“Amazing, friendly awesome place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colchester
Four Sevens Guest House
Ranked #7 of 40 Colchester B&B and Inns
Newbridge, Gwent
“Amazing, friendly awesome place to stay!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

our families stayed here when my husband and I lived in Colchester and they found it an amazing experience.
Since moving back to our hometown we have visited Colchester a number of times and always stay here.
Even after 12 years Calypso still remembers our names and makes a point of knowing her guests.
The breakfasts are amazing and I've never had better service. The food beats even those in 5star hotels. You really will be stuffed with the breakfast.
The guest house isn't exactly diamond standard but it's comfortable, warm, well laid out and a really lovely place to stay.
I've tried other places but they never live up to this one!

• Stayed September 2013
Mufflon1, Owner at Four Sevens Guest House, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Thank you very much for the review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Calypso is the most courteous, kind, and gracious hostess I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

I stayed at the Four Sevens for just over a week while visiting from Canada. I was visiting to get to know the school I'll be working at in September and it was close to both the school and the town centre so the location is just great.

The room was very large and bright, especially compared to the hostel I'd been staying at the week before. Wifi on the second floor was somewhat inconsistent and I could have made use of a desk, but these are truly the only faults I could find with this B&B. Calypso makes great coffee and is a great cook. Do not eat her full English breakfast before going to work! You'll explode by 11!

Wouldn't recommend anyone stay anywhere else in Colchester.

Room Tip: Wifi was sometimes troublesome on the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights here and would rate this b+b as the best by far that my wife and I have stayed in. We were greeted with a lovely smile and a piece of cheesecake (homemade!). The place is spotless yet homely and is spacious with everything laid out with guests needs in mind. The dining room is gorgeous and the cooked breakfast is first class. The owner, Calypso, is a lovely sincere lady who loves what she does, nothing is too much trouble for her. She made our business trip feel like a holiday.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Finedon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

From the moment myself and my girlfriend arrived at Four Sevens, we were made very welcome by the owner (Calypso)
In a very quiet situation, Four Sevens offers a very tranquil getaway for anyone wanting to explore Colchester. With the benefit of off road parking.
We were on a trip to celebrate our First Anniversary and this was a lovely base to spend our time.
Clean, airy and very comfortable rooms and an absolutely delicious Breakfast.
Highly recommended.
Thank you to Calypso and her family.

Mr Hamilton and Miss Williams

Room Tip: Ask for Room 6. Big room, very peaceful, Ensuite
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at the four sevens for one night whilst on a training course. As soon as I walked into the guest house I was made to feel welcomed by the lovely landlady. The place had such a homely feel that I wanted to take my shoes of and curl up on the sofa. The whole house is beautiful, so clean and beautifully decorated, there was a heavenly smell of home baking and yes I got a yummy pieces of coffee and walnut cake. I slept like a log warm and cosy and no noise. Breakfast the next day was served by a wonderful host, who was just so nice and it was humbling to talk to her. And I was amazed when I asked her to call me a cab she insist on dropping me even though she had a friend who had just come to visit. I wish that I could've stayed longer and if I am ever in that area would not even contemplate another guest house. You don't often meet people who are so willing to go out of their way. I wish them the best and every success in their business they truly deserve it. Fay x

Room Tip: All seems quiet but I bet the garden rooms are an even better view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

my wife and i recently had to stay in Colchester having never been there before and my wife booked the Four Sevens on female intuition, and we are both so pleased she did! Calypso greeted us when we arrived with a slice of chocolate brownie cake, and that set a theme. she was so friendly and always willing to help (we could not thank her enough). the room was spacious, spotlessly clean, and beautifully light and airy (we had one with an en-suite bathroom), and the bed comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was splendid, setting us up for the rest of the day.
The Four Sevens is located in a quiet, mature area of Colchester but conveniently is approximately 15 minutes from the centre of town. THANK YOU CALYPSO FOR MAKING OUR STAY A PLEASURABLE ONE

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have just spent two nights as guest of the Four Sevens Guest House in Colchester. I would highly recommend this establishment run by an extremely friendly and welcoming hostess. Clean, warm, comfortable and quiet.
I will most definitely be recommending it to my friends and returning there on any further trips to Colchester

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends