“What an amazing lady!!”

Four Sevens Guest House
Ranked #6 of 41 Colchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at the four sevens for one night whilst on a training course. As soon as I walked into the guest house I was made to feel welcomed by the lovely landlady. The place had such a homely feel that I wanted to take my shoes of and curl up on the sofa. The whole house is beautiful, so clean and beautifully decorated, there was a heavenly smell of home baking and yes I got a yummy pieces of coffee and walnut cake. I slept like a log warm and cosy and no noise. Breakfast the next day was served by a wonderful host, who was just so nice and it was humbling to talk to her. And I was amazed when I asked her to call me a cab she insist on dropping me even though she had a friend who had just come to visit. I wish that I could've stayed longer and if I am ever in that area would not even contemplate another guest house. You don't often meet people who are so willing to go out of their way. I wish them the best and every success in their business they truly deserve it. Fay x

Room Tip: All seems quiet but I bet the garden rooms are an even better view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Mufflon1, Owner at Four Sevens Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Reviewed 27 April 2014

my wife and i recently had to stay in Colchester having never been there before and my wife booked the Four Sevens on female intuition, and we are both so pleased she did! Calypso greeted us when we arrived with a slice of chocolate brownie cake, and that set a theme. she was so friendly and always willing to help (we could not thank her enough). the room was spacious, spotlessly clean, and beautifully light and airy (we had one with an en-suite bathroom), and the bed comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was splendid, setting us up for the rest of the day.
The Four Sevens is located in a quiet, mature area of Colchester but conveniently is approximately 15 minutes from the centre of town. THANK YOU CALYPSO FOR MAKING OUR STAY A PLEASURABLE ONE

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have just spent two nights as guest of the Four Sevens Guest House in Colchester. I would highly recommend this establishment run by an extremely friendly and welcoming hostess. Clean, warm, comfortable and quiet.
I will most definitely be recommending it to my friends and returning there on any further trips to Colchester

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank libbybrook

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I enjoyed greatly my staying at Calypso's. I felt spoiled by the big warm room, full of light and sunshine and more important, so quiet. Calypso was very warm and friendly, and very understanding with all my needs and my timetable. Delicious breakfast. Everything had a personal touch.
I will definitely return and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

My colleague and I stayed here for one night. We where so impressed with the size and standard of rooms . We received a lovely welcome from
Calypso. ( lemon cake on arrival) . The breakfast was so big and delicious . I had such a great nights sleep , bed very comfy. I would recommend and if I had to return to Colchester again I would definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2014
Mufflon1, Owner at Four Sevens Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Sheena,
Thank you so much for your very kind words.
All the best.
C Demetri

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My family and I stayed for the first time with Calypso at her beautiful house some 19 years ago. It was love from the first sight! We have never thought to stay somewhere else in Colchester since 1994!!!
We can warmly recommend you the Four sevens! We will really feel at home there!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Calypso - yes that really is the landlady's name - was so welcoming and thoughtful.
She showed us to our room - beautifully appointed and overlooking the garden - and by the time we had brought our bags in from the car, there were 2 HUGE pieces of homemade chocolate fudge cake waiting for us. The next day, after a wonderful breakfast, we went for a day out. On our return, the room had been cleaned and towels changed, and we had homemade apple & almond cake - divine.
Everything about this guest house was first class and I would recommend staying here to everyone - a real 'Home from Home".

Room Tip: All of the rooms were beautifully appointed, but I would definitely pay that little bit extra for th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple