“Great for an easy "safe-bet" for a meal out with kids”
Review of Marquis

Marquis
Ranked #47 of 311 Restaurants in Rotherham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Great for an easy "safe-bet" for a meal out with kids”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Been here several times with various combinations of family members occasions and reasons - never had any real issue - although "big dates" like Mothering Sunday etc can get busy with some delays for food.

The food is what it is, standard tucker from a restaurant chain - consistently good quality with a wide range of varied dishes and sides with various combination deals making for a very cost effective meal with clever choices.

Children are we catered for with an on-site play area (small fee) colours/crayons and paper placemats with various activities on them provided and an excellent separate children's menu which allows kids to feel as they are playing a part in their own choices - many of which are very healthy.

All in all a great place to go but don't expect fine dining or the Ritz

• Visited May 2014

“How many Hours in a day”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

we decided to go with all the family for my sisters birthday . we rang 2 weeks prior to book a table but were told it was not needed as they are not usually busy . Upon arrival there was no more than 20 people in he venue , (empty) . We ordered our starters and after 50 minutes it seemed we had being forgot about so I enquired and the food was brought straight out , whilst also at the bar we asked if we could have our child's main meal ASAP due to the wait , which was brought out before the rest of the starters. Yes that's right the child's meal was ready before the starters it seems. After recieving our starters we were told that the COOK had been told to get cracking with our mains so there was no delay on that. Between our starters and mains we had noticed a member of staff putting a 45min delay sign up . You guessed it .... another 1 hour to receive our mains, which they decided to bring to a full table of empty glasses and starters plates. Whilst delivering our Mains , we were told by a member of staff they were very sorry but due to the time we arrived ( 17:00) we had caught them on the back log of children's party which at a guess, would have had 10 children present. I can only imagine how this place carries on when they have more than 20% of the venue full . Just to cap it all off , we had all drunk 3 -4 more drinks than we would have just to occupy ourselves .At the end of it all , NOT 1 of us enjoyed the meal.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Simmyandnic
Buxton, England, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed it! One of the best Fayre & Squares I have been to!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I visited here after visiting two other Fayre & Square establishments earlier in the month.
The staff I must admit like what other people have written were not very interested in serving you but rather talking to each other. When you did manage to get their attention though they were generally quite helpful. The food again like people said was not as quick as I have had it in other fayre and square restaurants but it was worth the wait. When I did get my food it was all well cooked and didn't seem rushed. I don't think the portion sizes were any smaller than anywhere else i got so didn't quite agree with those reviews. Overall to say 1 child+2 adults had 3 meals+ 3 drinks for £17.00 I was quite impressed. This place also has a lovely park for kids and good car park of a good size. I would go there again as I had a lovely day!

• Visited April 2014
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Great service”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Spent just over £18 for a devil dog and a drink, exactly what it say on the tin, took 15 mins to arrive looked good and tasted even better( a little hot tho) service was gd, was on my own, friendly atmosphere and a lad called Elliot made me feel more then comfortable.

Visited April 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Smaller portions. ”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We have visited the pub on a number of occasions and on latest visit was disappointed, portions smaller, but same price, menu confusing and staff seem more interested in talking to each other rather than serving on the bar. Food took 15 mins and was hot so no complaints there, however presentation was poor and looked thrown together. Place is clean and comfortable, needs decorating but car parking is good.