“Beautiful clean pool house, therapists really lovely, great value for money”

Bannatyne Health Club & Spa - Colchester, Kingsford Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Ashford, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Beautiful clean pool house, therapists really lovely, great value for money”
Reviewed 15 October 2010

My sister and I booked up for our Mum's 60th Birthday and our other sister's 30th Birthday on a BOGOF deal, which included a facial and a pedicure or manicure. We went in January 2010. I phoned to book additional treatments for all 4 of us (With about 3 weeks notice) and found the desk staff very rude, abrupt and begrudgingly accommodating of this which as a business I found quite odd. This certainly dampened my expectations and I wondered if I'd done the right thing. The spa is set in a Georgian house. It was busy as we arrived at 9.00am for check in, and were given robes, slippers and towels. I'm tall and bigger than most 'one size' robes, so found my robe a bit indecent. I didn't think to ask if they had anything bigger (But did on a trip to the sister Bury St. Eds Spa and they do have them) It's clearly a well oiled machine and lunch ordered we headed to the pool house. The changing rooms, were clean and spacious, and the pool house was lovely. Facilities included Pool, Sauna, jacuzzi tub, jacuzzi recliners in the pool, steam room and aromatherepy room. Really restful place to be.
After the morning in the pool house we went for lunch in a lovely bright conservatory. Food was delious but very 'spa' sized portions. I chose well so wasn't left hungry but the other's were. Treatments and therapists were lovely. Despite booking on BOGOF offer it wasn't explained that we'd have our treatments in the same room. This wasn't a problem for me as I was with my sister, but not everyone would be comfortable with this and it felt a bit like they were packing them in. Treatment rooms were well equipped and at the end of the massage they covered me in a kind of duvet. Total bliss, I could have slept for hours. The waiting area was warm and comfy and you could help yourself to water between treatments. Feeling totally pampered we made our way home.
The offer was so good, the pool house amazing and the therapists so lovely I would go again, they just need to give the telephonists some customer servce / sales training.

ClariceHouseManager, Owner at Bannatyne Health Club & Spa - Colchester, Kingsford Park, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your day. We will take on board the less positive comments and do hope you see an improvement when you next visit and your positive comments have been passed to all the relevant staff, they will be very pleased to see your review.

Travellers who viewed Bannatyne Health Club & Spa - Colchester, Kingsford Park also viewed

Colchester, Essex
Thorpe le Soken, Essex

Been to Bannatyne Health Club & Spa - Colchester, Kingsford Park? Share your experiences!