“Lovely Garden Centre, Farm, Play Area and Cafe”

Wentworth Garden Centre
Ranked #2 of 40 things to do in Rotherham
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated in sixteen acres of historic walled and landscaped gardens, Wentworth Garden Centre is arguably the biggest and most attractive centre in the North Midlands. Its setting, in the former Kitchen, Italian and Japanese gardens of Wentworth Woodhouse is unique.We are not a member of any buying group or garden centre chain. We are a long standing, family owned independent and as such care passionately about our customers and their satisfaction. It's a policy that has seen the centre evolve from a tiny village operation into one of the largest garden centres in Yorkshire today.
Chorley Lancashire
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Lovely Garden Centre, Farm, Play Area and Cafe”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Worth a morning or afternoon out. Garden Centre with gorgeous gardens and farm ( payable separate) and a lovely café/restaurant. Excellent facilities and a great gift shop. Reasonable prices and local produce available to buy.

S Yorks
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic day out”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I regularly visit the garden centre with my family. Last week I visited the farm and me and my 22 month old had a fantastic time. Luke and Andy (who work at the farm) were fantastic/very knowledgable ... They even showed us the new creepy crawlies and we stroked a snake!!! Fantastic value-really cheap entrance fee. Still being developed and will be amazing when finished!!! All the gardens/maze areas are beautiful and well maintained. Could spend an hour in there alone. Final point, I ALWAYS get my flowers from the garden centre and being a bit forgetful they are often ordered last minute. This has never been a problem and bouquets are beautiful (and last a good 2 wks -sometimes longer) I would recommend visits to all ages!!!

2 Thank KatieSYorks
Rotherham
“Excellent value for money kids and adult fun for everyone”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We all really enjoyed our trip here it is very local to where we live and short drive distance . I was shocked that u get to see all different types of animals for £2.50 per person . The meerkats where my nephews (the oldest) favourite they looked very happy and all animals and pens/huts were kept clean and tidy and The tractors and park were my youngest favourite . I enjoyed the peacocks and foxes , plus the home made cakes and biscuit shop is amazing .

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great food and nice layout”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We have visited a few times before, and this is one of the few places I know where you can always rely on great food.

The Sunday lunch is excellent - tasty meat and fresh vegetables, and plenty on your plate.

The main shop is nice inside, with some good gift ideas. The other shops are pleasant to have a walk around.

We've not had chance to walk round the gardens, but from what I can tell, it is something that would be worth doing.

Overall, a great idea for a relaxing afternoon out.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“the walled garden restaurant”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I visited the garden centre with my mum today.We had lunch my mum choosing a ham salad and myself opting for the ham and mozzarella panini. It was absolutely beautiful both in presentation and taste.The whole meal experience was fantastic,clean cutlery,crockery and environment. Lots of staff on duty and very,very helpful. I go here,often with my husband after visiting the garden centre(which is also worth a visit) but I thought I would take my mum for lunch. She thoroughly enjoyed it and said she would visit again.
PS.They have cakes to die for especially the coffee and walnut.