“Coming again”

Add it.
Brecon Hotel Rotherham Sheffield
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I stayed here for one week. The accommodation is good; the quality/price is well deserved.
I am from outside UK and whenever I needed some information the guy on reception help me alot.
The room was clean and tidy, internet is working good, good heating system and most important the hotel area it’s very quiet.
I will be pleased to come here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
16  Thank Marius U

Reviewed 23 November 2011

rooms smelled of damp and what could only be described as human waste !
beds were so loud it was unbelievable kept waking myself up when moving in my sleep
next morning I canceled my room at reception and was told no refund possible as I booked over the phone even when on the website it stated free cancelation policy the manager mr Patel flatly refused like I said if you stay here your mad take this review as a warning !!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank jakey111
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I took my son to look at Sheffield Hallam Uni in Oct 2010 and as he has just got in so we are staying there again before he moves into his Hall. The food was excellent and the staff friendly. The room was clean and tidy.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank John B
Reviewed 26 February 2011

my wife and I have just stayed the night and i have to say i was very happy we stayed in one of the rooms in the annexe .it was tidy and comfortable ,the breakfast was lovely and filling the staff were helpful and very courtious it made the stay i would recommend to anyone

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank johnnnnyboyy
Reviewed 1 November 2010

We recently held our Golden Wedding lunch for 50 people at the Brecon. Our guests ranged in age from 8weeks old to 87 years. All were catered for in a cheerful, efficient and friendly manner. We had a delightful afternoon and feedback from our guests was all very positive and full pf praise for the staff.

• Stayed: October 2010
4  Thank visitbrix
Reviewed 5 April 2010

We stayed here because we couldn't find anywhere else to stay. The rooms are very old and dated and badly in need of updating. The room we stayed in had a very strange smell to it. I wouldn't recommed anybody to stay here but i have seen worse.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Diana1205
Reviewed 9 November 2008

My wife and I stayed one night at this hotel which was more than enough. The mattress on our bed had a dip in it on one side where numerous people had sat over the many years it had been on the bed. The central heating made noises all night long. The shower was just adequate. There was bare wood where the door frame had been repaired and never painted. The towel rail in the bathroom was rusty and there was mould around the bath. The service at breakfast was slapdash and quite what it was that they served my wife under the pretext of scrambled egg will forever remain a mystery.

Then to cap it all when I and some friends who were also staying there went to check out they tried to overcharge us by £5 each. The young woman working on reception has little idea what she was doing and had to call the owner to sort things out. I wanted to complain but did not want to cause a scene as I was so disgusted with the poor standard of accommodation and service all at a vastly overinflated price.

I could go on but since I am never likely to stay there again I will refrain from further comment. Wherever possible I try to avoid chain hotels as I like to support the smaller privately owned properties but this one gives independent hotels a bad name.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple