“Great service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Marquis
Ranked #60 of 305 Restaurants in Rotherham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Spent just over £18 for a devil dog and a drink, exactly what it say on the tin, took 15 mins to arrive looked good and tasted even better( a little hot tho) service was gd, was on my own, friendly atmosphere and a lad called Elliot made me feel more then comfortable.

Visited April 2014

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Smaller portions. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We have visited the pub on a number of occasions and on latest visit was disappointed, portions smaller, but same price, menu confusing and staff seem more interested in talking to each other rather than serving on the bar. Food took 15 mins and was hot so no complaints there, however presentation was poor and looked thrown together. Place is clean and comfortable, needs decorating but car parking is good.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

As we arrived at the marquis it was clearly very busy and thought we best of going somewhere else... How wrong was I, it turned out that we received some of the best service we have ever received. Justin the manager in the green dapper shirt :) was very attentive and made a real fuss of our little girl, he came over and explained to her that they had no pepper for her veg and offered her something else, this made our girl feel very special as he already provided her with colouring sheets and crayons she was able to really warm to him very quickly. The food we received was what you would expect and we all found it good value for money. I felt I had to write this report just for the service we received, we will be going back.

1 Thank Helenlittle84
“Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

As we live near the Marquis we do visit quite often, but doubt very much we will be going again as the food is very much going downhill. Went out for a family tea. I do appreciate that the food is very reasonably priced with a lot of the meals being 2 for £10. I would therefore not expect it to be of Michelin star standard or anywhere near. However, do not tell me you serve hand battered cod and then give me a frozen grey/off white lump that was inedible. There were 4 of us and all our meals were cold. After leaving most of the food we were looking forward to the usually fantastic chocolate fudge cake, but on this visit it looked like it had just been thrown on the plate with no care at all. Yes they do offer a no quibble guarantee, but English people being English do not complain, perhaps through fear of our food been spit on (not that I am saying this would happen at the Marquis).

Overall a very poor experience and one that we will not be falling over ourselves to repeat.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Marquis, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Helenk64

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Marquis in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Fayre & Square
“Fab ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Just sat now afther thoroughly enjoying the BBQ spare ribs I a big eater and filled me up prompt service and friendly staff even though we changed tables three times john smiths was a fine pint defiantly use fare n square again