Ibis Rotherham East
Consort Hotel(Rotherham)
US$56
US$90
US$88
All reviewssir jacksroom was cleanhandy locationpetrol stationbudget hotelsgreat budget hotelexcellent value for moneyshort stayeasy accessexcellent breakfastdecent sizereception staffexcellent staybar and restaurantbooked this hotelplenty of parkinghot food
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent two nights at the hotel. Other than the rooms being a bit tired and needing a revamp, we have no complaints about our accommodation. Comfortable bed and good nights' sleep.

On arrival at a hotel we ask for a small jug of fresh milk - we really don't like the long life milk in the little plastic cartons. When we arrived on the first evening, we asked at reception for a jug of milk, which was happily given to us. The member of staff even commented that they had covered it with some cling film to keep it fresh!

When we came back in on the second evening we again asked for some milk. NO. came the answer from Alex, another member of the hotel staff. We don't do that. We're not allowed to. It's Health and Safety. The milk might go off. You could get food poisoning. We went to our room, thought about it and my husband went back to reception and asked if he could buy a glass of milk. Problem solved, we thought. NO. It's not on the menu, came the answer. We wondered if anybody could buy a glass of milk for a child?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank samdogScotland
IbisRotherhamEast, General Manager at Ibis Rotherham East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Please accept our apologies for the confusion caused during your stay, We can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.
Kind regards, Kay Buttery

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here last night and for a budget hotel it is fine.
I paid a total of £55 for a clean room and a meal that was good and wholesome.
The staff were very helpful and polite, The hotel is easy to find off the M18 and is well
placed for Sheffield,Doncaster , and Rotherham.
I will definitely use this hotel again as it is handy for work when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank MrsFussyLincolnshire
IbisRotherhamEast, General Manager at Ibis Rotherham East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay. We hope to see you again soon in the near future.
Kind Regards
Kay Buttery

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I'm a big user of Accor hotels, and plenty of them are of the Ibis variety.

Stayed here once before and got in late and straight out next morning so not much to mention, apart from a couple having major issues checking out.

This stay, three staff at check-in without a clue between them. Decided to have food to save going out, never ever again, expensive and of very poor quality and they all seemed to have no idea what was on or not on the menu. Got my order wrong, starter finally came out and was a poor quality nachos, followed by surprisingly a worse main course of curry that was burnt in parts and for £9 must have had about £1 worth of food.

Only reason it has gained 1/5 was the room was fine and they man at check-out was quick and courteous.

If i ever stay again, it will be room only and only if no other choice close by.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jon_hall
IbisRotherhamEast, General Manager at Ibis Rotherham East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. If you would like to discuss this further please could you contact me on h3163-gm@accor.com.
Kind regards, Kay Buttery

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have stopped at the Ibis Luton a few times and it's top notch.This is why I chose to stop at the Ibis Rotherham when on a visit up there.Well all I can say is that you wouldn't think it was the same group of hotels.The state of the carpet in the room was disgusting,the shower had cracked grout in between the tiles,black mould on various parts of the fittings and silicon,and a broken bulb in one of the bed side lights.
I told the man behind the reception desk,and he said that they had had some "hammer",and renovation was due to some rooms.
He never offered me a different room and that was that.Yes I could have made a scene,but I thought that a review would put it better.
The male staff I encountered need a happy pill,or get down to Luton to see what a welcome you get there and take it back with them.I will stop at the Ibis,Luton again,but certainly not at the Rotherham Ibis,and I come from Rotherham.
See pictures in photos section....Room 320

Room Tip: Sorry cannot do that after my visit,especially room 320
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Steven B

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter.
Please feel free to contact me on h3163-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Kind regards, Kay Buttery.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com