Lowest prices for your stay
US$88
US$87
Priceline
US$87
Hotels.comUS$88
TravelocityUS$89
Agoda.comUS$87
All reviews old building low beams four poster open fire lots of character christmas party lovely building town centre executive room bed was comfortable lady on reception would stay again stayed here for one night family room high street kay tudor
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Stayed here for work. Very easy to find and just about enough parking but I did get there quite early-ish.

Warm welcome on arrival and the room was comfortable and clean. Only negative was that every car that arrived at the hotel drove just under my window which was quite annoying.

Food was nice but they dont start serving until 6.30pm. Didn't have breakfast

Will stay again if nearby for work

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
LisaG1999, Manager at Best Western The Rose And Crown Colchester, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Hi Ceri,

Thanks for posting a review, we always like to hear from our coporate guests.

I look forward to welcoming back and we will allocate a room more centrally.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Had a great night watching the amazing Laura Butler's Amy Winehouse tribute act in a lovely old (possibly haunted!) hotel. The 3 course meal that was included was exceptional, ALL the staff were amazing and attentive to our needs, couldn't recommend enough. Can't wait to go back 5 star.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for posting a review about our first Amy Winehouse Tribute.

We have an Elvis and Vegas Tribute in Oct/Nov.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Superb hotel. We were there for Amy Winehouse Tribute night which was superb. When I originally enquired, I explained I was vegan and what could they offer me. They came straight back setting out my 3 course vegan meal for the evening. I booked tickets straight away and we decided to book a room. Absolutely lovely hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Oh, and my meal was outstanding. Thank you to the chef and to Stefan and Megan, fabulous friendly staff. ❤️

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha B

The Amy Winehouse tribute was a first for us but it was a great success.

I am pleased we accommodated your dietary needs without fuss, I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Check-in was efficient, we arrived an hour early, and because housekeeping were done, offered our room immediately with no drama, refreshing ! Had a twin bed room - very quiet, overlooks the Free car-park. Adequate space, and facilities - clean - Wi-Fi was ok. Don't miss breakfast, all freshly cooked with a great selection of help yourself cereals/fruit/yoghurts/juices etc. Gluten-free bread too. I'm already looking at dates to return. 5-10 minute walk into centre of town. Just a shame about the rain ☔️

Room tip: 209 has twin beds
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank angelal2015

Hi there and what a perfect review,

I'll try to arrange no rain on your next visit but can not promise.