“Huge room great value”

Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We booked an executive room last minute as we were travelling with our 2 kids and the room was huge, with a dining area and lounge area, minibar, robes, safe etc and two queen beds. Everything was clean and good condition. Reception staff very friendly. Leisure club great pool, sauna, steam room great, jacuzzi was out of order for our stay. Leisure staff really helpful too. Breakfast was amazing, huge choice and good quality, it was never busy either. We ate dinner in the restaurant on the first evening, the staff were very friendly and helpful especially organising baby food but our food was bland, small portions and above all hugely overpriced. I would say its lower quality than our local brewers fayre but the dishes we had for a 3 course meal probably cost £10 more per head (at least!), either the quality and portion size needs to be upped to justify the prices or the prices need to be lower. The huge restaurant was like a ghost town on a Saturday night and now we appreciate why. A great hotel just let down by the evening food, we will definitely stay again but will eat out next time (bar the breakfast :)

• Stayed: August 2014
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found your room to be huge, clean, comfortable and great value for money, I was also really pleased that you had time to enjoy our leisure facilities, which have been recently refurbished, as you say unfortunately the jacuzzi is out of order at the moment, this will be fixed this week. It was disappointing to read that you did not find the quality of food at dinner to be excellent, as you did breakfast and also that our prices were not great value for money, we receive alot of reviews complimenting our food quality and we are constantly checking our prices within the area to make sure that we are competitive, I apologise that you did not find this to be the case during your stay. As with all reviews I will be sure to share your feedback with the team to make sure that we continue to improve the hotel and services that we offer. I hope that we will see you again the next time you are visiting the area. Once again many thanks.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had a brilliant time with the girls massage very relaxing pool nice and warm bedroom beautiful food n sevice spot on would definitely come again. Ideal for a short break.Roll on Christmas for our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Colette64
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for posting a review, it was great to read that you had a fantastic weekend away with the girls and are already looking forward to your next visit at Christmas. Reviews such as yours really do mean alot to us and as always I will be sure to share your comments with the team here at the hotel who will be delighted to hear them. Once again many thanks and we look forward to seeing you again at Christmas.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We booked in and went up to our room, which looked nice. First thing was the standard lamp did not work. Next the bedside table and telephone were dirty. I then had a shower and the shower gell dispenser above the bath was empty. We went down to dinner and I advised reception of the problems. When we got back to the room all was rectified. The room should have been checked with housekeeping and it obviously was not. Apart from that we enjoyed our stay. I had to ask twice in the restaurant for a wine list.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back away from the road.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, it was great to read that you enjoyed your stay. I apologise that you felt you had to complain, I have spoken to my housekeeper with regard to the problems in your room and as you say as much as these small problems were rectified immediately, they should not have been there in the first place. Once again many thanks for the review as your comments will only help us to continue to improve the hotel and services that we offer, I trust we will see you again the next time you are visiting the Rotherham area.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for 3 nights after having changed from the Holiday Inn Express in Wath.

The hotel is nice and feels homely and has an excellent gym and a decent pool. I are in the bar one night and the food and the service was good.

The only downsides were the rooms at the front of the hotel by the dual carriageway were quite noisy at night as the double glazing isn't brilliant.

The wifi speeds are unfortunately absolutely horrendous and make it very difficult to surf the internet and work. I raised the issue at reception who said that it is usually slow

I will stay here again as I'm up in Rotherham with work but will request a room at the back of the hotel and hope the wifi improves!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, it was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be nice and homely. As you say we are situated just off a dual carriageway, i apologise that traffic noise disturbed you, we do have bedrooms on the other side of the hotel away from the road which can be requested for your next stay should you be a light sleeper. The wifi in the hotel is normally good for checking emails and general internet surfing, I apologise that you found it to be slow on this occasion, possibly due to the amount of users at that time, I have instructed our internet provider to check the system to make sure it is working correctly. Once again many thanks for your feedback, as this helps us to continue to improve the hotel and services that we offer, I trust we will see you again the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is, I can only imagine, a new acquisition for the IHG brand. I say that because I had not heard of it before and have spent many a night in the Barnsley Holiday Inn because of the poor alternatives in the area.

I tried it for a four day Business trip that started on a Sunday evening and had me checking out on the Thursday.

The Sunday was very quiet but I enjoyed my meal in the restaurant and a relaxing sleep was had. The same can be said for the week nights, apart from the fact the hotel was very busy. I still enjoyed my meals - trying room service on one occasion, and the quiet surroundings were excellent.

My only downside was that the leisure facilities were not available due to a refurb, but this was mentioned on the website and I knew about it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I was delighted to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be excellent. The hotel has been a Holiday Inn for a number of years now and is and has been on IHG's website, I am sorry you heave not heard of us before, but I am glad that you found us on this occasion and I trust we will be seeing you again. The leisure club is now open and looks fantastic, I apologise that it was closed on your last visit, but there was essential works that we needed to carry out, as I say which have now been completed, so the next time you visit us you will be able to enjoy a relaxing swim. Once again many thanks and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We got a great rate for this room of £36 for one night so it was really good value. We were traveling down from Edinburgh to Swindon and Sheffield made a good half way stop off- especially considering we both went to Uni there! Anyway the hotel itself is very nice, the room was clean and modern and the bed was huge. Bathroom was very nice, lots of towels, and the pillow menu is a nice touch! Parking was free and plentiful and the location is fab for the motorway, Meadowhall and Sheffield which are all within easy reach. We didn't do breakfast but there was an offer of 2 breakfasts for £15 if you booked the night before, which seems good value. A word of warning, my phone signal was bad so I couldn't use my 4G- the hotel has wifi but it's very expensive. So be prepared you might not be able to get online!

My small niggle was the pool- which is actually really nice and has apparently been recently done up. As it was so nice I would have liked to spend a long time in there, but the chlorine level seemed really high and my eyes were stinging after 15 mins. I chatted to another couple in the hot tub who were members of the health club and they said it was always like that and were also rubbing their eyes. I mentioned this on the way out when the guy on the desk asked if I enjoyed my swim- and he said it had been tested and the levels were normal. Maybe your normal levels are too high- just a thought? It's a shame as a lot of money has clearly gone into the pool so if people can't use it because of the chlorine that seems like a waste.

Overall though I would recommend this hotel- it's not a luxury romantic stay, no, but for those looking for a stop off near Sheffield it's a really good value option.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, it was great to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be great value for money. Wifi in the hotel is free for all IHG Rewards club members, should you not be a member it is free to join and there are many other great benefits in being a member. With regard to the chlorine levels in the swimming pool, these levels are checked every two hours every day, obviously due to Health & Safety legislation there is a certain level that the swimming pool must be at to comply with the law, if the chlorine level in the swimming pool was to be either below or above this level then the pool would be closed until it was rectified. Once again many thanks for the review and I trust we will see you again should you be travelling this way.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Booked an all inclusive deal for 23 people on the 15th august included 3 course meal wine on the table and as much alcohol you can consume. What can I say it was a brill night everyone enjoyed there selfs and we will be booking again. I'd like to thank the staff who where lovely and couldn't do enough for you. The meal was very nice. All in all a great night. Thank you for a great night and we will def be back . Courts booking.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, it was great to read that you really enjoyed your visit to one of our all inclusive nights, we have become well known and very popular for these nights and we run at least one a month throughout the year and our Christmas party nights that start in November are also all inclusive and are a fantastic night. I was delighted to read your comments regarding the team and I will be sure to share your review with them all. Once again many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Richard Todd

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rotherham
Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North
#1 of 1 in Hellaby
Holiday Inn Sheffield
Holiday Inn Sheffield
#22 of 53 in Sheffield

Been to Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33? Share your experiences!