
placed for Sheffield,Doncaster , and Rotherham.
I will definitely use this hotel again as it is handy for work when in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank MrsFussyLincolnshire
IbisRotherhamEast, General Manager at Ibis Rotherham East, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay. We hope to see you again soon in the near future.
Kind Regards
Kay Buttery

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Liverpool
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I'm a big user of Accor hotels, and plenty of them are of the Ibis variety.

Stayed here once before and got in late and straight out next morning so not much to mention, apart from a couple having major issues checking out.

This stay, three staff at check-in without a clue between them. Decided to have food to save going out, never ever again, expensive and of very poor quality and they all seemed to have no idea what was on or not on the menu. Got my order wrong, starter finally came out and was a poor quality nachos, followed by surprisingly a worse main course of curry that was burnt in parts and for £9 must have had about £1 worth of food.

Only reason it has gained 1/5 was the room was fine and they man at check-out was quick and courteous.

If i ever stay again, it will be room only and only if no other choice close by.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jon_hall
IbisRotherhamEast, General Manager at Ibis Rotherham East, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. If you would like to discuss this further please could you contact me on h3163-gm@accor.com.
Kind regards, Kay Buttery
Sofia, Bulgaria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have stopped at the Ibis Luton a few times and it's top notch.This is why I chose to stop at the Ibis Rotherham when on a visit up there.Well all I can say is that you wouldn't think it was the same group of hotels.The state of the carpet in the room was disgusting,the shower had cracked grout in between the tiles,black mould on various parts of the fittings and silicon,and a broken bulb in one of the bed side lights.
I told the man behind the reception desk,and he said that they had had some "hammer",and renovation was due to some rooms.
He never offered me a different room and that was that.Yes I could have made a scene,but I thought that a review would put it better.
The male staff I encountered need a happy pill,or get down to Luton to see what a welcome you get there and take it back with them.I will stop at the Ibis,Luton again,but certainly not at the Rotherham Ibis,and I come from Rotherham.
See pictures in photos section....Room 320

Room Tip: Sorry cannot do that after my visit,especially room 320
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Steven B
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter.
Please feel free to contact me on h3163-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Kind regards, Kay Buttery.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Sometimes it's all in a name. Many years ago I stayed in an Ibis hotel in Greenwich for two nights while working on a production at the Greenwich Theatre. It wasn't a pleasant experience and as a result the name of Ibis is always one I've avoided ever since.

My budget hotel of choice is Premier Inn. I use it when on visits to Yorkshire to see my mum, but on this occasion their price was just not favourable compared to that of the Ibis hotel a couple of miles away, so I decided to chance it.

It is located right by the M18, very convenient for coming up from London, and there's a McDonald's right outside and a Morrisons supermarket opposite so for all those little extras that you might need for a two night stay, it's perfectly sited. There was no one manning reception when I arrived. No bell to ring either, and then a few minutes two receptionists one male and one female, appeared from the rear office in a state of what might be regarded as deshabille. I won't hazard a guess as to what they'd been up to, but let's say I suddenly felt I had walked into a 1970s British sex comedy. I wasn't asked what room I wanted, and I was given one on the ground floor. Other TripAdvisor reviewers say that it's better to have a room higher up and facing the car park, so that's what I asked for and it was changed with absolutely no problem whatsoever. The initial impressions were that it was a nice room. There was a really good tea making try well stocked, a quite small television, good size mirror and a decent bed with good lighting controls either side. Lots of good hanging space. In room movies. A decent sized bathroom, alas only with a shower, but it was a big walk-in shower and suited me as a six-foot two man unlike so many hotels, Premiere Inn included, which seem to have had their showers installed by a dwarf. Rather ominously one of the windows in the room was broken with a notice on it saying please do not use and some rather threatening Sellotape seemed to be holding it together. The bed seemed to be made up with a sheet that didn't seem to quite fit it. This was soon remedied by word with reception. Without asking they gave me two key cards, always useful where one of them is needed to turn on the power for the room, so a later trip out of the room meant that I could keep the heating and lights on as needed. I have to say that I was impressed with the Ibis overall. Staff were always around when needed, so perhaps the joys of the backroom of reception had proved dreary after a while. I'm going to confess that I didn't avail myself of the breakfast offering. There's a huge supermarket opposite where you can get fruit and cereal bars etc at a fraction of the price that you'll pay for either continental breakfast or cooked breakfast at Ibis, but given that mystay cost me £80 I can't complain. Certainly I feel that on future visits, as long as their prices stay favourable, Ibis is going to give Premier in a run for its money. And Ibis has free Wi-Fi, where as at Premier Inn you do still have to pay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank claytoncast
IbisRotherhamEast, General Manager at Ibis Rotherham East, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us.
Kind regards, Kay Buttery