Brecon Hotel Rotherham Sheffield
Consort Hotel(Rotherham)
US$56
US$90
US$88
Ibis Rotherham East(Rotherham)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$47
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I booked this hotel as was close to my business destination and was cheap.

Surprised to find out that the main part of the hotel was closed as did not state this on their website, unless i missed it? This meant I was staying in the annex building at the back. I must admit that this did make me fear the worse although I was pleasantly surprised in the end.

The room is a little dated, but it gives it a cosy feel that the larger chains with their modern and sometimes cold decor don't always achieve. The room was lovely and warm, which was welcome with the temperatures outside being sub-zero. Shower worked very well and the free wi-fi was very useful.

I picked up breakfast supplies from a local supermarket, and ate in my room along with the free coffee provided. This was actually a welcome change from eating the same old breakfast that you get in hotels, and cost me far less than the typical £10+ you would pay for a breakfast.

Most important of all though, I got the best night sleep in a hotel that I've had for several years! Not entirely sure why but possibly because it was set back from the main road and so no street lights shining into the room. It was also quiet and bed was comfortable.

Put simply, I'd stop here if I were to visit Rotherham again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
10  Thank Adam S
Reviewed 10 December 2012

A friend and I booked one night here at short notice as we were attending the Pulp concert in Sheffield and all other options were exhausted. We were told on arrival we'd be staying in the annex as the main building was being refurbished. So no breakfast, no lounge and no bar. I noticed from other reviews that this had been the case since January which seems a little odd. Anyway the room itself smelt of damp and was rather tired looking, the beds were small and creaky and the shower was very old. Other than that it was relatively clean. The noise from our neighbours was extremely audible so the walls were clearly rather thin. For the money paid this was not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in but you would expect a bit more for your buck. One has to wonder when the main building will be available to guests? I'll check back in six months on TripAdvisor and see. ;)

Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank JoD83
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I have been staying at this hotel since 2011 for work purposes. It is good for room only, price is fair and very close to the town. Room is of good size, warm, internet is ok, bath and shower! Staff friendly. I would highly recommend The Brecon Hotel to people like me who need a room for a few nights a week.

Only thing lets it down is the hotel is set back from main road, so very quiet.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
12  Thank alan d
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Rang to ask about visiting the establishment and when asked about the sky tv facilities was spoken to in arrogant and rude manner by the member of staff when I inadvertently called it a pub instead of a hotel. Awful, pompous attitude received from the male hotellier/ receptionist so I would not ever visit this place or give them custom. Disgraceful attitude to a potential customer.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Matthew B
Reviewed 27 June 2012

A nice overall sound hotel with clean bathroom and friendly staff, no frills cheap and easy to book with value for money.

Room Tip: Lower rooms better
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business