Premier Inn Colchester Cowdray Avenue (A133) Hotel
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Colchester
Bath
“Friendly hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed two nights at this hotel on a visit to my home county of Essex. Convenient if coming by train (North Station) and 10 minute walk into town (albeit up North Hill). Could get a bus if necessary). In general all Premier Inns are the same so you expect a certain standard and that is what I got. However, I felt the lady member of staff who greeted me was particularly friendly (which I appreciated as I was on my own) and was very informative.
Despite the hotels location on the busy Cowdray Avenue, it is set well back from the road, rooms have double glazing, were quiet and I had a good nights sleep. I would most definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Lovely clean and comfortable room.Staff were helpful and pleasant. Would definitely go back. Only let down was one morning having to wait for nearly 40 mins for breakfast. But the service and food were good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Friendly, helpful welcome. Clean and comfortable quiet room. Restaurant in the pub next door offered good basic food and more friendly service. Slept wonderfully well in a comfy bed. Next time I'm in Colchester - I will book in here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Couldn't fault the service from the friendly staff. Booked an extra night at very short notice and the staff managed to organise it so that I kept the same room. My friend and I had a good steak meal in the restaurant next door.

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Hotel just like others fantastic and up to date restaurant eve ? Didn't eat, breakfast need more staff food OK , reception staff were fantastic and the room was supper clean grounds were tidy and clean

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Mold, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

We came down to bring the Christmas presents to our son and his family. They only live 5 minutes walk away so the location is ideal. I booked on the Premier Inn website as usual without stating a room choice. However, Tracie, on reception, recognised our name and knew we preferred a ground floor room on health reasons, so this was made available. This young lady is a jewel!! Breakfasts are very good here, and Santa was a hit with our young grandchildren. Overall another great stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed at the hotel with 2 friends on Dec 7th while attending an evening event in the city centre. We were greeted on reception by the friendly and professional Sarah. She was lovely and nothing was too much trouble. Our rooms were spotless, large and comfortable, on the ground floor around the corner from reception. The Sunday morning my roommate and I noticed a leak coming from underneath the bath and reported this to Sarah who said it would be taken care of ASAP but as we were then leaving it was too late for our stay.

We had a fabulous breakfast in the pub next door where the serving staff were equally as pleasant. After leaving the hotel my roommate realised she had lost a valuable ring and was really quite upset. We rang the hotel and Sarah walked down to the room while I was on the phone and spoke to someone who was presumably cleaning the room. They found the ring within 10 secs......we were so relieved and retuned to pick it up. We then decided to buy some coffees in the pub next door & were quite surprised that the containers were only half full only to be told that this was how the machine measured them. If we wanted full cups, 2 coffees would cost £10.00..........a very steep price!!

Apart from the leak and the coffees we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends