All reviews low beams old building four poster older part main building full english great character town centre lady on reception friday evening superior room the pub would stay again cooked breakfast family wedding waiting staff stayed here for one night
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Superb hotel. We were there for Amy Winehouse Tribute night which was superb. When I originally enquired, I explained I was vegan and what could they offer me. They came straight back setting out my 3 course vegan meal for the evening. I booked tickets straight away and we decided to book a room. Absolutely lovely hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Oh, and my meal was outstanding. Thank you to the chef and to Stefan and Megan, fabulous friendly staff. ❤️

1  Thank sammybubb
LisaG1999, Manager at Best Western The Rose And Crown Colchester, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

The Amy Winehouse tribute was a first for us but it was a great success.

I am pleased we accommodated your dietary needs without fuss, I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Check-in was efficient, we arrived an hour early, and because housekeeping were done, offered our room immediately with no drama, refreshing ! Had a twin bed room - very quiet, overlooks the Free car-park. Adequate space, and facilities - clean - Wi-Fi was ok. Don't miss breakfast, all freshly cooked with a great selection of help yourself cereals/fruit/yoghurts/juices etc. Gluten-free bread too. I'm already looking at dates to return. 5-10 minute walk into centre of town. Just a shame about the rain ☔️

Room tip: 209 has twin beds
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi there and what a perfect review,

I'll try to arrange no rain on your next visit but can not promise.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Thank you for setting the room how my friend asked you to do it as a suprise for our wedding night, was very nice bed was very comftable and huge, nice bathroom aswell and we enjoyed breakfast delivered to the room! The downside to this hotel was that it was very cold and very noisy, walls not very thick and could hear trains and traffic easily!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Many congratulations on your wedding and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

The olde worlde section does have thinner walls which we have looked into sound proofing but keeping them historical - watch this space.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We have been here twice now and we loved it! Food is really good and reasonably priced and the hotel rooms are comfortable and the staff are helpful and welcoming. Only down fall is that is so hot in the rooms Even with the windows wide open it doesn't seem to cool down. But that's not enough to put us off coming back again! We would definitely come back when in the area and recommend to friends and family.

Hi Katie,

Great to hear from our "regulars" - did you notice the fan in the wardrobe!

See you again soon