“Harry Potter Afternoon Tea”

Cardamon Tea Lounge & Shop
Ranked #108 of 545 Restaurants in Colchester
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Description: Cardamon is a real passion about tea, once you make your way in you will enjoy the experience as your new journey sitting on comfy sofas or cosy chairs, curious ambient and beautiful furniture around and unique touches. The beauty is in the details which include everything from souvenirs to the unique lamps. It was my labor of love, it was taken a while to collect a good stock, especially teapots.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I came across Cardamon Tea shop whilst looking online for somewhere to take my 9 year old for afternoon tea, and had to book when I saw the wizard theme as she is Harry Potter mad! I kept it a secret and when we entered the shop and she saw the food her little face lit up and she was smiling throughout the whole visit. There is lots of attention to detail, and the food was very tasty. It is also very good value as we struggled to get through all of the food. We had lots of fun taking pictures with the props and in the cupboard under the stairs which has been done up to look just like the one from the film. The shop is charming with all the little touches, and the staff were very friendly. We will definitely be returning. Thank you.

Date of visit: November 2018
Cardamon T, Owner at Cardamon Tea Lounge & Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your review and we're glad you and daughter had fantastic time at our little tea shop.
We hope to see you more often from now:)))
All the best, Izabela

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I took my daughter for a wonderful experience at this venue. The food was delicious and very fresh even though the place was fully booked. The staff were so accommodating and were quick to serve. The owners certainly make this an experience to remember and I particularly loved the onion soup. I will certainly book another themed tea (although for me it was more than enough for lunch - In fact I took the remainder home for later. Bring on the Alice in Christmasland.

Date of visit: November 2018

Thank you so much for such an amazing present you left us and for your fantastic appearance. It was a pleasure to serving you. See you soon, Izabela

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

It was the first visit for me and my friend today for the Harry Potter inspired afternoon tea and we will definitely be back.
We received a warm welcome with very efficient service. The attention to detail with all the props was fantastic and made for an extra special experience.
There was a very good selection of sandwiches, cakes and treats including the infamous chocolate frogs and it was all very tasty.
The owner was also very accommodating as my friend is a vegetarian and a special box of sandwiches were brought out for her separately as well. There was also a fantastic selection of tea’s rather than just the usual breakfast tea which also tasted lovely.
If you’re looking for a truly magical afternoon tea experience you definitely can’t go wrong with the beautiful quirky shop. Already looking forward to my next visit.

Date of visit: November 2018

Fantastic review from excellent Wizards. We can't expect more! Thank you so much:))) We can't wait to see you soon:)))

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Myself and my daughter who’s 10 were extremely excited to experience the wizards tea! Unfortunately we were very off put by the rude lady’s who work there! Especially the owner! The whole experience itself is such a wonderful idea and the attention to detail is worth the £20pp price tag (definitely not the service charge though.) We wasn’t asked if we were ok at all we wasn’t asked if we needed any other drinks, half way through eating the staff started taking props away for the other tables!
The food isn’t home made at all, it’s all shop bought with a twist which ok that’s fine but means the food is honestly rather tasteless! One batch of sandwiches were rather gross -not sure if that was part of the wizards theme but they were horrid tasting and no one could eat them! All in all very let down by the service here it’s very apparent that they are a business and nothing else. They want you in and out they rush you the whole time to get others in. Maybe if they had to work for a tip instead of already adding the service charge they may have tried a little harder?!.
My daughter was ignored by all staff none even said hello to her. I understand you are busy but please take time to be polite to your customers or say hello to children coming to enjoy the magic! - at the very least!!!! This had so much potential but I honestly wouldn’t recommend. I would buy the stuff yourself and do a Harry Potter tea at home..

Date of visit: November 2018
Cardamon T, Owner at Cardamon Tea Lounge & Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear customer,
What do you meant, the staff and owner was rude to you and your daughter?
We don’t promise any kids entertainment during Wizards afternoon tea, don’t we?
In our newsletter also we invite you to look around and enjoy all props.
We did our best to serve to whole your booking of 5 people.
The part of your booking spoke with us more than you, as you did arrived 1 hour after your booking time.
All our staff made sure your booking have all you need and even you arrived to late, we leaved you to finish in relaxing atmosphere.
As your slot did finished at 1.30pm we did politely asked if we can take the prop from your table.
We believe that you read the menu, ts&cs before you decide to join us.
"One batch of sandwiches were rather gross -not sure if that was part of the wizards theme but they were horrid tasting and no one could eat them!"
All sandwiches magically disappeared from suitcase- meant it wasn’t terrible us you describe and the menu has much more things.
It’s a shame you left such a lying review, as all customers had magical time with us.
We wish you all the best and much happier moments in your life.
Cardamon Team

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

I sent two emails requesting to book a table for this Friday for my nans birthday as a nice surprise lunch but NEVER received a response to either email so I even tried to ring but phone was permanently engaged! Bitterly bitterly disappointed as I was so looking to trying this venue as looks fab from the outside

Date of visit: September 2018
Cardamon T, Owner at Cardamon Tea Lounge & Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Dear customer,
We're fully understand your disappointment but not the review.
We've received only 1 email from you on 18th at 12:35 and responded the same day 21:38, as you wasn't responded to our email we don't take more actions. We advise to you to re check your email and spam box.
We replay to all emails the same day and as you mention on your email our phone was engage what mean we did received lots phone calls trying make the best service to all customers.
Kind regards,